Helen's quest for good health!

It's nice to have a weekend off for a change, had a nice relaxing ish day, went to Tesco and thanked god that I don't usually go on a Saturday as it was hell! Have attempted to make a meringue for tomorrow as got parents coming over... It hasn't risen, oops! Might have to have flat pavlova with fruit, don't know what we did wrong.

Out for a curry tonight and got to decide what to have to stay on plan (that's the intention!)

Saturday 27th August (OFF)

Breakfast: BLT (bread HEB + 2tbsp el mayo 1.0)

Lunch: chicken salad (2tbsp el salad cream 2.0)

Dinner: 2x poppadom (8.0), prawn bhuna (?), 1/2 mushroom rice (?), 2 spoons mateer panner (?), 1 bottle koppaberg

Snacks: apple

Good job kept syns down during the day as even though I'd gone with good intentions at the curry house I did end up having a drink and mushroom rice instead of boiled, I know I went over syns but will be back on track in the morning. Also even though our friends had popcorn I avoided it and just had a drink.

Last edited:
Nice job getting back on track and losing the 1.5lbs!

Had a really lovely day with mum and dad yesterday, was cooking a fairly SW friendly meal but ended up having a few nibbles of crisps and nuts whilst we were doing jobs and a few cadburys roses after, the crisps etc are still open and in the kitchen but I won't touch them today, I'll stick to plan and then hopefully not too much damage done on Thursday.

Sunday 28th August (OFF)

Breakfast:
2x wholemeal toast (HEB), 56g Philadelphia (4.0)

Lunch/Dinner:
Lamb steaks, roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes, tomato salad (1tbsp olive oil 6.0 - used to marinate lamb and on tomato salad)
Eton mess - was supposed to be pavlova but got stuck! (10.0?)
5x crackers (5.0), 28g cheddar (HEA), small bit of Roquefort (3.0?)

Snacks:
Couple of handfuls of crisps
A handful of nuts
5x cadburys roses
3x glass sholeor

Total syns: far too many!!

Bank Holiday today and I'm off to work, would have loved the morning with hubby but he's an Early shift and I'm a Late shift, oh well at least we get to see each other Friday after work (and in bed!), miss him already x

Monday 29th August (late shift)

Breakfast:
Banana & plums

Lunch: 3x black pepper ryvita (HEB), 25g sweet chilli Philadelphia (2.0), salad

Dinner: bacon, mushroom & sundried tomato pasta (2.0 sundried tomatoes)
Strawberries & raspberries, activia ff vanilla yoghurt, meringue nest (2.5)

Snacks: apple, plums

Total syns: 6.5

Last edited:
I feel so much better in myself, I really love the food I cook on SW so why do I go through times when all I want to eat is crap?!

Tuesday 30th August (Late shift)

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: bacon, mushroom and sundried tomato pasta (2.0) with salad

Dinner: baked salmon with roasted tomatoes and butternut squash (1.5)
Strawberries & raspberries, vanilla ff yoghurt, meringue nest (2.5)

Snacks: apple, nectarine, plums

Total syns: 6.0

Mmmm the salmon was from Brittmums website and was so scrummy

Went for a run this morning with hubby and really enjoyed it, I've missed doing loads of exercise but don't seem to have any time at the moment.

Wednesday 31st August (Late shift)

Breakfast:
BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch: tuna salad (1.0 salad cream)

Dinner:
Mustard beef & mushrooms (1.0), jacket potato
Raspberries, vanilla FF yoghurt, meringue nest (2.5)

Snacks:
Apple, banana

Total syns: 5.5

I'm really pleased with myself this evening, lost 3lb got my 2 1/2stone award and I'm 14stone 11.5lb's, think the last time I was in my 14's was about 8 years ago.

Thursday 1st September (Early shift)

Breakfast: magic porridge (HEB), raspberries

Lunch: tuna salad (salad cream 1.0)

Dinner: mash potato with mustard & mushroom beef (1.0)

Snacks: apple
Crab cakes x2 with mayo (4.5)

Total syns: 6.5 syns

It was a day of mixed emotions yesterday, was really upset at work due to rude people and lots of little things all building up to a climax and got teary, not what I like to do at work but as soon as someone asked if I was ok the flood gates opened however on a plus note I passed the test to renew my licence for work and also my loss last night really cheered me up so feeling good today.

Friday 2nd September (Early shift)

Breakfast: magic porridge (HEB)

Lunch: salad with crab cakes & mayo (4.5)

Dinner: rump steak, potato wedges, prawns, cherry tomatoes, sweet chilli mayo (5.0)

Snacks: banana, apple, nectarine

Total syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Haunted house this evening.. Not quite sure what to expect!

Am sticking to the diet today even though eating Pizza Express tonight so will be off plan.

Saturday 3rd September (Early shift)

Breakfast: magic porridge (HEB)

Lunch: salad with crab cakes & mayo (4.5)

Dinner:

Snacks: grapes

Last edited:
I've had to call in sick today as hurt my back slipping over in work last night, it's quite niggly and all I want to do is eat chocolate (why?!) lol but I'm not giving in!

Loads to catch up on as haven't been on here for a few days.

Haunted House was so funny, perhaps we didn't take it seriously enough as we didn't see anything but it was such a laugh. Had pizza express first, had a lovely pizza but no alcohol and no dessert also once in Oxford castle there were free crisps and biscuits and I didn't have any even though I'd been up about 24hours and could have been easily tempted.

