Healthy extra pitta breads

d14

So I understand you can have asda or co-op pitta breads as a healthy extra, however I live in Ireland and neither of those brands are sold here. Is there an alternative for the rest of us or would we just have to syn the pitta bread?

that really sucks! I miss pitta bread a lot

I wonder whether they need to be synned because they are too big, or because they contain fat, or because they don't have enough fibre. Because there is the possiblity that some you might be able to take off 6 syns as a HEX and just syn the remaining because they just weigh too much.

The asda and co-op ones are very unprocessed - only about four ingredients - while the others I've seen are packed with different flours, additives, preservatives and oils :(

I went to my first class last night and asked about pitta breads as Asda ones were no longer listed, only co op. My consultant said itdoesnt make too much difference as long as theyre still 60g but like you said, I don't trust say Tesco value to not be full of additives

I wonder if the weight watchers wholemeal pittas would be okay to use? I bought a packet of them thinking they would be :( Could I have one and use my heB for it and add on some extra syns? Or will I have to syn them completely...(please say no! lol)

personally, I would just use them. I have a pack of M&S wholemeal pittas that I got for 10p and I will be using those, it's hardly going to kill me.

What are the ingredients and the fibre content of the weight watchers ones? From when i emailed, if the fibre is too low, and the ingredients are more than the basic 3 or 4, they are not accepted as HEx A lot of them have a hell of a lot of oil in them, or the fibre is too low.

personally, I would just use them. I have a pack of M&S wholemeal pittas that I got for 10p and I will be using those, it's hardly going to kill me.

I had the M&S ones, thats why i emailed SW about them cos I wanted to use them up. I used them as HEx even though your not suppose to. it's the oil in them that makes them synned and not HEx, there is a lot of oil in them.

The weight watchers ones are..

• [*=center][h=3]Calories[/h]106,
    5%of your GDA

[*=center][h=3]Sugar[/h]1g,
    1%of your GDA

[*=center][h=3]Fat[/h]1g,
    1%of your GDA

[*=center][h=3]Saturates[/h]Trace,
    1%of your GDA

[*=center][h=3]Salt[/h]0.2g,
    4%

and the ingredients:
Wholemeal Flour (67%),Water ,Yeast ,Citrus Flour ,Salt ,Preservatives: Calcium Propionate, Potassium Sorbate ,Citric Acid

To many extras added in, i think if i remember right they should be just flour, water, yeast and preservative. It doesn't give a fibre content on there either. From what i can see online the fibre is 9g (but i'm not sure if they are the right pitta's or not), which would be ok, its the ingredients that let it down, if they took the extra bits out it would qualify for HEx.

thats how i think. its not going to kill you if you eat the wrong pitta bread.

i think these HEX are taken out of hand a little bit. on the bread side of things its wheat, your allowed 60g of bread. just look at the wheat content and buy a pitta thats roughly in the same ballpark figures. one pitta bread isnt going to make you put on 2 stone in an hour. just use your head and it'll be fine.

i personally stay away from bread and pittas and wraps anyway tbh unless its only once in a while because to me, bread is just a bloater in itself.

At class last night somebody mentioned Warburtons square wraps she said they were very good & only 2(?)syns each, she uses them for pizza's:D

I use WW wraps for pizzas they are 5 syns though

ClareMcC_TT said:
I didn't know u could use a pitta bread for Hexb! That's brill! Just the wholemeal one? I miss white pitta bread!

It's only certain ones that qualify tho. It use to be just asda and co-op wholemeal but I think it's just co-op now

At class last night somebody mentioned Warburtons square wraps she said they were very good & only 2(?)syns each, she uses them for pizza's:D

Where did you hear that? They're 8 syns each, not 2! They're always 1 syn per 120 calories as theres no free food.
Maybe someone's confused it and used it as a HEX plus 2 syns? But they dont qualify as a HEX anyway, so it still 8 syns :sigh:

White Squarish Wraps, 6 pack, 64g each 8

Back