Hello new weight loss blog :D

Heya luv, hopw you had a successful day of job hunting :)
Well done for getting those meetings set up, I'm sure everyone will benefit from something like that :)

It seems a few of us are falling off of the wagon atm, I'm going to blame the crap weather! But at the end of the day we just have to get our butts back in gear, start writing fod diaries again, star consciously looking at what we're putting in our mouths and why. Gah, easier said than done I know, but it's what we have to do!

Good luck babes, enjoy your weekend to yourself :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Bon. I haven't sorted out the teapots, but think I'll put a couple in the kitchen to "thin" them out. Weather is crap here, too!

Hi guys, thanks for the messages :) I've been in a right grump lately :S Perhaps it is the weather, ha, it certainly has been miserable this weekend and today.

Well i had a nice weekend in the flat by myself :) Although i did terrible food wise, I ordered Chinese and had chocolate :S But I really enjoyed it! was yum as I haven't had Chinese for years!

So yeah, I would love to say that i am back being good today :S but i'm not, I've had a Yorkie which i didn't actually realise was 350 calories! mad! Oh well, I needed it!

I am so tired today :( that doesn't help with the eating well :S and we're out seeing a band tonight so it'll be another late one :S Oh well, I can catch up on some sleep tomorrow night then hopefully i'll feel more like myself again.

It's the wedding this Sunday and I feel huger than ever and have nothing to wear as all my nice, posh type clothes don't fit anymore :( makes me feel rubbish that i have nice things to wear but they don't fit. Sigh. Oh well, I'll come up with something.

So how is everyone today? Hope everyone had a nice weekend?

Hiya Bon, sorry to hear you sounding so down, you were doing so well!! Fingers crossed that you hear from some of those jobs this week as that will make you feel better.

Glad you had a good weekend though, even if you weren't very good foodwise. Hope you enjoy the band tonight and you manage to catch up on some sleep and feel better soon xx

Oh Bon - so sorry you are sounding down. I've been there with the posh clothes thing. The secret is to get something timeless and accessorisable in the size you're at so that it's there while you need it, when you need it. It'll be your bench mark piece - once it is far too big to wear, you'll be able to take it to the charity shop with a big smile on your face.

Mine was a smart pin-stripe suit from Evans. I loved it and it was a flattering style when I was bigger. I wore it to lots of events with a scarf, different tops underneath etc and was almost sad when it went - but what a smile when I came back from the charity shop without it!

Aw thanks guys, you're so lovely :) You really cheered me up. Gemstone I liked that story, that would be a real sense of achievement :) Thanks for making me feel better.

I think I shall go and buy a new top and just wear a plain skirt and bright tights... wish me luck with the clothes shopping though, I hate those full length mirrors!

Thanks Nomad, I too hope I hear from some jobs soon... but i think it's been too long now :( although the ones for the Uni said they would email and let me know one way or another... so that's strange, they've had a week now.

I just hope I can find some more jobs to apply to this Friday, as it seems to be drying up for admin work :S

Well i am in a MUCH better mood today! I really am a different person when I am tired! Even though we didn't get to bed til 1 last night I woke up feeling really refreshed :D so yay!

The band was brilliant, so it was a great night, really enjoyed it. Tonight shall be a quiet one and an early night to sort out my sleeping pattern i thinks.

So now that i am not tired today I am more in the mood to be good... so I shall try! I have Quavers for breakfast - not the healthiest i know :S but they are only 97 calories. And at lunch time i shall go to the market and get some fruit and also potatoes to make jackets. I fancy a big vegetable broth now it's getting all cold :D So i shall make that tonight hopefully.

Well I hope everyone is well? I shall try and get to people's diaries this morning.

Thanks again for the nice comments :)

Hiya Bon,

I'm glad you are feeling happier, but I must tell you, you are so delightful that reading your diary cheers me up even when you are not that happy!
I'm so with you on the wedding clothes! I once took a frock for a wedding in another state without trying it on, to find out, the morning of the wedding, that I was a long way from fitting in to it. Very depressing!
The weight loss will happen darling girl, ok, not in time for this wedding, but it will. You have so much on your plate at the moment, try not to set yourself up by putting unrealistic pressure on yourself.
I think you are quite wonderful, even if you don't fit in to your posh clothes!

So glad you're feeling a little happier. I do indeed wish you luck with the shopping and it's always best to avoid the full-length mirrors, especially those multiple ones - they are never flattering x

Aw thanks guys you're lovely :)

Thanks MinusFour :D that's nice of you to say that, aw.

Thanks Gemstone, yes I shall be avoiding all mirrors, I might hide behind my hands and then peak through my fingers to see!

Well I plan to try on what clothes I have in the wardrobe tonight, then I can see what actually fits and what doesn't :S My body shape has changed so much so i have no idea. Then I can see what i actually need to buy, and I'll have a look tomorrow.

I have a feeling that trying on these clothes tonight will just make me grumpy and depressed though and I am in a good mood and want to keep it that way! Buuuut as you've said I need to think forward and that I won't be like this for much longer, that's the right attitude!

