Hello! Is this where everyone is these days?!

Aww Steffi, thanks for asking :)

Wellllll .. are you asking in general, or diet-wise?! ;)

SIL came down Thursday night ready for us to go and see Robbie on Friday. We took her out for a meal and I was [---] this close to ordering something to eat. In fact, I actually went up to the order counter to order myself some salmon & steamed veg, but when they said they had run out, I decided there was nothing else on the menu that would have suited, so abstained. On reflection, I wasn't hungry anyway, so why did I want to eat?

In Milton Keynes all day on Friday and sat through watching my SIL devour a huge steak & kidney pie with chips and peas, and later on she had a jacket spud with cheese (the only non 'junk' food she could buy!). She's as slim as a slim thing, but has to work at it, so the odd pie & chips does her no harm.

Anyway .. we then had hubby's daughter and her new boyfriend over for lunch on Saturday (with SIL too), and I prepared a lovely lunch of local ham pitta & salad sandwiches with meringues, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and a strawberry coulis (get me!!) for dessert.

After they all left I have to say I found it all a bit much, and ended up having a couple of the leftover pittas :eek:

Managed to abstain all the way through Sunday apart from the evening, when I had some toast and fresh fruit.

Hey ho ..

Put it all behind me (not that I beat myself up about it in the first place) and have been abstinent since. I do want to get into this dress, and that's what's motivating me to carry on, but I know I'm going to eat occasionally - like this Saturday for example. We're going to a corporate function and lunch will be provided, so I'm going to eat. No big deal, is it? Life still goes on.

I honestly think the whole total SS thing was a once in a life-time thing for me, but it's ok to dip in and out to shift a bit.

Saying that, Mr Mandana doesn't think it's doing my body any good at all. He's probably right :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking .. bet you wish you hadn't!!

Mandana x

Oooooooh Mandana,
nope I'm glad Steffi asked, love reading your posts :D

So glad to hear you're not beating yourself over having eaten, and your right, it's life isnt it and it's only food at the end of the day... and not like you're going mad with it....

Eyes on the dress girl, eyes on the dress :p

So whats your plan now? S.s till saturday and then back on, or are you just going with the flow so to speak!

Well I think you did flippin well.....I don't think I could have just eaten so little....so well done to you!

I ate so much rubbish over the weekend...well it was our 1oth anniversary and we do only see each other at weekends so that was my excuse.....

On my 2nd day today and hopefully I will abstain now until our holiday. Got no plans to go out and have no celebrations coming up so should be fine and dandy....:D

Hubby took all leftover goodies back to our house down south so unless I go and drive to the village there is no food to tempt me, and I am far too lazy to do that...lol

Have a good day Mandana

Love Steffi X

That's the plan Geri .. I've no excuse really as hubby is now eating at work (when he's not business lunching). It's free, so why not?! In fact, I didn't know before that he could get free lunches, so there was me cooking every night thinking he was only having salad at lunch. Little did I know he was only having salad because I was cooking! Doh :rolleyes:

Hope you had a lovely anniversary Steffi. 10 years - wow! You get less for a life sentence these days! ;)

I remember celebrating our 1st anniversary - I was abstaining. Great meal that was! Hubby was drunk on the champagne they left for us in our room, and when we went down for dinner (posh restaurant), I asked them to make me up a soup. They kept asking if I'd like bread with that, or was there anything they could add to make it more palatable! LOL .. can laugh now, but it wasn't great at the time. Things we do eh.

My Bamix seems to have finally given up the ghost. For those who don't know, it's the best hand food mixer in the world .. when it works! At the moment it's resembling a sorry vibrator with almost run down batteries. Not good for getting lumps out of my vanilla coffee!

Anyway .. must dash. Have a meeting at 11 and I've got to neck this pack which is too hot lol

Have a good day everyone

Mandana x

I remember celebrating our 1st anniversary - I was abstaining. Great meal that was! Hubby was drunk on the champagne they left for us in our room, and when we went down for dinner (posh restaurant), I asked them to make me up a soup. They kept asking if I'd like bread with that, or was there anything they could add to make it more palatable! LOL .. can laugh now, but it wasn't great at the time. Things we do eh.

Laughing17.gif

LOL Karion - love the ROFL icon! It's great!

You'll have to lend him to the site originator (Mini?) as we could do with some animated ones!

Mandana x

Back