Hello from the west midlands

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Hi, I have just joined SW after many years of trying go it alone, I have struggled over the years with my weight since giving up smoking in 1984 :( and what ever i have tried i always end up heavier than i started :( so i'm hoping that this, which looks like a proper lifestyle change will do the trick, I love the cooking and love the results.........so far ;) I supose the big test will be the weeks i don't lose or (god forbid) put on but as long as i stick to it i'm hoping i'll be ok.

Welcome and good for you :clap:

I joined SW 2 weeks ago and I love it. Been doing WW on and off and my weight just spiraled out of control every time I stopped going to meetings. SW seems like the answer to all my questions and problems. Are you doing Extra Easy or the Red and Green Days. I'm on EE and I can't believe how much free food there is. It's the first time ever, that I am full and satisfied and still losing weight!

I am sure you'll enjoy this diet just as much as I do!!!!

Welcome and good for you :clap:

I joined SW 2 weeks ago and I love it. Been doing WW on and off and my weight just spiraled out of control every time I stopped going to meetings. SW seems like the answer to all my questions and problems. Are you doing Extra Easy or the Red and Green Days. I'm on EE and I can't believe how much free food there is. It's the first time ever, that I am full and satisfied and still losing weight!

I am sure you'll enjoy this diet just as much as I do!!!!

Hi StrawberryShortcake, I'm doing the Extra Easy and so far I have lost 15lbs in three weeks, so i'm very happy :happy036:I weigh tonight i expect to start to normalise my losses on average 5lbs a week has to stop, I know that but so far it's been a good journey I just wish i knew what the destination was :p Good luck with your's ;)

Oh wow, 15lb...and i thought 6.5 in two weeks was good...well done
i'm going out for a meal on saturday for the first time since starting SW, kerp your fingers crossed that i don't fall off the bandwaggon this week!
good luck and congratulations to your fantastic weight loss!

Thanks I weighed tonight and lost another 3lbs 18lbs in 4 weeks I'm really happy with SW.

You've got to tell me what your secret is...do you use your syns...do you tend to eat often and little, or 3 square meals? I feel really inspired by your successful weight loss!!!

Hi I have been quite surprised by how much I'm liking the whole process, I now cook all family meals and the whole family are loving it, they eat cream cakes and loads of stuff that if I even looked at I'd start to pile it back on, lol I have been only doing Extra Easy, and I have to say I haven't been using my syn's. I'm being told by some people that I MUST use them but the leader of my SW group said I didn't have to, so I'm slightly confused about that, but, lets face it it seems to still be working for me :D I know it will slow down for me but, maybe that's when I should make sure I'm using my syns?
now I'm no fool (honest) I must have been eating really badly before if I'm just eating the right stuff and its dropping off of me, I did go to my local GP's and asked them what could I do to lose some weight? And he simply looked me up and down and said "stop eating like a pig might help you" I said I'm not eating too much bad stuff and he said " look at you, you obviously are" I felt 2" tall :cry: but s0d him, I have started to do on my own, and will continue and complete it too.

what diets are you guys on?

Just seen you lost another 4 lbs....congratulations. I lost 4.5 this week but I have to admit that probably mostly as I've had the stupid sickness bug that's going round and I couldn't keep nothing down for 2 days!!! Let's see what next week brings. I'm only 3 lbs away from my first stone. Fingers crossed!!!!:fingerscrossed:

Hi Strawberry, thanks, for your kind words.
I have used one or two more syns this week but nothing special, 4.5lbs is fantastic well done, I guess it helps when your not poorly to feel better about it, I say take it from wherever you can get it ;) and good luck for your Stone :fingerscrossed:

Back