Healthy extra confusion

I'm doing a shopping list ready to start on Saturday and have been looking at the food optimising book. I noticed for healthy extra b you can have Alpen light bars but it state 1 bar then underneath states 2 bars. One bar has got the s next to it for speed so does it mean you can have 2 but it then won't be classes as speed?

Exactly that. 2 is a hex b BUT if you want to maximise your losses just have one. That's how it used to be. Unless on an SP day one could be your extra hex b to protect your losses so you would have max 3 a day? How old is your copy of the book?

Last edited:
That's what I thought, although I was very confused at first until I saw the S. I'm not sure how old it is, I bought it on eBay and the person who had it started in August 2015 so I'm assuming they went to group and got the books new.

I just wondered if it were older and didn't have sp because then the rule as def you CAN have two but consider having one to increase losses :)

As said above, you can have two because they're very low calorie but one bar has enough fibre to qualify as a B. So either way is fine.

Not that the "speed" options in the B section doesn't count towards your third speed food on the plate, these need to come from the first section of the book - most fruit and veg, basically. I wish they'd picked a different name for that, as it's very confusing for newer members!

Back