Hello again from re-starter. Day 1!

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!
she sounds a bit off but don't let that take away from a good weight loss xx

Flobble still working my way round here too. Go on search and type in Charley24. Once you have read any threads or posted go into cp user and that will show the threads you have posted and read. I have started a diary. I am on day 7 and also completed the day!

Well evening all. Sorry I've not been around much but soooo busy this end and now my father has come out to do a mass DIY week, not sure much time I'll get to say hi then.
But on a plus side, as you can see from my ticker - I lost 9lb this week. Very very chuffed! How are we all doing today?

Flobble well done! That's a brilliant loss! How are you finding it? It's Day 8 for me and almost complete. I am off to bed early tonight (again) because despite a positive start to the day I found it harder than I thought possibly due to TOTM.

That's brilliant, Flowey! Well done you! :D

TOTM is an almight pain, Kira. Think that was my problem with the food demons on Sat. Going to bed early is a great idea - I should have done that!

Flobbie, well done on your loss too!!! Great stuff! :D What a horrible WI though! I hope it's not putting you off CD. And remember, if your CDC doesn't buck up her ideas and attitude, you can find someone else. They're supposed to support and encourage and she seems about as far from that as you can get. We're here for you!

xx

Hello ladies, well sorry I haven't been posting as much lately. We are in mad DIY mode here, it's good that I am busy but bad because I don't get to say hi as often.
Feel a bit down at the mo. because daily weigh-ins are showing no loss since my big first week. I know really I'm being stupid because it doesn't come off evenly each day, and it has happened to me before on this diet and righted itself, but still would like it to move a little soon to keep my motivation going.
Always got a pink pee stick so all should be fine.
How are you lovely ladies this eve?

Hello all,

Hope the DIY's going well Flowey! It's great when there something to distract from the munchies!

I've just posted the following on another thread and thought I'd share it here too in case it's of any use to anyone:

I've been trying to really focus on my original reasons for doing CD in the first place - I'm only halfway there so still need to remember them. And basically, I've decided that I need a 'trigger' word that I'll say to myself if I find myself reaching for anything off plan. So for me, my word is sleeveless because I want to be able to wear sleeveless tops and not worry about putting a cardi over them! I'm going to Australia at the end of Jan for a month, so it's going to be hot hot hot and there will be no need for a cardi!!!! So, not sure if this trick will work for me, but I'm going to give it a go.

What are your trigger words???

Here's to a Fab Friday!
x

Kira Im really struggling this week, not helping that I keep getting on scales and seeing no loss... I know I shouldnt but the temptation overtakes me.....how you doing now with the TOTM? Also had a bad day yesterday so grabbing onto threads today.. I wont give up !!!!!;)

Thelma,I dont think I have a word really, but I do have a list of reasons on my phone to read if feeling weak...... both me and my hubby had big health scares last year so I keep thinking that I want to "live more years with my wonderful man" as opposed to less whilst we pig out with our heads in the sands......
Im going to bring it up to CDC councellor this week I think as she also seemed to have a low tolerance level.. I know we all have our probs and maybe she was having a bad day but her mood affected mine and my friends, so maybe if shes aware....will try to be tactful lol....thanks for support.....
Flowey, you sound a bit like me this week, hold out though the loss will come up and bite us in the arse if we hold on.......

Flobble I am daily scale hopper too! However, I find it helps even if the scale doesn't move because what I don't want it for it to go up! Even it if did, if I know I am 100% doing CD I remind myself I will lose and the loss just isn't showing. For me getting through Day 1 to 8 was the hardest. TOTM made it more difficult but I have never managed to get that far on a re-start, I'd be lucky if I got to day 3!! This time round I made sure I was really busy in the evenings and at the weekend. Went for walks when I faltered, and also went to bed very early. One night I went to bed at 8pm after putting my 6 year old to bed leaving my husband and older son downstairs! So in short, keep very very busy so you have less time to let your mind think about food, and go to bed very very early! Seriously, I think tactics helps, especially when it is TOTM. One part of me want to say thank goodness it the weekend but then another knows, with the routine of work gone, CD gets trickier. So here hoping all on the forum stick to plan this weekend.

