Healthy Xmas Buffet Ideas

The large plate is a Tupperware Lazy Susan, I found it on eBay a few years ago, it's so useful, everything comes off, there's two trays,one can act as lid. Three compartments and a dip bowl with lid. ' is Tupperware geek' ;)

The large plate is a Tupperware Lazy Susan, I found it on eBay a few years ago, it's so useful, everything comes off, there's two trays,one can act as lid. Three compartments and a dip bowl with lid. ' is Tupperware geek' ;)

Its fab, I want one! Bring back the 80's! I want Tupperware Parties :D

So do I! My mum used to go to Tupperware parties when we were little but since I've been a "grown up" they don't do them anymore boo hoo

I love this thread - it's helping to change my mind-set from 'How much will I gain over Christmas?' to 'Ooooh, I want to make that, and that, and that - must make loads of low syn/no syn snacks for Christmas!'

This is a goooooood change! :)

The skimming world Christmas book is lovely. But there are a few syns, life seems so much easier making syn free.

I love tupperwear too much! X

Had this cake at taster day today. Omg it's gorgeous!

1.5 syns per slice,it was about the size of a piece of soreen. It will be lovely at Xmas instead of syn laden cake!

Fruit cake
1.5 syn per slice

1 lb mixed fruit. Soak n half pint cold tea for two hours
6 oz wholemeal sr flour
1tsp baking powder
1 beaten egg

Mix alternately flour and eggs
Into fruit mix,
Put in greased 2 lb loaf tin
Bake for 1.5 hours 140

1.5 syns per slice,it was about the size of a piece of soreen. It will be lovely at Xmas instead of syn laden cake!

Fruit cake
1.5 syn per slice

6 oz wholemeal sr flour
1tsp baking powder
1 beaten egg

Into fruit mix,
Bake for 1.5 hours 140

Did i read on another thread that the syns in this recipe are wrong (much higher????)

Did i read on another thread that the syns in this recipe are wrong (much higher????)

Fruit cake
1.5 syn per slice

1 lb mixed fruit = 64 syns
6 oz wholemeal sr flour = 27 syns
1tsp baking powder = 0.5 syns
1 beaten egg = Free

Total: 91.5 syns

So it would have to make 61 slices to be 1.5 syns a slice which I think is pretty unlikely :confused:

Sorry I forgot to amend this post last night,I corrected the one I started. Yes I've emailed my Con last night after sitting and working out syns I'm gutted. But I never saw the baking lady. Shes morning group, I'm later , I'm gutted lol :(

Sorry I forgot to amend this post last night,I corrected the one I started. Yes I've emailed my Con last night after sitting and working out syns I'm gutted. But I never saw the baking lady. Shes morning group, I'm later , I'm gutted lol :(

Ah right, hadn't seen the other thread, found it now :)

Ooh what a qood idea! Quail scotch eggs!

*Adds to list* :)

What about pizza slices? :)

I usually make my pizza with Weight Watchers tortilla wraps (5 syns each). Top with passatta, your favourite toppings and a HexA allowance of cheese. Bake in the oven for around about 10 minutes, or until the cheese looks nice and melted :drool:

Some of my favourite toppings are:
- Chicken and Sweetcorn
- Red Peppers, Red Onion, Tomato and Sweetcorn
- Ham and Pineapple

You could simply cut the 'pizza' into bite sized servings and voi la!

I have heard people also use Warburtons square bread/flatbread things for their pizza base. Heard these are nice too, but not sure of Syn value, sorry!

What about pizza slices? :)

I usually make my pizza with Weight Watchers tortilla wraps (5 syns each). Top with passatta, your favourite toppings and a HexA allowance of cheese. Bake in the oven for around about 10 minutes, or until the cheese looks nice and melted :drool:

Some of my favourite toppings are:
- Chicken and Sweetcorn
- Red Peppers, Red Onion, Tomato and Sweetcorn
- Ham and Pineapple

You could simply cut the 'pizza' into bite sized servings and voi la!

I have heard people also use Warburtons square bread/flatbread things for their pizza base. Heard these are nice too, but not sure of Syn value, sorry!

Oops, hadn't realised Chun-ky had already suggested smash/pitta garlic breads and pizzas. I suppose this is just another alternative :)

Fruit cake
1.5 syn per slice

6 oz wholemeal sr flour
1tsp baking powder
1 beaten egg

Into fruit mix,
Bake for 1.5 hours 140

i've got a taster at class next the whole cake thanks x

just seen the other posts about the cake thought it was too good to be true boo hoo x

Stuffed peppadews!

I get those pickled Peppadews peppers.

Finely chop 1/4 - a 1/2 of a smallish onion (depends on how much onion you like), grate 47g low fat cheese on the smaller holes on your grater, and mix lot together with tbspn of VLF mayo. Stuff peppers - 1 HEA (or 6 syns) plus half a syn for the mayo. Should make about 10-12!

I'm going to try it out with 1 HEA of philly light, some chopped onions and maybe a bit of garlic blitzed together till smooth and stuffed in! I reckon that would make more :)

Back