Hearty Soup recipes

Derbynanny

Gold Member
Has anyone got any hearty soup recipes.

My husband takes a large can of big soup to work for lunch every day but i am trying to wean him off these and onto home made SW soups.

So i need some tasty recipes

Thank you in advance

Teresa

There you go, give this one a try.
Its very filling

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips (I find theses too strong and use a small turnip instead or just omit all together)
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can be frozen

Enjoy

Chicken Noodle Soup

I made one the other day from one of the SW books its Chicken noodle soup, its just some poached chicken breast cut small, chicken stock, mushrooms, those thin vermicelli noodles, a little onion, a clove of garlic and some grated carrot.

It is really filling and my OH who is an engineer and so very active loved it and it kept him full at lunchtime. Hope this helps :D If you need the proper recipe let me know but soups is all about chucking things in for me then tasting it :D

I think the beany one might be 'too healthy' but may try it once and just accept it may be my lunch for a few days LOL

Chicken noodle is a great idea.

Hopefully there will be some more, i make veg soup all the time with the chuck it in theory but just don't want hubby looking for snacks because his soup was not good !

A good chicken broth with celery, carrots, onion, barley and chicken would be good n stodgy and healthy

Is barley free on plans?

Checked: yes it is, green and EE

Last edited:
Lesserme, just to say I tried the soup below yesterday and the OH has gone happily off to work today with the leftovers, and had it last night too. So thanks!

if you get the chance grab a slow cooker from asda only 7pound. they are brill. you can make up soup the night before leave it to cook, and you have a healthy lunch for the following morning.

We made Carrot Soup and goodness me it was STUNNINGLY NICE! :eek:) Nom Nom !!!

If you can get over the fact that it looks like baby food ;) x

Back