Hello all, well I'm still going. And now the scales are moving!!! I new they would, but hate seeing it stick! A gram a day would be better than nothing for my motivation lol

Still keeping busy. DIY shopping today and ended up in Mac D's for lunch with kids (treat as shopping was sooooo boring!) Had black coffee and a bar. Was ok actually. Am now on ss+ and have a small tuna salade at tea time so we all sit down together. This is easier than ss this time round but wouldn't have said that first time round!

How are you all this eve?

Hey! Flowey glad you are going strong again. I think the "plan" has to be right for you and fit in with what you do. It is really good to sit with the kids to have tea/dinner and clearly SS+ suits you better and therefore more chance of you sticking to it. Whatever diet or program is on, only sticking to it will show results. I keep saying this but I know I have failed other diet plans because I simply dont' stick to them because for one reason or another they don't fit in with me, too much counting, too difficult to understand etc. etc. CD work because it is simple whichever plan. Keep going!

HMMM, if the site is full of re starters, what is it we are all doing wrong? Haven't had time to fall off the wagon yet, just got on it. (Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

Kev - I'm a strange re-starter as I planned to do it 3 stages. My breaks were all planned and I am re-starting on my planned 3rd stage. This time the moving to maintenece will important to keep it of for good.

I think some people have so much to loose that it's very difficult to do 3 shakes a day for months, so one mouthful slip means they are a re-starter (this happens in all diets and is just a process of getting there).
Also people loose a lot and get comfortable with their new shape and maybe take a break before hitting goal. Then they come back to finish the job later (like me).
Dieting is so personal and all the things that can make people a re-starter on cd, can be true for all diets. Lots of people have sml slips and come back, that is whats strong about the person.
I hope you are able to loose all the weight in one go, if you slip one day, you may also be a re-starter, its not a bad thing as long as you can re-start (thats the hardest part!)
Good luck with lighter life and getting to goal. This site is really good for motivation.

hi and good luck flowey you have the weight lost in no time

AlexIce - thanks for dropping in and well done on your 1st weeks loss!
I am still here, 2 weeks and one day in, but I have to admit I am finding today hard. I've lost all my get up and go with the diet. I'm bored of it and although the pounds are dropping off perfect (as this diet is so good at) my head is just not with me.
I feel like if I could just have one meal off, or a little extra today, tomorrow is a new day! I'm not going though, I've done week 1 a couple of times now and one meal will just make things a lot worse not better - I know that.
I'm not going to break this now, just need my spirits lifted a bit and my vavavoom back!
Does anyone else have days like this???

Flowey, I know exactly how you feel, as I am feeling that now! It's day 14 for me today and did so well at work but when I got home and started the kids dinner that was when I thought, I want some real food! However, like you I am not going ruin all the hard work I have put into this re-start and hopefully tomorrow's weigh-in will spur me on. You've had a great loss on your week 2, don't give up now. Brush your teeth, keep busy, stay on the forum or go to bed early just get through this evening and tomorrow you'll have more resolve. It is boring but equate boring to losing weight. You won't be bored forever. I was excited when I read your post because have got past the 2 week marker and I feel I am following closely behind! It won't be long before you will get to goal. I am trying to see this as a race with myself (it's a bit easier than running beleive me!) you can win the race.

Hi Kira, well done for hitting the 2 wk marker and best of luck for your weigh-in today, please let me know how you get on!!!

Well I had an extra bar instead of my shake last night (better than a bar of choc. that was calling but still feel bad today that I had two bars in one day). I did some exercise yesturday and I'm hoping that will help cope with the second bar.

I still feel the same today though. Still desperate to get to goal and finish dieting forever but still feel it's going to be a tough day trying to stay on track. I don't know whats brought on the downer feeling about the diet I have at the moment. I'm not going to cheat and ruin it all, just need to get a bit more excited about it all. I think because I've lost so much already and have already been on the diet for many weeks, it feels like I've been on it forever and I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sorry I'm moaning again. If there is anyone out there in the same boat or has been where I am before and can give some guidance or ideas of how to get out of this rut I'm in, I'd really appreciate it.

Thankyou for ready my rant!

Back