• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hello from the west midlands

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Hi, I have just joined SW after many years of trying go it alone, I have struggled over the years with my weight since giving up smoking in 1984 :( and what ever i have tried i always end up heavier than i started :( so i'm hoping that this, which looks like a proper lifestyle change will do the trick, I love the cooking and love the results.........so far ;) I supose the big test will be the weeks i don't lose or (god forbid) put on but as long as i stick to it i'm hoping i'll be ok.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

strawberryshortcake

Silver Member
Welcome and good for you :clap:

I joined SW 2 weeks ago and I love it. Been doing WW on and off and my weight just spiraled out of control every time I stopped going to meetings. SW seems like the answer to all my questions and problems. Are you doing Extra Easy or the Red and Green Days. I'm on EE and I can't believe how much free food there is. It's the first time ever, that I am full and satisfied and still losing weight!

I am sure you'll enjoy this diet just as much as I do!!!!

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Welcome and good for you :clap:

I joined SW 2 weeks ago and I love it. Been doing WW on and off and my weight just spiraled out of control every time I stopped going to meetings. SW seems like the answer to all my questions and problems. Are you doing Extra Easy or the Red and Green Days. I'm on EE and I can't believe how much free food there is. It's the first time ever, that I am full and satisfied and still losing weight!

I am sure you'll enjoy this diet just as much as I do!!!!

Hi StrawberryShortcake, I'm doing the Extra Easy and so far I have lost 15lbs in three weeks, so i'm very happy :happy036:I weigh tonight i expect to start to normalise my losses on average 5lbs a week has to stop, I know that but so far it's been a good journey I just wish i knew what the destination was :p Good luck with your's ;)

strawberryshortcake

Silver Member
Oh wow, 15lb...and i thought 6.5 in two weeks was good...well done
i'm going out for a meal on saturday for the first time since starting SW, kerp your fingers crossed that i don't fall off the bandwaggon this week!
good luck and congratulations to your fantastic weight loss!

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Thanks I weighed tonight and lost another 3lbs 18lbs in 4 weeks I'm really happy with SW.

strawberryshortcake

Silver Member
You've got to tell me what your secret is...do you use your syns...do you tend to eat often and little, or 3 square meals? I feel really inspired by your successful weight loss!!!

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Hi I have been quite surprised by how much I'm liking the whole process, I now cook all family meals and the whole family are loving it, they eat cream cakes and loads of stuff that if I even looked at I'd start to pile it back on, lol I have been only doing Extra Easy, and I have to say I haven't been using my syn's. I'm being told by some people that I MUST use them but the leader of my SW group said I didn't have to, so I'm slightly confused about that, but, lets face it it seems to still be working for me :D I know it will slow down for me but, maybe that's when I should make sure I'm using my syns?
now I'm no fool (honest) I must have been eating really badly before if I'm just eating the right stuff and its dropping off of me, I did go to my local GP's and asked them what could I do to lose some weight? And he simply looked me up and down and said "stop eating like a pig might help you" I said I'm not eating too much bad stuff and he said " look at you, you obviously are" I felt 2" tall :cry: but s0d him, I have started to do on my own, and will continue and complete it too.

what diets are you guys on?

strawberryshortcake

Silver Member
Just seen you lost another 4 lbs....congratulations. I lost 4.5 this week but I have to admit that probably mostly as I've had the stupid sickness bug that's going round and I couldn't keep nothing down for 2 days!!! Let's see what next week brings. I'm only 3 lbs away from my first stone. Fingers crossed!!!!:fingerscrossed:

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Hi Strawberry, thanks, for your kind words.
I have used one or two more syns this week but nothing special, 4.5lbs is fantastic well done, I guess it helps when your not poorly to feel better about it, I say take it from wherever you can get it ;) and good luck for your Stone :fingerscrossed: