• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Healthy extras..

jooloo

Silver Member
Bit random.. but I have just found out I am pregnant (at last.. horray!!!) and am sticking to slimming world for the time being at least to make sure I eat healthily..
However, I want to make sure I get my three portions of dairy a day. Normally I'd have a muller light as one portion and then with my healthy extra A i'm almost there.. but forgot to buy the yoghurts this week!!!
Anyway.. my question is, does anyone know the science behind the Hex's? I get plenty of wholemeal from pasta, rice etc so would it be a big deal on days when I'm low on syns to have two Hex A's instead of one A and one B? (I'm doing extra easy)
I don't mean everyday obviously.. just some days. I know I could relax things a bit since I'm pregnant but that's a slippery slope to kebab every night! hahaha and I want my little one to get lots of good foods :0)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! YAY!! That's so great, sounds like you've been trying for a while then!! I'm afraid I don't know the science behind it all, I just thought that we have an allowance to ensure that we're getting our calcium and fibre!! From what I hear there are lots of people following SW whilst preggers- after all it's just healthy eating and no need to pile on the weight just because you've got a bun in the oven!! I heard somewhere that you only need to take in about 200 cals more per day when preggers- I think some people use it as an excuse to eat what they want! XXXX

jooloo

Silver Member
Thanks guys! Hmmm maybe 1 Hex is enough then.. or maybe they assumer you'll eat yoghurts etc.
I've always thought 1oz of cheese/0.5 pints of milk was a portion of dairy and you were meant to have 3 portions a day!!
It's been 7 months.. so I guess not long when some ppl take years but my last was an accident (I'm living proof contraception isn't always 100% affective!!!) so I thought it'd happen instantly! Silly me lol