Hello again from re-starter. Day 1!

Flowey, Fobble thanks for letting me know how to find this thread! I use a computer everyday at work, one would think I would have some IT skills! Madferret thanks for that suggestion I may start a thread in due course but feelign a tad nervous and this thread seems is helpfing me immensely.

Well as for BB I can't beleive I wanted to know who won! I only watched it when I switched the TV on yet found myself wanting the watch the final! It's funny but I drawn to trash TV and magazines yet I like to think I am in intelligent woman but there is something about them (even the Jordan, Peter Andre) stuff! There is much more serious stuff going on in people's lives (you only have to read the forum to see what trials and tribulations people go through and don't even get me on the the plight of the homeless, the lack of support in education for the poor in the UK, Zimbabwe, South Korea, Burma etc. I go go on and on (bit like my CD re-starts!) The point I am making is I dont' understand why I get fascinated with these reality shows? My husaband hates them and walks out the room! hey! this is a sure fire way of distracting oneself from the though of food!

Madferret, two day down one to get through!

well done guys you are all doing so well keep up the good work and coming on here for support it really helped me in the early days xx

Madferret, where would we start one of these diaries just on the main page thread? good on the weight loss already!

Flowey totally agree it doesn't matter what paths we take so long as we get to our destination.

Kira, I feel the same as you about being an intelligent person but finding myself drawn, I guess with me its the mere fact that life is so daunting at times and can be so cruel thats its the very aspect of light entertainment gives us a path to sit back have a giggle and let the trashy stuff entertain us if we wish.... no different to the most intelligent men sitting down to watch football ( in their minds they literally believe it is their team and they are playing ON THAT FIELD virtually and if they loose the world ends lol). Its just light relief I guess...
And my hubby who drives the formula one car from his seat in the living room lol and becomes Bear Grylls and is now fully equipped to survive in the wild, actually laughs at me watching BB and says its pathetic... I'll say no more lol.

Last edited:
My DH just read my post and has informed me that its highly likely we will be lost out in the wild one day (huh??) and I will find myself eating my words as he builds us a shelter, skins a rabbbit ( and after IVe finished sulking about the poor rabbit) I will find myself hungry and eternally grateful. And I will watch him make a fire in awe. He informed me that he will do nearly all of it with his little pen knife. At this point I had to remind him that he never carries a pen knife..... so he amended it a little with his vast amount of (armchair) knowledge and has reassed his plan with ease. Now the thought of watching BB or listening with empathy to that nice Pete Andre became even more appealing lol...... hmmmm!

LOL! we could be married to the same man! My hubbie is exactly the same! Watching trash TV helps me unwind and I guess not worry about the real stuff for a short period of time in my real world and the real world out there. The analogy can be is visual version of some of the chic lit novels I've read. I'm dipping in and on the forum today has trying to distract myself with a big declutter inbetween the kids coming in and out of the house. I can't believe it is 4pm already and I have gone this many hours without wavering or thinking about food! I'm going to hold off my second shake until later, given that I dont' feel hungry. Wish I could feel like this forever - just eat because I have to but due to emotional needs, stress - the usual dilemmas. How is everyone else on this thread doing today?

Oh I love this forum. I've had a good giggle reading what I've missed!
Girls do so many things at once with their brain, watch kids, work, cook memorise shopping lists etc.. when they 'relax' it needs to be pretty mind numbing.

But also....
How clean is your house - makes you feel good about the effort you make at hom.
Super Nanny - at least my kids aren't like that!
Peter Katy - well you get jist!

We all know men are one thing at once. And lets face it, with all their survival in wild skills, it'll be us women that remember the pen knife!

Hee hee

Very true Kira, I love to escape into a book, well quite an insomniac, so I go through a few a month. And just because we have a brain, there are many sub-personalities in us.... including the peruser lol... hence BBrother, but dont feel guilty about that as they put themselves there for exhibit.. yeah you've got to laugh and lighten up, life is too serious isnt it....
Also anything that takes our minds off of food at the mo is a good thing......
Have any of you tried freezing the shakes yet? Ive put one in but forgot about it so it will have to wait until tomoz ....
Flowey, yes we most certainly do multitask and loved your ending comment about the penknife lol :D .... very apt

Thelma, its horses for courses isnt it really, I feel I have more control at mo having that little extra. Wow fair play to you loosing 4 stone already. Did you loose that on CD?

