Hedgemags Dieting History & Diary. A New Life Ahead .......

Hope the bday party went ok HM and that you managed to be good.

I have only just found this diary and have to agree with ahwt everyone else has said before me - - it could be me writing - especially with the way you spent your money when you first started work - did EXACTLY the same - my idea of a meal was a sandwich, some crisps , a donut, a milky coffee and some chocolate!

Thanks for starting this - i shall be back to read often
x

My evening was very nice, FIL went to London with OH and SIL, they took him on the London eye...said it was fantastic. The weather was brilliant so they could see for miles and miles. I don't like heights so I stayed at home......after listening to the're story last night I wish I had given it a try now :sigh:. Hubby did say that he would take me another time...YaY!

The meal last night was good, I had Duck (no salmon, only fried fish) with some green beans, cut all the skin off and left the new potatoes. but I did have a small WHOOPS!! when the desserts came round, I could not resist the apple crumble....it was only a small peice (I know!!!!;)). Drank 1 1/2 litres of water, so hopefully not too much damage done.
Finish off with 2 cups of green tea.

Back on the Wagon properly today....

1 litre and 1 green tea down already.

Weather started off very wet and grey, now the sun is shining...It can't make up it's mind. Think I might pop into town quickly before the heavens open again.

Looking back on this diary, I can see that I have always used food as a emotional tool, for treats, any excuse really. What I am trying to do now is Think before I eat.....any treat has to be non food related ie: Nails done, hair, even a bunch of flowers anything other than food.

When we are young what happens usually is that sweets are used as a reward. ''If you're good you can have a sweetie''. ''If you are good today you can have some chocolate''.

Why can we not treat with maybe a trip to cinema or even the park. Take some bread and feed the ducks....anything so that the little person dosn't make the link between sweets, crisps etc. being for good behavior.

Right with that thought I am off to town.....think I will get myself some flowers, the office needs brightening up..:D

Take care peeps

HM

Morning Maggie

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your evening. It sounds like a nice meal, never mind about the apple crumble, I bet it was that calorie free version so a tiny bit wouldn't hurt ;)

I've bought some green tea and had a cup last night and just got another one on the go now. I think I like it! I'm not quite sure yet but I heard it takes a bit of getting used to. It's definitely refreshing!

Hope you have a great day. Good for you treating yourself with some flowers for the office :D

Friday 23rd November 2007 (pledges)

Hi guys

Yesterday was a good day, started off pi**ing down with rain but did brighten up later.

I always feel low when the weather is dull and grey, I suffer with SAD every year. Usually from beginning of November through to the end of February....and this when my demons come out in full force.

I have always fed the demons without too much trouble but this year is going to be different. I WILL NOT give in to the little sabotaging monsters! I have decided to follow all the CD plans all the way to the end which should, working it out very roughly take me up to the end of January (will have a day off for Chrismas but will be carb free). Then I will stay with the 1500 plan until March.

I also intend to use the CD products as a maintenance tool, I will always carry a bar with me at all times...just in case. I will not buy Chocolate everytime I fill up with petrol.

I will continue to drink Green Tea, to help with my metabolism and drink plenty of water too.

Right think that's enough to think about for today!

Hubby had to do an airport run late yesterday so I was on my own all day until 8 last night....thank god for Mini's and facebook. I spent my time on the net to stay away from the kitchen. These are the times when I could pick. I had also made hubby a parmesan and sun dried tomato loaf...and the smell was torture. On my desk I had a can of coke zero, 2 bottles of water and a CD bar...all to hand so I didn't have to venture into the fridge.

But got through another day.....................roll on weighin. After last weekend blip and the apple crumble I'm not holding out much hope for a mega loss, just anything would be good.

Enough waffling.............gonna make another green tea and answer some emails..

Have a great day folks..

Saturday 24th November 2007

Had my weighin this morning and I stayed the same. Should be happy with that after my Large blip last weekend and the meal out on Wedensday, TOTM too.:sigh:

But I'm a bit peeded off about it. Really want to get back into the 10st's....just can't seem to get below 11 at the mo.:sigh:

I will stick with it although my little food demons are lurking...they can be so strong. Why can't I just kill the little bu*gers off. They keep coming back................must ignore them..!!!!! I'm really having a problem getting through the water too, can manage 3 litres. I have been having more green tea and hot drinks as it is so cold. Will go and have a hot shake soon.

I have 2 clients this afternoon, I love being a CDC have met some lovely people over the past year. I have 4 ladies well into their maintenance and are looking fab. It is so satisfying when they lose weight week after week. They are so happy. It's great.
Really need to keep this weight off to set an example to clients, there's no good me getting bigger and bigger when I'm trying to support them in losing their weight. Maybe this is an added pressure that the little demons have cottoned on too.:rolleyes:

Right off to put the kettle on......................may pop back later...

HM

Ah HM u know about the trouble i had getting below 11st, and its only cos of u and the others on minis that i stuck with it and managed it! so keep focused and determined and ull do it. and we will b here to celebrate with u when u do. xx

Monday 26th November

Sorry I didn't get round to posting in here yesterday...I got involved with 8 games of Scrabble on Facebook ;)...This keeps my brain active and also away from the kitchen. :D

Sunday was a good day diet wise, I hopped on the scales (I know, and I don'y usually do it) and I am finally in the 10's :D. So happy now that the end is in sight.

I stuck to my 2 shakes and a bar, 4 litres of water and 5 green teas. Oh and a can of coke zero. Still as positive, I will shift this last bit by Christmas.

I am away up to Sheffield on Friday and staying over into Saturday. Planning to meet up with Nikki (spooky) for a coffee in the morning. Really looking forward to that. We talk all the time on msn and I feel that I really know her already. Will try and get some pics! :eek:
We will be going to the football in the afternoon and then travell back Sat evening.

I will take packs and bars with me so will be able to stay on SS whilst I am away. We will be staying with a friend in Sheffield and he knows I am dieting so will only prepare a meal for hubby and himself. He always buys in loads of bottled water for me. I don't like drinking tap water.

Started well today, the sun is shining and I have had 1 green tea and a bottle of water so far. Ist shake is never before 1pm.

Have a great day all, may pop in here again later.

HM
xx

Hi there - been reading your diary and jsut to say, you go girl! Your so injspiring, i hope you have a wonderful week and weekend

Keep posting Maggie, I can relate to your journey - I am too scared to do a diary as it would mean admitting too many things to strangers and I think at this point in my journey I need to speak from the back of the room rather than infront of the crowd if you get my drift:)

Have been a bit slack in the diary writing...

Just a quick update...................

Finished last week with a 4lb loss so very happy with that. Sure it must be the green tea :rolleyes:.

I went up to Sheffield on Friday afternoon, as I wanted to stay on CD I took all my Tetras and bars with me. We stayed with a friend and I could put my briks in his freezer...Friday evening OH and Friend devoured a Indian take a way :eek:...I had my water, green tea and a bar...<<<<<gives halo a quick polish>>>>>.

Saturday Morning was really exciting as I had planned to meet Nicky (Spooky) from Mini's and her family. We arrived at the shopping Mall at 10 am and They were all there waiting for us, Hugs all round. What a lovely family. We had a wander round the shops and went for a cuppa.
By 12 I think me and Nicky were knackered ;), it was getting very busy with Christmas shoppers and it got very hot in there. We had a last cuppa and said our goodbyes, hope to do it all again soon. The 2 girls are adorable and very well behaved considering we were dragging them around the shops.

After leaving the Mall we went to a pub for a quick drink (coffee for me) before going off the watch the footie....We won 1-2 :D. Makes a change at the mo.

Had to get back to our friends to pick up our car which had trouble starting...they tried to get it going but ended up getting the RAC out. They were there within 40 mins which we thought very good. Got it going in a couple of mins and we were on our way home.

It was a lovely week-end alround. We got home at 10:30 and collapsed into bed..

Diet wise I am sticking with SS for another week and then will start AAMW and moving up the plans. Would like to get another 5-7 lbs off and then TRY this time to maintain.

Roll on 2008..............I will be slim all the year and beyond :cool:

Pics from the week-end

Thought you would like to see some pics that we took at the weekend. The lovely Nicky and the girls Hannah and Victoria..

PC010016.jpg

MeNickyHannahandVictoria.jpg

We all had a fabby time.........

Hi Shaza

I went up to Sheffield and Met Nicky (spooky) at Meadowhall shopping Mall. They are her two girls Hannah and Victoria. They are georgeous and we had a lovely time together.

A bit slack in the Diary writing but not alot to write about this week.

Had a good week diet wise and SSed fine until Saturday!!

My DH football team was playing away to Cardiff so he had tickets for the match. I decided to go along with him to maybe get some Retail therapy in before the game.

Started off from home at 6am took tetras and bars with me, so I did go prepared. We stopped at the services on the way and I resisited the breakfast and had my water.

Arrived in Cardiff around 10:30 and headed for the town centre and somewhere to park. We eventually parked up down a side turning about 15 mins walk from town. It was piss*ng with rain and cold and very windy. By the time we got to the cover of the shops I was getting really cheesed off. Everywhere was packed and getting around was a nightmare...getting more fed up by the minute. Decided to give the town up as a bad idea.

DH wanted to get some lunch so we found a pub outside the town and that is when all my good intentions went to pot..

I had realised that I had left my food in the parked car and it was too far to walk back and get it. Thought I would look at the menu and try and go for damage limitation!!!

I started for a tradional Welsh soup which was full of Vegetables and loads of carbs :eek:
I then chose a Veggie Curry with rice and flat bread, more carbs :eek:
Decided I was very full and I did'nt need a dessert,..but ended up have a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream WHY!!!! I didn't need it and didn't really want it but ate it anyway..
Ended the meal with a coffee.

So my willpower I took with me to Cardiff got lost on route from town to the pub.

My the time we had finished the meal the rain had stopped which was good as we still had quite a walk to the football ground. Needed to try and walk my lunch off.
The day went from bad to worst........................

We lost the football 4-1 and it had started to rain again. I was now wet cold and thoroughly fed up. So decided to eat a pack of yogurt cashew nuts. :eek: Didn't make me feel any better, infact I was getting really annoyed with myself. :mad:

We had a long walk back to where we had left the car, perhaps that was a good thing as I was bound to be using up calories!

Once we were on our way home I started to recap on the stuff I had eaten during the day...... opened a coke zero and also had some water. It is as if I drank it would make it all ok :rolleyes:.

We did have one stop on the way home for a coffee and a slice of carrot carrot cake :eek:.I KNOW!!!!! It's the same old story "I've screwed up so I may as well finish the day off ".

So today is a restart to lose the last 1/2 stone by Christmas. I did have a sneaky weigh this morning and I have put on 4lbs ffs! :eek: So must lose that now + 1/2 stone.

Why do we have to make the journey so damm hard?

I will SS this week 100% and then move to AAMW and up wards...to the end! Hopefully!

oh maggie. You know IM going to tell you not to beat yourself up. The important thing is getting straight back on the wagon, before one bad day turns into a bad week, then before you know it, its christmas and you could make the mistake of saying stuff it then - I'll restart in January.

You know that the 4lb will be water so that will be off again in a day or two. You can get the other 1/2 stone off by the end of the year if you are really good.

How you doing today so far?

Back