Healthy Extra's

NN89

Sexy Member
Hey, I'm a bit confused about these healthy extras- and trying to fit them into my diet

for example this has been my food diary from the past 2 days:

Yesterday

Breakfast:
weetabix (6.5syns) and skimmed milk

Lunch:
Jacket potatoe with cottage cheese- all free

Dinner: Chicken curry (chicken marinated in low fat natural yoghurt- 5syns and cumin spice) with onions, peppers and rice

Snack: syn free chips and mushy peas

Today
Breakfast: Banana, grapes and a muller light yoghurt- all free

Lunch: Jacket potatoe and tuna mayonaise (mayonaise from hellmans extra low fat, 1/2 a syn) with lettece and cucumber

Dinner: diet coke chicken, with syn free chips and lettece and cucumber

Syns on friday with 19.5 and today have been 10.5 (reduced them due to the mix up yesterday!)

I'm not a big milk or bread sort of person; so any ideas or tips of how I can fit them into my diet?!

I have read through your diary, but am unclear as to which plan you are following - red, green, easy or M2M?

each choice would have a slightly different impact on your hE choices ..

OK, if you are following Easy -

Yesterday

Breakfast:
weetabix (6.5syns) B choice and skimmed milk A choice - make the rest up in cuppas or make a rice pud/ egg custard or something

Lunch:
Jacket potatoe with cottage cheese- all free

Dinner: Chicken curry (chicken marinated in low fat natural yoghurt- 5syns and cumin spice) with onions, peppers and rice

Snack: syn free chips and mushy peas

Today
Breakfast: Banana, grapes and a muller light yoghurt- all freewhy not sprinkle over a B choice of museli - its not much (1oz) but makes it more filling and interesting!

Lunch: Jacket potatoe and tuna mayonaise (mayonaise from hellmans extra low fat, 1/2 a syn) with lettece and cucumber You could use a cheese choice with lunch, mixing an A choice of soft philli with your tuna, saving your mayo syns and adding the hE to the plan

Dinner: diet coke chicken, with syn free chips and lettece and cucumber

Syns on friday with 19.5 and today have been 10.5 (reduced them due to the mix up yesterday!)

I'm not a big milk or bread sort of person; so any ideas or tips of how I can fit them into my diet?!

I've just had my healthy extras for today, had a options hot chocolate with the skimmed milk and a slice of wholemeal toast before bed!

Could I theoretically have some milk and some cheese? or does it have to be one type of healthy extra?

You can have your hex a as half milk and half cheese, but you have to weigh your cheese. I often have 175ml skimmed milk and 3 laughing cow extra light as a healthy extra A, because I hate weighing things and I love laughing cow. For a hex b you can have various cereals (such as 2 weetabix, 28g bran flakes) or 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf, or 3 slices of weightwatchers brown danish.

You can have milk as a Hex a and cheese as a Hex a OR as a Hex b

Back