Thanks, Flobble :) Yep, lost 4 stone on CD - been SS since April (with one planned break at the end of June and then in August). I love the results you get from the diet, and for me, losing the weight is just the start of the journey. I need to get my head in the right place so that I maintain. Much as I love it, I don't want to be a continual CDer!!

x

Well won't lie, a nibbling eve last night. Now feel very bad, have let only myself down. So today the goal is to be 100% Need to get a couple of 100% days ubder my belt now if I not going to go downhill.

How about everyone else, is everyone else being good?

Read Charely's diary. Madferret was right about keeping a diary on the forum (though I'm not sure how she posts her to herself?) Charely's dairy may help so that you can stick to CD 100%. Don't beat yourself up about it just continue 100%. Remember as re-starters we usually have something in our heads that says "oh! I've cheated so I may as well have a bit more, I am useless will start again...." then the downward spiral begins we eat to comfort ourselves then feels worse! I've been up since 4.30 and read Charely's diary and it's given me a real insight into the day to day struggles others have. I do keep a handwritten diary next to my bed and write in it last thing at night which helps too. Keep yourself busy as you can today. I am still decluttering and washing etc so should keep me distracted I hope!

You are so right Kira, if one morsal - tiny - passes my lips, my head thats it you've blown it so may aswell have another piece. I'm hoping as it was 'meat' that I can easily get back on track, no I will get back on track. Just must stay away from that 1st piece!
Will read the diary, sounds good. Am keeping busy today walking around behind my 3 kids picking everything back up. How come you can never get in front of them and control the toy distribution, always behind on hands an knees!!
Will do this diet this time, really really want to get to my goal before dad's 60ith!

Made me laugh

dont know how she posts to herself..

I meant I talk to myself in my posts, the way I would a normal diary... ie how I am feeling, how my day is going and how the diet is going...

I don't expect comments, but any received are wonderful, and I read everyone of them...

It's my way of getting my head round this diet and succeeding this time..

T

LOL! Will read your diary too Tracy. I am so not IT literate. I'm a lawyer so I like to think I am intelligent (ok I know many out there would disagree!) but I'm the one that is always calling the IT department at work and when they talk me through things I just think they are speaking another language! Will check out how you are doing on your diary - hopefully I will find it!

Cheers madferret, may look in to doing one in the near future....
Thelma, well done you! do you find it gets easier the longer you stay on it? as in a habit just like the bad ones we used to have?
Flowey, your human, the mistake would be to give up, you can do it! Im sure you'll make up for it today..
Kira, where do we find Charely's diary ? still not moving around on here very well?
Well I made the mistake of freezing my choc tetra, half an hour later Im still trying to eat it lol.....

I'm being a very good girl so far today. Having my soup now with the kids lunch, no cheating and feeling very positive, got rest of today and tommorow to be really good for weigh-in Monday eve completing one week!
Think I was just bored and a bit lonely without hubby. Will not be the same tonight! Am going to use all my strength to do a whole 100% day! Are all of you with me?

Hello all, well I did it! 100% all day. Got totm today so explains alittle why yesturday wa so hard. Today has been completly different. Am so motivated and feel ok without food. I'm having my last shake now, do a wee bit of ironing and then early night with a book, i'm actually quite excited!
How are we all? Gossip?

Well today is weigh-in day so very excited, but not till later.

Sooooo hungry today and have a very noisy tummy???? Been very good though!

How about everyone else, when are your weigh-ins?

Hi all

Flowey glad your feeling so motivated, the TOTM can be such a demon......

Well had my first weigh in which didnt go the best, the CDC didnt understand the scales and firstly she told me I had lost 1st 1lb, ( I knew i hadnt due to my scales which are good) then she re weighed me and gave me a stern look telling me I had put on a lb... on the third attempt at weigh in she got it right and I had lost 8lb, think I got her on a bad day ( she misweighed my friend too) so left feeling a little deflated and anxious, a little bit if positivity or a "well done" would have been nice... but have got back on par.... hey ho !guess were all human :( and maybe she'll be in a better mood next week... but not the best start

Flobble - not the best way to hear the news ..... I'll make up for it ....

:talk017: 8lbs is amazing, oh if I get anywhere close to that!!

Well done, I know the first week can be tough, but its over now and we are well on our way to being slim.

Over 1/2 a stone, well done, ww or sw wouldn't have done that!

Back