Helen's quest for good health!

Ginlin I've just noticed the dog in your photo, is it yours? X

Yes it is, he's an English Springer Spaniel called Bertie.
He was a puppy in that photo, and is three now, but it's my favourite photo of the both of us x

He is gorgeous and what a great name, we are talking about getting a dog in the future but want to do it properly, taking time off work when it's a puppy and doing the training properly.. However watching Marley & Me last week made me realise we're not ready to be "parents" yet!!

Thanks, he is a beauty, but just as well, because he is also a home and garden destroyer!....lol

Right as I was back on track yesterday I'm now up and ready to go to the gym (exhausted through), so here's yesterday's diary:

Sunday 24th July (Late shift)

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: jacket potato, prawns, seafood sauce (2.0), lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, tomato, cucumber

Dinner: spaghetti Bolognaise (2.0), 28g parmesan cheese (HEA) (superfree within sauce - tomatoes, onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic, passata)

Snacks:
Alpen light (HEB)
Apple, nectarine, pineapple, melon, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries

Total syns: 4.0

One year in my new job today (if you can still call it new!), been hectic though and got home so late last night after my Late shift that didn't have time to chop up salad so only superfree with lunch today is mushroom but had to grab lunch out of freezer.

Monday 25th July (Late shift)

Lunch: 5x black pepper ryvita (HEB + 2.0)
5x dairylea light (HEA)
Tomatoes

Dinner: spicy sausage & bean stew (6.5)
Jacket potato
(superfree in stew - tomatoes, celery, peppers, mushrooms)

Snacks:
Apple, nectarines, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, melon, pineapple
Slice of ham

Total: 8.5

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio / 30 minutes strength

Tuesday 26th July (Early shift)

Breakfast: magic porridge (HEB)

Lunch: bacon & mushroom risotto

Dinner:
Spicy sausage & bean stew (6.5)
Potato wedges,
28g sweet chilli philidelphia (2.0)

Snacks:
Nectarine, pineapple, melon, grapes, blueberries, strawberries
2x slices ham

Total syns: 8.5

Exercise: 5 mins handy trim

Last edited:
Hannah I might be coming to your group in a couple of weeks time as I'm a Late on a Thursday, I'm always so nervous when I go to a different group, I'll look out for you or let you know I'm coming x

Just found out my Grandad has cancer, it's skin cancer which apparently is a good one to have as it's treatable, is that true? I hope so.

He's my last surviving grandparent and I don't want to lose him x

Thought I better get my arse in gear and update, I put on a 1lb this week! I knew I'd been bad at the weekend but I'd stuck to plan 100% from Sunday through to Thursday so thought I might have STS or even lost, all I can think is possibly because I'd just come on my * week although that doesn't seem to usually prevent me from losing and also I ate at the same time I usually do but weighed 4 hours earlier so that might have made a difference.. Anyway all excuses!

Went out for a curry with some ex colleagues last night, some I hadn't seen for a year and they noticed I'd lost weight.. But I shrugged it off.. Oops!

Wednesday 27th July (Early shift)

Breakfast: bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans

Lunch: chicken salad, 2tbsp salad cream (2.0)

Dinner:
Potato wedges, baked beans, 28g cheese (HEA)

Total: 2.0 syns

Thursday 28th July (Early shift)

Breakfast:
2x alpen light (HEB), yogurt

Lunch:
Chicken salad, 2tbsp salad cream (2.0)

Dinner: curry & drinks (?syns)

Total: ? Syns

Friday 29th July (Late shift)

Lunch: jacket potato, cheese (HEA) & beans

Dinner:
Jambalaya (4.5)

Snacks:
Nectarine, pineapple, melon, grapes

Total: 4.5 syns

I really seem to have lost the plot! The weekend was a disaster, went to a county fair on Saturday, great fun but was eating samples that I really didn't need but at least I didn't buy anything, my naughtiness carried on to Sunday.. And then Monday!

I am cross with myself but didn't know how to stop, my old ways were slipping back in but back at work today and need to get in the zone again.

Had a big lunch today, it was lovely and sat in garden with husband before I had to go to work.

Tuesday 2nd August (Late shift)

Breakfast: melon

Lunch: spicy chicken drumsticks, potato wedges, beans, coleslaw (white & red cabbage, carrot, mayo 1.0)

Dinner: jacket potato, prawns & crabsticks, seafood sauce (1.0), salad

Snacks: melon, grapes, apple, peach
Fibre plus bar (HEB)
Scone (8.0)
Hot chocolate (HEA + 3.5)

Total syns: 13.5

I really didn't need the scone I had, hubby had bought them and had a cream tea with his mum earlier but I just couldn't resist! Mmm it was yummy

Last edited:
Stay focused! Stay focused! I know I can do this.. Mind you that scone in the kitchen keeps calling my name.. Told hubby he's got to hurry up and eat it!

