Hedgemags Dieting History & Diary. A New Life Ahead .......

This week has been a bit tough, not only with the diet but as many of you know, My friend Colin who's 77 years young was rushed into hospital by ambulance on Tuesday morning. I was at the hopital all day and was starving, I had no bars or tetras with me as we left in a hurry. I had to have a roll and snack from the canteen. I think I would have keeled over if I hadnt had something.

He was put into ICU and is still there. I have been at the hospital every day as well as looking after his home and little dog. managed to SS up to Tuesday and will try and get going again this weekend. It look as though Colin may be moved to a normal ward in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed, when I saw him yesterday he was so much better. He still waiting on some test results they should be back today or tomorrow.

Once he is on the ward the visiting times are more structured whereas in ICU you can visit 24/7. I should be able to get back into some sort of routine. Which will be a lot easier to manage.

Although I have had all this to contend with I have managed to lost 2lbs. So I am very pleased with that.

I will get the rest of this weight shiffted if it kills me, at this rate it probably will. Life sure is trying at times.

But I will be back on the wagon properly from Sunday. I want to lost at least 3lbs next week and will do my upmost to do just that.

Wish me luck

HM
xx

p.s. I must say to all of you, many, many thank for all the kind words and good wishes for Colin. I have passed them on. He is really chuffed that strangers are caring about him. So THANK YOU ALL xxxx

I have made a decision:-

Not to weigh for a whole month, The scales can set the mood for the day. I am going to try it this way, if I dont have to worry about what the scales say and just listen to my clothes perhaps I will be able to stick with it.

If anyone see's me getting near them scales, kick me hard! :eek:

Tomorrow will be another restart (how many is that now?:confused:) I want this to be the final one. :eek:

Fingers crossed

HM

Hi Maggie

I am restarting tomorrow, can't seem to get my head into it at the mo. Struggle when I get home. I am good at work drinking the water and sticking to my shakes etc but get home and sabotage happens. I graze, not big stuff but enough to make me fail at ssing. Tomorrow is a better day and we will do it. Big hugs to you, speak tomorrow

Hi Maggie

I am restarting tomorrow, can't seem to get my head into it at the mo. Struggle when I get home. I am good at work drinking the water and sticking to my shakes etc but get home and sabotage happens. I graze, not big stuff but enough to make me fail at ssing. Tomorrow is a better day and we will do it. Big hugs to you, speak tomorrow

Lovely to see you BB, we will succeed !!!

Come on Maggie - you told me keep away from the dreaded scales, I have and its been best thing I could have done.... I cant throw them away - I'm not ready for that but I no longer care about them... Specially after STBG Ann's thread this morning.
Sending you a big hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Come on Maggie - you told me keep away from the dreaded scales, I have and its been best thing I could have done.... I cant throw them away - I'm not ready for that but I no longer care about them... Specially after STBG Ann's thread this morning.
Sending you a big hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hunni X

I'm better at giving advice to others but when it comes down to taking my own I stumble big time. This time I will take notice of me!

you can do it magster, right behind you xxxx

Thinking of you Maggie - You WILL do it I'm sure, you have the determination to succeed and the plan about the scales is a great one. I know it sets my mood for the day if I'm up or haven't lost.
Go for it girl and you will get there very soon. We're all behind you giving you a huge shove!lol
TAnsyx:)

2nd day in and still doing ok
3 litres water 3 coffees 4 GT's and my 3 packs.

Think tomorrow will be the tough day, I usually get a stonking headache. I will take some pills when I go to bed and see if I can prevent it arriving.

You're doing great Maggie, right behind you hun xxxx

Thought I had better update my Diary, I keep forgetting to do it.

Well my restart has been going really well. I have even surprised myself :rolleyes:. I did have a meal on Friday night but it was just some seafood and a bit of salad..stuck to water mostly just had 1 diet coke as I couldnt get zero. And got straight back on SS+ ever since.

I know I am losing because my jeans have loosened up which is a good sign. Still not weighing...will weigh at the end of the month.

Not doing very much today, Hubby has gone away until Wednesday :p so I have the whole place to myself :D.

While the cats away Maggie will play :eek:. Scrabble that is! I can stay on facebook all night if I want to without any 'LOOKS'....(I sound like a rebellious child)

My poor old friend Colin has had a bit of a set back, he had a bad fall in the hospital on Saturday :eek:, smaked his face on the concrete floor. He has stitches in his brow and had taken the skin off the top of his nose. Silly man was trying to get to the toilet and instead of asking for help, he went on his own. But he never reached there. So he looks as though he has gone 3 rounds with Frank Tyson:D (which is funny cos Colin is the spitting image of Henry cooper..)

Anyway it is Monday morning and I am ready to tackle the week...

HM
xx

Back