• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Healthy Foods!

I was just wondering what everyone classes as healthy foods? are some fattening foods better to have as they are healthy like nuts & dried fruit?

my list so far is:
oats
muesli
wholegrain/stoneground bread
eggs
organic butter (better than artificial spreads)
nuts & seeds
veg
fruit
olive oil
fish
chicken
lean meat
honey
wholemeal pasta
wholemeal rice
organic semi skimmed milk

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Today i had

Breakfast - porridge with jam
Lunch - egg & salad cream sandwich (scraoing of butter)
Dinner - chicken chow mein
Snacks - fruit (apple & banana) & some Raisins from my graze box

I agree with your list as them all being healthy, but I'm trying to lose weight so therefore I substitute some things on your list for example, I don't eat any butter or spread (but I don't eat bread either), and I use fry light instead of oil.

The only thing I'd add to it is fat free yoghurt, fromage frais and then you've probably covered everything I eat.

My menu today:
breakfast - porridge made with half semi skimmed milk and half water, with mango
lunch - baked potato with non fat cottage cheese, smoked mackerel,
dinner - slow cooked gammon joint (cooked in apple juice with cinnamon and nutmeg) with crushed new potatoes and veg, muller light yoghurt.

I've snacked on fruit (mostly to make sure I got to my 5-a-day).

I do think you need to be careful with dried fruit - it's easy to eat a lot compared with the same fruit in it's original form. I could maybe eat two or three fresh apricots as a snack but give me a bag of dried apricots and they could easily be eaten within a day, which I guess would be a lot more kcals. There is no doubt that they are a healthy food and good for you but if the aim of the game is to lose weight, I think you have to go careful.

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
morrisons do kids size bags of dried apricots, cheaper too at 39p :) 50g i think they are

only little bags but enough for a snack

Sounds about right. I'm a veggie so eat quite a bit of quorn too which is lower fat than meat and I'd say fairly healthy. I usually eat fruit, rice cakes, dried fruit and raw vegetables for snacks.