Hello new weight loss blog :D

Hi Bon - Just catching up. I hope you find something work-wise soon x

Hey hey, well things are a bit mad here at the moment :S

We came home on Saturday morning (after staying at a friends Friday night) to find our flat totally flooded! We are on the first floor too so it was rather strange! but someone's boiler on the top floor has burst and it had been running water for 4 hours.

We found out yesterday that as a result of this they are going to knock our row of flats down and rebuild them cos they are so badly damaged structurely :( so we're homeless for 6 months. They think they can provide alternative accomodation but since we rent and don't own it they are not sure what their insurance covers (the people that own the flat building that is) so we're not sure yet until someone phones us today :S

We've been in a couple of hotels since Saturday and they should be paying us back for it. Now we know we can't move back in to the flat we need to get our stuff out asap as it's so damp in there everything is smelling and going mouldy :S So hopefully we can take a lot of stuff to a friends house tonight.

If they can't provide us with accomodation then i'll go to lots of estate agents tomorrow and see if i can find something else... So we're just waiting to hear before we can work out our long term plan.

And also this morning we found out one of our friends has died :( we don't know how or when yet though but it's all so awful :(

So I am rather fed up :( Dieting is not happening at the moment!

Hey Bon, crikey, what a lot to deal with all at once.
Hope you're ok.
xxx

Thanks guys, you're all so lovely and so supportive on here :) aw.

Well things have been a bit rubbish, it's all a rather long story...

Basically the company that owns the flats is insured, so that's paid for our alternative accomodation. The first week we were in 3 hotels (each was a stress as they'd messed up the bookings on each) and then we moved to an appartment on the Saturday which is much better as it has a washing machine and cooker etc.

We're staying there until we find something permanant for the 6 months it'll take to redo the flat. The agency that is looking for us is completely useless also, so on Monday we decided to visit and phone lots of estate agents and we've arranged 6 viewings for this week. Which is more than the agency has done for us, sigh.

Today Jamie had one booked in to view in his lunch break and it's perfect, just what we want! yays. Buuut the agency is again being slow and it's all a bit up in the air as to whether we'll get it before it goes :( When Jamie viewed it at lunch time there was another couple viewing it too and they seemed really keen he said :S argh! So the agency woman is making some phone calls at the moment to the insurance people etc and I have all my fingers and toes crossed! I really hope it's not gone. But she seems to be taking ages so my hopes are going down and down :S

So I'll keep you posted! I've come on here to take my mind off things, hee, cos I am sat at work fidgeting and staring at my phone!

This temp flat we're in at the mo is gorgeous though! it's sooo posh and in a lovely area, shame we can't stay here! Although it isn't as close to town as we'd like and it is rather big and i prefer small cosy flats. But we're enjoying our temp place and making the most of it til we get something properly.

Am sick of moving and packing though! 4 times in one week and then we have another move to come and then another in 6 months if we do want to go back to the redone flat.

Oh and the icing on the cake with how rubbish all this has been dealt with was yesterday afternoon (a week and a half after the flood) a woman from a removal company rang and asked if they can give us a hand with packing our things away and moving them to our alternative accomodation! seriously, whhhy would they think we just left all our stuff as it was in a soaking wet, smelly flat with no electric and not pack it all up and get it out as quick as possible... That would be have been so much easier if they'd done that on the first day and saved us lots of days off work and Jamie's mum packing her car with as much as she could doing lots of miles to store it at hers. But at least they can help us move things to the new place when we get somewhere :)

Oh other news: I have a job interview :D wooo. Although I am soooo scared! It's for North Durham Hospital (20 minutes away on the train) doing admin in the hospital records library :D I would love to do that :) although it's scary that i'd be in charge of 12 people :S It's a week on Friday so wish me luck! I haven't given it much thought though to be honest with all this moving going on, hee. Perhaps that's best or i'll get too panicy!

Well I hope everyone else is well :) Sorry i've not been around, I shall try and catch up a bit now.

Thanks for visiting my diary guys :)

Hiya Bon, great news on the interview front and I'm sending you lots of luck.

Also fingers crossed you do get that flat. Will be eagerly awaiting your updates to see what happens xx

Morning, Well i thought I would quickly update here while I have a bit of spare time :)

Sooo we got the flat ok, well it's not been signed for yet but it's off the market and we are collecting together all the paperwork we need to secure it, so it's as good as ours. We can't move in until the 20th December though :S which is a bit of a pain. We get to stay in our temporary place for now though which is really nice. So it's all ok :)

The whole thing has been a right faff and everyone we've had to deal with has been useless really, so it's been a huge stress :( but it's getting slowly sorted...

My job interview is tomorrow :S am reallllly scared! I could do without the stress of it really, but I can only try my best.

My current job is still driving me mad but I've been told this morning that I am going to the new offices the week after next, and will be joining a different department. So I am pleased I am doing something different, that is better for me. I would still like to find something else though instead of spending my working life dealing with adverts...

So just a quick update. Sorry i've not been keeping up with people, really hope you're all ok!

Oh and I went shopping for interview clothes yesterday and totally depressed myself :( I have never been so HUGE and a lot of the 18's in New Look and Dorothy Perkins didn't even fit anymore :( So depressing :( :( So I am majorly into my dieting today! hee.

Take care everyone and i'll report back soon about my interview :S Hope you're all ok! I miss catching up with people :(

Bye for now :)

Last edited:
Hi Bon - Update sounding mostly good - the weight situation will sort itself out once the stress levels go down x

Back