hello - new calorie counter!

bryonyplusone

Hi everyone

I'm Bryony, I had my little girl in December and since then have piled on the pounds. I've decided to calorie count as I can easily fit in around being a stay at home mum - no meetings to attend, set times to eat or hard meals to plan :)

Any tips would be greatly recieved!

Hi and welcome, good luck with your weight loss, loads of low calorie ideas on the foods that are low in calories thread and there are some tips on the top 3 tips thread;)

Hi Bryony and welcome. I love the flexibility of counting calories, nothing is out of bounds!!
Good luck and let us know how you get on. :)

Hi Bryony, Welcome to the forum.
Good to see that you are going to get into losing some weight.
Firstly may I suggest that you start your own diary. It doesn't matter if you don't fill it in every day, in fact just whenever it suits you. Also you don't have to put down all your menus either and it is helpful to put in how you are feeling and coping so that we can give you support and encouragement when needed.
You may find the following link helpful in finding calories for different foods-

Search the Nutrition Database | iChange

and there is a little book that I find invaluable called The Collins gem Carb Counter. It is pocket sized, can be bought online, costs literally only a few pence and give calorie counts for numerous foods and things like McD etc.
Hope you have great success ... take care...:)

Back