Just getting ready for work, it's so sticky though, I always get there looking like a mess.

Wednesday 3rd August (Late shift)

Breakfast:
3x black pepper ryvita (HEB)
3x dairylea light triangles (1/2 HEA)
Tomatoes

Lunch:
Jacket potato, prawns & crabsticks (1.0), salad

Dinner:
Lemon & garlic roasted chicken and vegetables

Snacks:
Banana, apple, melon, peach, grapes
Oaty bar (6.0)
4x mikado sticks (2.0)

Total syns: 9.0

Mmm I forgot how good the veg & chicken bake is, haven't made it for ages, makes me wonder why I end up eating crap when food that tastes this good is free!

Last edited:
Wasn't able to weigh Thursday as I was a Late shift, just want to know if I've shifted that 1lb I put on last week, I was quite bad at weekend but good since.. Oh well only another week to wait and see!

Thursday 4th August (Late shift)

Breakfast: melon

Lunch: jacket potato, cheese (HEA), beans

Dinner: salmon (honey 1.0), cous cous (0.5), roasted vegetables

Snacks: melon, grapes, peach, banana, apple
2x slice of ham
Fibre plus bar (HEB)

Total syns: 1.5

Friday 5th August (Late shift)

Breakfast:
Bacon sarnie (HEB + 1.0 tomato ketchup)

Lunch: falafel, pitta bread (6.0), salad

Dinner: salmon (honey 1.0), cous cous (0.5), roasted vegetables

Snacks:
FF yogurt
Melon, peach, grapes
2x slices ham

Last edited:
Went blackberry picking in my lunch break at work, yummy

Saturday 6th August (Early shift)

Breakfast:
Melon, grapes, peach, vanilla FF yogurt

Lunch:
Pitta bread (HEB), falafel, salad, 1tbsp salad cream (1.0)

Dinner:
Homemade burger, 2x cheese slice (HEA), wholemeal roll (6.0), tomato, lettuce, gherkins, potato wedges, 3tbsp ketchup (1.5)

Snacks:
Blackberries

Sunday 7th August (Double shift)

Breakfast:
magic porridge (HEB),
blackberries

Lunch:
Homemade burger,
pitta bread (6.0),
cheese slice (1/2 HEA),
salad,
1tbsp ketchup (0.5)

Snacks:
Melon, grapes, peach, blackberries
Plums x2

Oh god I want fish and chips! Normally turn down food in the office, someone's Birthday, there is chocolate cake, crisps, sweets etc. I've ignored them all day, now someones gone and got fish and chips and the smell is divine!

I was tempted to one chip but now I want more and they keep shoving them under my nose aaaaahhh!

I want fish and chips! Someone in the office has some and they smell so good.. Was tempted by one chip and now I want more! X

Did you manage to survive the fish and chips craving? How is everything else going?

I had completely lost the plot, putting that 1lb on made me feel so crap and I just haven't been able to get my head around SW since, it was almost as if I was so close to getting my 2.5st award that I just thought, I'm never going to get it anyway so why bother.

I'd decide to stick to the diet for a day and then go off the rails again, have had trips out and eaten fish & chips etc.

Had absolutely no energy to do any exercise, and I think I actually feel worse as was feeling so good when was doing lots more.

Have stopped menu planning and just grab things and make the wrong choices and haven't been writing down what I eat and get easily swayed.

I am so disappointed in myself but have realised that if I want to do this for me then I need to get back on track.. I do need a kick up the bum though as I don't feel I have the willpower any longer but this morning hubby said let's go for a run, I really didn't want to get up and then when I did I actually enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Thanks Hannah, as usual, you always come along when I need it!

Lost 1 1/2lb at weigh in last night which I was really surprised about, so although I haven't been writing things down I obviously wasn't being as bad as I thought I'd been and the few naughty bits here and there were ok.

Need a 1lb loss this week to get my 2.5 stone award and into my 14's, just been invited out tonight on a big drinking session but actually think I might not go as really want to do this and out tomorrow night as well, said I'd let them know but swaying more towards the no x

Feeling good about myself today, haven't meal planned yet but have decided not to go out tonight and I will get down to it.

Friday 26th August (OFF)

Breakfast: none (didn't feel brilliant this morning as this weeks shifts have exhausted me so lied in and played with my new iPad!)

Lunch: BLT (bread HEB + 2tbsp el mayo 1.0)

Dinner:
potato wedges, sweet chilli baked beans, 70g reduced fat cheddar (42g HEA + 4.0)

Snacks: roast chicken slices

Drinks:
lemon squash
Pepsi max

Total syns: 5.0

Dinner was really stodgy and massive and just what I needed!

Attachments

• image-1060257295.jpg
    image-1060257295.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back