Heart rate monitor

I got the Lloyds pharmacy heart rate monitor today with chest strap as some weeks I'm still losing weight but not wanting to. I think it's because I'm not eating enough on the days I exercise so I bought one.

Does anyone here use it and is it pretty accurate?

I do have one problem with it though. The chest strap is at the smallest size but is still too big so I'm having to hold it in place by my bra but it seems to stay put this way. Think I may tie some knots in the elastic to make it shorter.

I'm not too skinny ha ha, I'm a size 8 on top and I'm only 5ft tall so it's not that. I guess it's designed for more muscular people.

I've had two of these, and they did seem accurate, but each only lasted for a couple of months before going on the fritz, so if you suddenly get weird numbers and changing the battery doesn't sort it, you'd be as well buying/exchanging for another....keep your receipt!
I'm currently using the Kelly Holmes one, that I must confess, I mainly bought as the watch is much prettier than the Lloyds and Tesco ones lol I do like it more though, and it's been ging strong since the start of September, and I work out every day :)
As for the straps, I also find I need them at their tightest, and as I'm still a size 14, I have to wonder who on earth they're designed for?! As you are already lovely and slim, could you extend the strap, and wrap it round you twice, to ensure a snug and constant contact with your heart? Just a thought :)
Here's to a brilliant 2012!

Thanks isoonwillbeslim.

Wrapping it round twice is a great idea, I will try that.

I've only used it twice since I got it Thursday as I started feeling ill on Friday afternoon and now I have a burning swollen throat, sickness, a horrible cold and aches and shakes. Good start to the new year he he

Back