Hello, Big Guy has to lose all weight by wedding in December!!

Ok you girls have convinced me, I wil find out where and when the next Slimming world meeting is and make myself go. It doesnt sound so bad, maybe I would feel worse if it was more men. Always like being surrounded by lovely girls so maybe Ive been bein stupid!

Gotta go and pick my mum up from the quacks now, thanks girls your all the top and a real help.

personally in the past I have found weight watchers less confusing - but I think it really is which ever works for you, have a look at the plans online and see which you think would be best for you

i prefer slimming world you can eat so much on there which they class as free food i love it me.

and u can have a few sneaky drinks at the weekend!!

everyone is different what sort of foods do u like ?(healthy of course)

on slimming world for example if you were on a green day...u could have jacket potato and beans....pasta...rice and thats all glassed as free food

on a red day all lean meat is free too
so you could have bacon eggs mushrooms and toms for breaky and its all freeee

then u have your syns which is normally 5-15 syns aday but i think its more for men!!

example half a lager is 5 syns

have a look on here at all the different diets/plans read through then choose what one you think suits you and your new lifestyle best!!

Hi and welcome. I'd choose the most convenient place and day/time and give it a go. I have tried both WW and SW and they are both good. If going to a class then a good leader definately helps
Irene xx

Thanks Irene/Tanny and Kazski,

Have joined weight watchers, first meeting tonight fairly nervous, but if everyone is as nice as people here I'll be fine.

Had a good past few days, cut down on bread, and pasta and can feel the difference already.

i think you will be better on slimming world than the calorie counting as basically slimming world is easier i have managed to lose 3st 8 lb in 24 week and i don't exercise so you could probably do it and io have had blips during that time i eat out a lot as well but because its flexible i can still lose the weight

I have lost 8st in 4 months on 1000 cals a day
as a guide for a male

but thats a strict 1000 cals
im aiming for 10 stone by sept 15th

I mainly eat salad's

Today's menu

1 Nescafe Cappuccino Skinny 52 Cals
1 Muller Light 93.1 Cals

200g tesco mixed salad 40cal
100g Green Pepper 20
100g Red Pepper 26
50g Red onion 20
250g Cuecumber 38
100g Cherry Tomatoes 18
150g Prawns 91.5
White Pepper
Vinegar
235.5 Cals

502.6 Cals total

Dinner will be

200g boiled garden beans 50
100g boiled carrots 22
100g broccoli 24
100g Cauli 29
100g Sprouts 35
Weight Watchers Hotpot ontop 209

369 Cals
871.6 Cals Total

will finish the day off with
either coffee's or plum's/peaches
depending how i feel

Oh and my mother is with slimming world
she's 5 foot 1 and was 17 stone 10
she's 15 stone 9 now in the same time i have lost 8 stone

she started her diet a few days after me

good luck callum on your weight loss journey.

wow stevie that weight loss is amazing well done,your dinner looks very nice.:D

hello callum and welcome to the forums! Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Sharkbait1983 x

:p:p:p

wow stevie your mum has done well too.

ive been doing slimming world for 9 weeks and have lost 2st 9lbs!!!

i cant beleive you have dropped that in a a short time well done i bet you feel fantastic dont ya?

do u feel hungry on 1000 cal a day?

Im feeling alot better in the sense that its not an effort to move anymore
at 46.6 bmi it was getting very bad

I dont get hungry really i eat around 2kg of veg/salad a day

Im very selective on what i eat to maximize nutrition + food content

Im lucky in the sense that i got fat due to loving most foods i love salad and veg
My brother in law on the other hand wouldnt be able to do my diet as he wont go anywhere near anything green

Last edited:
Had loads a probs with Internet at home. Diet is going really good have lost much mote than I expected. The classes have helped loads, thanks for all the advice. All me mates and other half say the changes in me are great. It feels like I could carry on eatin like this always.

Back