Sunday we went to hubby's Mum's for dinner, a roast with all the trimmings, gorgeous as usual but so many syns, followed by dessert which I didn't even need.

Although I had those 2 naughty meals I stuck to the diet during the day on both days so am hoping I've limited the damage.

Can't make weigh in tomorrow, unless I'm sick again in which case I could probably get there.

Tuesday 6th September (Late shift)

Breakfast: BLT (HEB + 1.0 mayo)

Lunch: salad with mackerel in curry sauce (0.5)

Dinner: gnocchi with blue cheese (5.0 + 1/2 HEA), salad

Snacks: grapes, yoghurt
Options drink (3.0) with coconut milk (200ml 1/2 HEA)

Total syns: 9.5 syns

Have just discovered the coconut milk and it was so gorgeous and made a really lovely and creamy hot chocolate.

Last edited:
Wednesday 7th September (sick - back)

Brunch: tiger roll (10.0), bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo (1.0)

Dinner: syn free prawn curry with rice

Snacks: 2x alpen light bars (HEB), vanilla yoghurt
Options drink (3.0), coconut milk (HEA)

Total syns: 14.0

Why did I let hubby talk me into having tiger roll? Smelt so good and to be honest tasted so good too. However that meant I couldn't have the mini naan with our curry boo hoo.

Last edited:
I weighed in yesterday and have lost 2lb so only another 3lb to go and I've lost my 3stone! Went to Doctors this morning, she thinks I landed heavily on my pelvic bone so got to take pain killers and keep active but no running or gym!

Friday 9th September (Late shift)

Breakfast: yoghurt

Lunch: sweet chilli pasta with roasted vegetables (3.0)

Dinner: BNS risotto (2.0 + HEA)

Snacks: 2x ham slices
Banana, pear, grapes, strawberries
3x pagen krisprolls (HEB) with 25g sweet chilli philadelphia (2.0)

Total syns: 7.0

Last edited:
Saturday 10th September (Late shift)

Breakfast: bacon, 2x ww sausages (1.0), baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes

Lunch: sweet chilli pasta with roasted vegetables (3.0)

Dinner: jumbalaya (4.5)

Snacks: pear, banana, nectarine
2x slices of ham
3x black pepper ryvita (HEB)
3x dairylea light triangles (HEA)

Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Sunday 11th September

Breakfast: 2x ww sausages (1.0), bacon, baked beans, tomato & mushrooms

Lunch: sweet chilli pasta (3.0)

Dinner: minted lamb shanks, SW roast potatoes, sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot

Snacks: banana
2x alpen lights (HEB)
300ml kara coconut milk (HEA) with options hot chocolate (3.0)

Total syns: 7.00

Last edited:
Going out tonight which I'm really looking forward to but I'm sure many syns will be consumed, we're meeting for cocktails during happy hour first and then onto an Italian, still want to lose this week but also want to enjoy myself.. What to do? What to do?!

Monday 12th September (Early shift)

Breakfast: magic porridge (HEB) with strawberries

Lunch: sweet chilli pasta (3.0)

Dinner:
Dinner in a Sicilian so far too many!

Snacks:
Cocktails and wine so no idea!

Last edited:
Had a really great night out in London tarnished by my journey home, once I got to Marylebone the trains were delayed and then they decided to cancel them, only train going was one to Banbury, I didn't know where it stopped but just jumped on it as doors were shutting.

I then couldn't get hold of hubby for over 1/2 hour, didn't know what was going on.

I then got off the train an hour later but no sign of hubby even though he said he was there.. He was at the wrong station! He then couldn't find the right station so I ended up walking over a mile at 12.30 at night in pitch black wearing heels to the town to try and find him, phone was almost dead..

Anyway enough of that saga, went way over on syns what with cocktails, wine and a lovely meal, then today we fancied pie so bought some light shortcrust pastry to go with the tinned stewing steak which is free. This is it worked out at 13.5 syns each, it was nice but probably not that nice!

Didn't go over syns but it was very tight.

Tuesday 13th September (OFF)

Brunch: bacon, 1x WW sausage (0.5), baked beans, tomatoes & mushrooms, 1tbsp brown sauce (1.0)

Dinner:
meat pie; tinned stewing steak, light shortcrust pastry 76g (13.5), SW roast potatoes, spring greens, red onion & garlic

Snacks: 42g reduced fat cheese
3x slices of ham

Total syns: 15.0

Last edited:
Went to Thame yesterday with hubby for a mooch around the quaint little shops.. Apart from they were setting up the fair and most of them were shut!

Ended up in a pub for lunch with all good intentions of being good as getting weighed today but there was so little choice on the menu, went for garlic prawns, they did have garlic butter but so little they weren't swimming in it and then I had to peel them so the actual prawns had very little at all so thought I'd estimate 5 syns, I then had a dip in the mayo but not even a tbsp worth and they'd what tasted like honey and mustard dressing over the salad which was yummy but not sure how many syns.

Wednesday 14th September (OFF)

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: garlic prawns (5.0), salad with dressing (2.0), slice of wholemeal bread (HEB), garlic mayonnaise (4.0)

Dinner: baked salmon with roasted butternut squash and tomatoes (1.0), sweet potato wedges

Total syns: 12.0 (estimated)

Lost 1lb today which I'm fairly pleased about as went out drinking and eating naughty food on Monday, need to aim for 2lb this week to get my 3stone.

Back