Hello again from re-starter. Day 1!

How you feeling today Flowey? its so normal to feel like that, with all the advantages of this VLCD on of the disadvantages is the extreme discipline, which is prob why I fell off lol...... Im coping ok with the 810, but went off the rails last week and put 2lb on!!!! how bad is that, never worth it.... I want to go back on the SS shortly because theres something about "less options" that makes it easier, where as last week I went into "that one little thing wont hurt" mode and you can guess what happened...
Im hardly one to give advice this week but I do keep telling myself this is a short break in my life, and I WILL be able to enjoy everything again soon, but from a much slimmer perspective....
Your doing really well, and our head stomach will always come up and try and play games with us..... hope your feeling better today

Flobble - what a nice reply. It is my head stomach as you put it 'rearing its ugly head'. I'm not hungry at all. I think its the old me that gets a bit stressed out and busy, then my head searches for something comforting which in the past has always been food.

I feel a bit better today. Got another very busy day which should help. I got a couple of comments yesturday saying I had lost more weight so that was nice.

Flobble - I can completly understand the falling off the wagon on 810, I'm very nervous about hitting a bmi of 25 and having to do it myself. My previous experience of sticking to measured food lists (like sw or ww) has always lead to a little more than I'm aloud. I can convince myself I'm on a diet and having amneasia (?) about all the little extra's that pass my lips. The 3 shakes of ss'ing suits me as it no food at all. So it takes it out of the equation.

I don't think you should feel bad. Do the diet that works for you and one you think you can stick too. Your still looking at doing something which is sooo much better than doing nothing. Whats your plan now?

Its weird actually Flowey... Im still picking which is not doing me any good, but I think its the process of changing mindset, if that makes sense.Normally by now I would have gone into "I have failed = binge mode" but I am still as determined and not feeling guilty about my little setbacks, this time I will overcome it even if it takes weeks of learning the hard way.. Im amazed that Im still being so persisitant even if I "hiccup" . Two things that have changed is that 1: I am listening to my body for the first time ever and can actually feel the difference between the after ettects of "being naughty" and the after effects of having shakes... the difference being sluggish or energetic... which leads me onto the second thing, I have this energy that I havent had for years and am feeling really motivated... Im still in shock, I have hidden behind closed doors and been the biggest procrastinator you could imagine, and since being on the shakes I seem to have oodles of motivation and energy, even if Im not getting it quite right yet, the vitamins and minerals must be doing me good. I am morbidly obese and my diet did consist of everything unhealthy,no fruit or veg etc... so my body if nothing else this week and last is going into a sort of recovery, if that makes sense.. I cant think of any other reason for this new me.. old habits are still dying hard, but I am fighting day by day... and I will overcome it, so yes you could say Im feeling good lol... ( do I gabble or what:rolleyes: )
Well glad youve got your mindset back and are back on track, keep it up and its nice to hear your getting compliments they go a long way dont they...

How is everyone else?

Flobble - you've hit a stage in your life, where this time you will suceed. For years I've wanted to and tried to diet, but something clicked earlier this year, and although it's been tough, my motivation has been stronger.
I think you're there. The click. Even if setbacks and slips are put in your way, you are still determined to suceed. Thats why it will happen this time. I also started in morbi-obese, now I'm 21lb of goal, near the middle of the healthy bmi range.
It can be done, I didn't do it all in one go though - couldn't have, those that do are amazing, so you are right not to beat yourself up over what sound like minor slips. I slipped and am still here, and nearly there ..... there's your motivation.

Flowey, Flobble just read your posts. I'm doing ok on day 16 but hvae to say finding myself struggling. I really want to eat something. Just don't understand why? I relate to what you both have said and trying my hardest to put food out of my mind. I'm feeling low despite the fact I was so thrilled at my loss yesterday. I know by having something it won't solve me being low, it may for a few minutes but it won't because I will regret it and then I will go into binge mode to comfort myself. This is so frustrating, flowey you've done really well to get through the past few days. sorry I know I am not being very inspirational right now!! I must pull myself together!

Kira - you just wrote the same post I did a few days ago and I know exactly how you feel. Its a horrible feeling and I know (because have done the diet a few times to get this far) its the diet that makes you feel a bit low. I have bouts of it, always around week 2????

You just have to ride through it. You are so right, food will not solve the feeling. It will probably make you feel worse because you add guilt. For me, I get through it by moaning on here to my friends about how c>>p I feel right now. I take lots of baths, read books, early nights and just try everything I can think off thats comforting without the food.

My thoughts are with you, it does pass I promise, I know what you are going through. This is a big test of gritting teeth and letting your mood return naturally, or giving in to your head saying food will make everything right in the long run (it won't hun). Keep going we are all behind you.

keep going girls we are all in this together :) this forum is my lifeline when i feel i'm wobbling off the wagon, by the time i've finished reading posts the urge has passed......... we will all reach the finishing post :):)

Kira, flowey and Gemzy are so right and the important thing is to get the words "failure" and "guilty" out of our vocabulary, its a case of dealing with weak and strong days, but to keep going.. when you think of it we all have so many personal stresses in our lives so some days are easier than others and also boredom is a great destructor.... keep persevering and you will get there... 'We have a cupboard full of excuses in our heads to feed that "mind" stomach, and its just a case of changing habits.... and that takes time, most of us are so accustomed to doing exactly what you said, fall off the wagon then comfort eat.... its just breaking the chain, and if we do fall off we get back on this time,

Flobble, Flowey, Gemzy how you all doing? I am on day 19 and feeling much better about doing SS. Friday night I had an overwhelming desire to have a sandwich but my husband and son talked me out of it! It was as if the sandwich was the most desirable thing on earth at the moment in time! I am so glad I didnt as I found day 18, yesterday I lot easier and oddly enough so far so good. Just had first shake 5 minutes ago. I wasn't feeling hungry until about 20 mins ago. So, hour by hour, day be day. Let me know how you are doing.

Hello all,
How are you all doing?

Well I messed up totally over the weekend but have had a good chat with CDC this morning ( thankfully only put a lb on)
I see some of you have been struggling too..... well done on those of you that have managed to pull through the hard moments.... Kira your doing brill to ride over the tough moments!!

Flobble I have identified my danger time and have had to develop ways of dealing with those times. Getting in from work usually between 5.40- 6pm. I have to have a shake shorlty after I get in, then another an hour later. In between i switch on computer and log in to forum and inbetween see to kids (they are usually arguing at this point). Having had two shakes close together in the evening has helped yesterday and tonight. I am hoping this will work as I go on.

Back