Hello new weight loss blog :D

Aw thanks guys :) I do feel much better having a new job. It's my last day here tomorrow! wooo.

I have been eating terribly though :S and drinking loads of wine :S So i am hoping this new job will get me some exercise and stop me nibbling through the day. Fingers crossed!

I had a lovely time at home with Mum and Dad. We made chutney, jam, a victoria sponge, chocolate buns... and then mum showed me how to darn socks, do clippy matting, patchworking, and I am totally addicted to crocheting! I had never done it before, and found it hard but then i was addicted by the end! think i'll do a cushion cover and perhaps some bookmarks if i can get the wool to curl less!

Glad you're both well. Hope youre enjoying the sunshine! (well shade for you Nomad!)

Sounds like a very productive holiday back home x

Morning Bon, sounds like a great weekend! What's clippy matting? Is that like rag rugging? Crochet is great, what about knitting? Enjoy your last day at work xx

I was doing rag rugging with the kids at school using a pencil as a bodkin and sacking as the base - they look really nice x

hey babes. so happy you have a new job :D

will have to ring me for a catch up when you have time.

loads of love

abz xx

Hi Abz x

Bon - I hope you are enjoying your new job x

Hi guys. Thanks for popping by. I don't seem to get on a computer much these days so am trying minimins on my phone instead.

Am really enjoying my new job. Its great fun. I spend most of the day just chatting to visitors and listening to them tell me about their childhood memories.

I baked an apple pie from scratch in the range oven today too, yay. The visitors who tried it said it was yum.

I've not done any more crochet yet. I seem to be super tired from a new physical job and also having cold. But I will continue with it.

I couldn't get in to knitting, am too impatient and want quick results!

Yeah clippy matting is rag matting, that's just what we call it in this area. I really like doing that. It reminds me of my summers with nanna :)

Well I hope everyone is well. Oh and since this is a swimming forum I should point out that I am feeling thinner already from this new job. I am on my feet all day and walking miles and then not getting chance to eat other than my lunch break! Beats sitting at a desk bored and nibbling all day :) yay.

Am gonna be in the Victorian school tmw which is fun with the kids. I help them write on the slates and tell them about Victorian punishments! Hee.

Take care everyone

That sounds wonderful - the sort of interactive stuff I used to take kids to. Hope your cold is better soon x

Morning Bon, its great to hear how much you're enjoying your job. Sounds like you're having a great time. You could knit with bigger needles and chunkier wool and it will grow a bit quicker.

Have a good day xx

A good thing would be a holey shawl with tied tassles - you could wear it at work too. I wish I had my old triangular shawl pattern from my teens - it was on big wooden needles and started with (if I remember right) something like 5 stitches and ended up really wide. It was lovely to knit (and I'm no knitter) and I made several. The pattern was 1 A4 sheet and was given to me when I bought the wool x

yay for pie. and yay for getting thinner. and get you being all outgoing and confident and teachy :D so proud and chuffed for you babes. go bon!!

abz xx

Morning everyone. Thanks for the nice replies :) Ah knitting shawls would be fun, we're always running out of them at work. I use one that's been passed down the family :) my nanna would be proud.

I know abz! I don't know where this confidence is coming from. Esp in the dentist where you're in effect on a stage, can be terrifying if I look at the amount of people listening to me :s

Well its still going great. I am applying for a permanent position as mine is only seasonal. So fingers crossed.

Am.in the pit village today so shall probably be in the school again being all teachery today.

Am working a lot of hours in October which is tiring but there's no work Nov to Feb so I'm making the most of it. Gonna apply for the job like I said, but if not I'll volunteer over the winter to keep my face around.

I am definitely noticing a difference in my fitness levels :) feel much better for it.

Hope you're all well. I'll try and check diaries now if the internet stays with me on this bus :)

Take care

It sounds as if you're having a real blast working there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your permanent position. We are going to the Portsmouth Harbour Victorian Festival of Christmas and the Blist Hills Victorian Weekend so we will have our "old fashioned" fun before Christmas. Do they do a Christmas special where you work - perhaps you can get in on that x

sounds like things are going brilliantly bon. good luck with the permanent position. if you are the only seasonal person there and you are getting plenty of experience, then surely you will have an advantage over any other applicants?

good luck with it. let me know how it goes. and give me a ring some time. would be lovely to hear your voice. you are so busy all the time i don't want to interrupt, so ring me at your convenience :)

abz xx

Hiya Bon, you really seem to be coming out of your shell with this job and its fantastic to read. Fingers crossed about the permanent job, when will you hear? xx

Aw thanks. Yeah I feel like my old self again now I am enjoying each day and not wasting all my energy on hating being at work.
I was pleased with my application form for the permanent position :) but I haven't my hopes up as there are people who have been there ages and deserve a permanent contract more than me. Although no one knows how many positions are going.
We should hear over the next couple of days anyway.
Aw I do like traditional Christmas's gem. Beamish do loads for xmas and I'm hoping to volunteer so I can be part of it.
Am working Halloween night and bonfire night so should be loads of fun :)
Oh it'd be lovely to chat abi! I miss you. Am so knackered all the time at the mo though so evenings I get home and am in bed after couple of hours, ha. I'll phone you on a day off soon though. I want a good catch up!
Hope things are good with you all. I do feel fitter but I'm also finding I'm eating lots more as I need more energy. Plus there is always cake and biscuits at work in the staff room! Boo.
Its being very Autumn like at the mo. Am gonna make some soup soon :)
Well take care everyone xx

I've got two pumpkins in my kitchen to make pumpkin, carrot and ginger soup. I'll make loads and freeze it as when the pumpkins are gone that's it. Good luck with the application x

Oh that sounds like really lovely soup that gemstone. Do you have a recipe there?

Well I got the permanent position! Woo. So I am.proper member of staff now. Am so pleased! I can't believe how much I love my job and enjoy being there. Its such a contrast. But yay.

Am only doing about 3 days a week through winter though but we can manage for money so I've been volunteering a bit at the library too.

Today I've been selling roasted chestnuts and mulled wine :) there was a brass band playing xmas songs too so it was lovely.

Well how is everyone? I'll try and check diaries now but my phones playing up. I keep wondering how you're all doing. Take care, and I hope you're all keeping warm :)

Back