heart rate moniter watches

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
how amazing are these little things?!

i got mine cheap today in asda, only £19.99.

tried it out in the gym and my body pump class and i burned more calories than i thought i had, 1164! :D

i love my hrt, its the best exercise buddy anyone could have. It gives me the motivation to exercise for longer when if it was a person telling me to push myself more i would be more inclined to throw them off a cliff :)

1164? In a body pump class?

The only reason I say that is that the most I have ever burn is 684 Kcals for an hour(Checking with the Polar FT4), with 30 kilos on bar for squats plus a lot of surplus of body weight. 1164 is a great amount however well done you, the weight you have on the bar most be amazing!!

1164? In a body pump class?

The only reason I say that is that the most I have ever burn is 684 Kcals for an hour(Checking with the Polar FT4), with 30 kilos on bar for squats plus a lot of surplus of body weight. 1164 is a great amount however well done you, the weight you have on the bar most be amazing!!

with an extra hour on the cross trainer, and a little walking about :)

today was just spinning and body combat, total burned came to 1483. i put alot of effort into combat ^_^

i love my polar watch! can't get better :) did 45 mins of zumba teaching last thursday and burnt 461 cals.

gina_b said:
how amazing are these little things?!

i got mine cheap today in asda, only £19.99.

tried it out in the gym and my body pump class and i burned more calories than i thought i had, 1164! :D

How many!!!!
Good grief Gina I wouldn't be able to stand, walk or talk lol
Awesome

I haven't used mine since starting kbs, mine is a watch, not good when swinging lumps of metal about lol
Would be interesting to see what cals I used at class, I think the highest I ever got is 450

with an extra hour on the cross trainer, and a little walking about :)

today was just spinning and body combat, total burned came to 1483. i put alot of effort into combat ^_^

Ahh was gonna say, I have to say after doing body pump the most I ever did was an attack class which lets just say the easy options were always used lol

God I really miss Body Pump :(

body pump :) did half a class on thursday, only cause creche at the gym stops at 11.30am and the class ends at 12.00! my arms have just got back to normal now! all i did was a chest track, power lift, squat track! yikes. it's been a year since i did one almost!

if one class burned over 1000 id be so happy, dont think it would be possible!

im trying it out in body attack tommorow, the hardest class to me and the one i want to crawl out of when its finshed...

mines a watch too kron, handly little thing to have about!

pump is rather painful. i have to up my back track weight, its feeling light. im going up by 5kg

Gina
What/when do you eat to sustain you from these brutal workouts
I feel like I will keel over and get quite shaky when working out on an empty stomach, but find if I have a small something I feel bloated and heavy
Today I had a slice of toast with baked beans just over an hour before class, and could really feel it - not sure if beans was good choice in hindsight lol

looking at my food intake i dont quite think its enough, i can get through the workouts quite well but i eat alot of fruits and salads- alot of raw foods, hmm. think i need to re-think my food intake and increase it that bit more, more raw of curse, but nuts. high cals, and healthy

explains why optislim never worked for me, i was only on 1000 - 1200 cals a day, was feeling drained and lifeless on it. now know why....

Last edited:
Now I need to find out what the least quantity and best food before working out is ;)

Sorry for going off topic
I am going to dig mine out the back of the drawer and figure out where to put it as I generally have 8kg bell balancing on my wrists lol

i eat alot of fruit....

this is 3 days worth of fruit:
3 melons
box of strawberries
2 boxes of blackberries
2 boxes of grapes
5 banana's

Now I need to find out what the least quantity and best food before working out is ;)

Sorry for going off topic
I am going to dig mine out the back of the drawer and figure out where to put it as I generally have 8kg bell balancing on my wrists lol
A good question :) id like to know too x

Quick Q
Whilst i try and figure out how to wear my hrm as I cannot wear it on my wrist. At class we do 1 min sets for 5 exercises then 1 min rest. Should I be pausing the hrm on these minute rest breaks? We are normally sipping water, wiping sweaty foreheads, and grumbling about the instructor being in bootcamp mode lol

i dont pause mine at breaks, as they are just for a few seconds between and im still moving about, not like i sit down and chill for those seconds, to me it still counts
i only stop it when the final track has stopped and the cooldown has finished

I keep my HRM running until my heart rate gets below 100. If I am between exercises I walk on the spot or around the room. This keeps my heart rate up enough until the next exercise starts. :)

Ive dug it out and going to strap it to my tshirt strap. Just need to remember which buttons to use, I need glasses to read and i cant see what I am selecting lol middle button right to start, bottem left to pause is my new mantra, wont have a clue if its on til I get home :)

I didnt workout last week so wore it tonight, are you able to help me interpret the figures?

I paused (I think lol) on the 1 min rest breaks, and forgot to turn it back on for the last set (mostly floor ab work) and cool down

time 46 mins (all in fitness intensity, versus fat burn)
cals 443
average heart rate 89%
max heart rate 102% - this bit actually scared me lol

The class is a mix of cardio and strength

Back