Healthy 'B' Cereals

helenmcloughlin92

Can anyone recommend any good cereals that are classed as a Healthy 'B'? At the moment I've been having Honey & Nut Shredded Wheat, but beginning to get abit fed of up it and needing a change so that I don't start to slip off the wagon!

Would love some suggestions for others that I could try :)

Thanks,
Helen :)

2 weetabix

It's what i usually have. I find with other cereals there just isn't enough! lol Although All-Bran is quite filling too :)

They're filling too which will keep me going til lunch - sometimes find the others don't unfortunately :(

Seen the All Bran Golden Crunch advertised in this months SW magazine so I'm thinking of giving them a go too :)

I sometimes have a Dorset Cereals raspberry & cranberry porridge sachet - make it with water and then stir in a Muller Lite vanilla yoghurt (to save my milk for the copious amounts of coffee I usually drink). In all honesty, its not as nice as making it with milk but it makes a huge bowlful!

I find bran flakes (35g) filling.

Also had Aldi Harvest Morn Really Nutty Muesli (28g) last week - it didn't look much in the bowl but I lasted til lunchtime.

goagirl said:
I find bran flakes (35g) filling.

Also had Aldi Harvest Morn Really Nutty Muesli (28g) last week - it didn't look much in the bowl but I lasted til lunchtime.

I might give the muesli ago if it's filling?

I usually have porridge or 35g of crunchy bran as you get a decent amount in your bowl!

I'm so confused about new allowances? Still some inconsistency on here about what's allowed now. I though cereals had been made 35g including muesli? I can't check as I don't go to class :confused:

What cereals do folk find best aid losses? I'm trying to avoid too many cereal bars / bread etc would rather stick to cereals as I think they're probably better for losses...any help or advice greatfully appreciated!

Lea C said:
I'm so confused about new allowances? Still some inconsistency on here about what's allowed now. I though cereals had been made 35g including muesli? I can't check as I don't go to class :confused:

What cereals do folk find best aid losses? I'm trying to avoid too many cereal bars / bread etc would rather stick to cereals as I think they're probably better for losses...any help or advice greatfully appreciated!

Personally i could never contemplate having 1 or 2 cereal bars for breakfast as my HEXb simply because I would be starving!!!!

I generally have porridge & a scan bran for breakfast even in summer simply because it fills me up.

We are going on holiday in 8 weeks and I'm taking some oat so simple porridge & scan bran with me as I know 2 weetabix just wouldn't do it for me and I won't have any scales with me to weigh out any other cereal!

The only other cereal I really eat is crunchy bran as you get 35g (used to be 42g). You do get a decent amount, still don't think it's as filing as porridge though!

What are the new allowances then? I cannot go to class neither, but I did notice in the magazine they have gone from 28g, to 35g. Is this on all plans? Oh, so confused, make no wonder I am not losing anything. ;(((

I sometimes have a Dorset Cereals raspberry & cranberry porridge sachet - make it with water and then stir in a Muller Lite vanilla yoghurt (to save my milk for the copious amounts of coffee I usually drink). In all honesty, its not as nice as making it with milk but it makes a huge bowlful!
Have you tried making it with half water and half milk. I do this with porridge oats and find it much nicer than just water and it helps save milk.

I am not a huge cereal fan (hate soggy cereal:p)

so like 35g Crunchy Bran
35g Bran Flakes
30g of All bran Crunchy (these are lovely dry as a snack too:D)

as well as the odd oats so simple

all made with my milk for the day (semi skimmed 250ml) as hexa

They're filling too which will keep me going til lunch - sometimes find the others don't unfortunately :(

Seen the All Bran Golden Crunch advertised in this months SW magazine so I'm thinking of giving them a go too :)

very disapointing when you measure out 35g of this......... lol i usually have fresh fruit, yogurt and sprinkle it on top, so its like a crispy extra, xx

Personally i could never contemplate having 1 or 2 cereal bars for breakfast as my HEXb simply because I would be starving!!!!

I generally have porridge & a scan bran for breakfast even in summer simply because it fills me up.

We are going on holiday in 8 weeks and I'm taking some oat so simple porridge & scan bran with me as I know 2 weetabix just wouldn't do it for me and I won't have any scales with me to weigh out any other cereal!

The only other cereal I really eat is crunchy bran as you get 35g (used to be 42g). You do get a decent amount, still don't think it's as filing as porridge though!

Hey Becky

Do you just make up your Oats so simple with milk and add scan bran?

KimB(sw) said:
very disapointing when you measure out 35g of this......... lol i usually have fresh fruit, yogurt and sprinkle it on top, so its like a crispy extra, xx

Completely agree with you - I've gone back to having 2 weetabix instead because they're more filling :( was so disappointed!! Xx

Trash said:
Hey Becky

Do you just make up your Oats so simple with milk and add scan bran?

Yes I do... I break the scan bran up as small as possible and adding my oat so simple and milk and bob it in the microwave. Once it's done just give it a good stir and the scan bran just mixes in with your porridge

Hi,
You didn't mention if you had any dislikes, but my favourite is porridge oats (35g) & 375ml of Skimmed milk which counts as your healthy A choice. Then I add 20g of Tate & Lyles Golden Syrup (2 & 1/2 syns) This is very filling & also helps if you have a sweet tooth.

Anyone know where you can get Dorset cereals porridge? According to the Dorset website it only seems to be Asda and Waitrose that stock them, but I've tried one Asda near me and can't find them

Back