HEBs?? To eat or not to eat??

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by scrummymummy86, 7 March 2011 Social URL.

1. scrummymummy86

scrummymummy86 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(17.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Having a debate with myself regarding my HeBs today. Having a green day but have found myself so stuffed off just free foods that i really dont fancy anything else or any syns.
    I know they are important to get vital nutrients etc but im just feeling like i would be eating them for the sake of it and not because im hungry, which to be honest its the eating stuff when im not hungry which has led to my weight gain.
    What are other peoples thoughts on this??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I would say don't have them today as you feel stuffed but to make sure that you don't eat so much free food in future that you feel stuffed. The point is to stop before you get too full also to plan your free food around your Heb's.

4. scrummymummy86

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(17.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, think i need to go back to basics and start meal planning again *sigh*

5. chocaslim

chocaslim adores posting

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    arrrggghhh
    Hi im doing green as of tomorrow i suppose 1 HEB could be bread used for breakfast or lunch and cereal bars for a snack or cereal for breakfast or theres always extra cheese.
    I'm more worried about the amount of pasta or carbs il eat. not a great lover of meat and just had a fishy week so quorn or without suits me fine plus an extre HEB will be fab.

6. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you are stuffed then don't eat it. No point in forcing yourself to eat something when you aren't hungry.

I did a red day yesterday and at the end of the day still had a HeB left over.

Some people say that if you don't have your full Healthy Extra then you have to syn what you did have (And Slimming World themselves will not confirm or refute this) - but I don't syn it, and it works out fine for me :)

7. RegField

RegField Silver Member

The Healthy Extras are there to make sure we get appropriate amounts of calcium, fat and fibre. Missing them out occasionally won't do much harm, especially if you are getting those nutrients from other foods.

But you will regret it in later life if you don't get enough calcium!

8. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    I'd say it's fine to do this occasionally but not every day. I find I can always make room for a chocolate hifi bar though hehe.

9. ruthiebusybee

ruthiebusybee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I totally agree, not good to get into the habit of forcing yourself to eat extra. Once is a while is okay I'm sure.

What did you decide in the end?

10. scrummymummy86

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(17.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Didn't end up having them!
    Just didn't want to get back into the habit of eating for the sake of it, even though past reasons were different.
    Have planned meals better the past couple of days to incorporate them, don't think skipping them the once would have too much of an adverse effect x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.