I have done good today so far and plan to for the rest of the day. Have decided that I shall have soup for lunch and jacket tattie for tea. I wanna make a vegetable broth but perhaps on Friday since we've had soup quite a lot lately.

I am liking all these Autumn recipe ideas I have though, I love this time of year. Am really looking forward to Halloween too, we're having a party on the Saturday night and then seeing Circus of Horrors on the Sunday night :) should be good and nice to see lots of people we haven't seen in a while.

Nearly lunch time :) am hungry now. In my break I'm going to the market for some pototoes and also some fruit for my breakfasts and afternoon snacks so i can avoid Quavers a little!

Hope everyone's having a nice day?

I love Autumn recipes too - I have 3 pumpkins in my kitchen - all destined for the soup pot x

Ah yes, Pumpkin soup is on my list :D I looove pumpkin soup and it is definatly soup weather I think when it gets cold like this.

So how is everyone today? It certainly is Autumny today, I must find my warm boots...

Well I havent much work to do today so it's gonna be a slow day i thinks.... It should be a nice evening though as we're going to this Skeptics in the Pub thing where a scientist is giving a talk and then there is a discussion afterwards, it's in our local Weatherspoons so there'll be Guinness or two drunk no doubt :)

Well I hope everyone's having a lovely day :)

Sounds good to me - I could philosophise into my Guinness - Yes I think I could definitely do that one x

Hiya Bon, how you doing? Hope you have a good day and you manage to apply for loads more jobs. Try not to think or worry about the ones you have applied for, apply for them and then just forget about them and think about the next application, otherwise you can get really down and caught up in it all. The right job is out there for you and will come to you at the right time.

Have a great day and great weekend xx

Heya duckie, how's it going?
Glad to see that you've cheered up :)
Ick, shopping, I feel your pain. Sounds sad, but have you had a look in asda? They do some really nice clothes that go up to the larger sizes. They've got their xmas party stock out atm as well, so there might be something good for the wedding. Do love a bit of George, I think thats where pretty much all of my clothes are from, lol.

I'm with nomad on the job thing, just keep looking forwards.Once you've applied there's nothing else you can do, so just move onto the next one. Best wishes.

Good morning everyone :)

Thanks for popping by and for all the lovely messages :D

Well i am still not really in the zone of calorie counting :S It is really getting to me but I can't do it til I am ready... I am making better choices but then I blow it all with wine on an evening when I am stressed :( and then I eat when I'm drunk or hungover :( really need to sort that out I know it's my main problem.

Well it was the wedding on Sunday, it was at Alnwick Castle which is a lovely place (It's where I went for my birthday if you remember?) I did feel rather huge but I managed to make a nice enough outfit from the clothes in my wardrobe :) with a long scarf on to hide my tummy :D clever I thought.

We were only at the evening do which started at 6, but we went up for the afternoon and looked around the town again which is so lovely, and then we'd booked a meal in the Treehouse restaurant there. I love that Treehouse so much, it's amazing and huge! The food is delicious too and very posh. So I enjoyed that. Then we went to the wedding do and danced lots so it was a nice day.

Well work's still rubbish, am desperate to leave here :( I had a rejection email from one of the admin jobs at Newcastle Uni :( But then I applied for 3 there and they said that they email to let you know one way or another so it's weird how it's taking so long :(

Thanks Nomad... That was really helpful advice, I hadn't really thought of it like that but yeah I do need to move on from these applications and look for the next... I haven't been doing that as I have my hopes up about these ones but it looks like they are not meant to be.

It's Friday tomorrow so I shall have my usual productive day. I am enjoying going on the Wii each Friday morning and I am finding the Island Lap jog easier each time :) Then I shall see if there are any jobs to apply to... I couldn't see any last week which was upsetting, but I need to work on covering letters to send off to places like the Tourist Information offices that I wouldn't mind working in... So that'll be something to do tomorrow if i can't see any general admin work.

I keep meaning to look into agency work too... perhaps i should book an appointment for a Friday to go and talk to one. Cos that could mean I could leave here sooner...

So lots to do. That makes me feel better about being stuck at this place, at least I have options.

Well this weekend should be fun, we're seeing lots of friends and we've taken Monday off work too so it's an extra long weekend and a short working week next week :D

I hope everyone else is well? sorry I've not been on here for a week :S oops. I shall go and catch up with diaries this morning :) Take care everyone :)

Hiya Bon, I have my fingers crossed you will find something to apply to this week. Well done on finding the lap jog easier each week, see you are getting fitter even if the scales aren't going down.

Have a great weekend xx

Are there any jobs with like the National Trust or anything? You seem into the history and housey things so there might be something good there.
Sorry about the uni job, but maybe one of the others will come up trumps. Unis are a nightmare, there's so many layers of admin and different departments for everything that it takes ages to get anythign done.
Well done on the jog, it's great when you can feel things getting easier.
Hope that you have a fab weekend :)

Hi Bon,

Sorry things are still a bit bleak. I do agree with Pink on the uni's, lots of egos and politics, best avoided. I also think her suggestion about National Trust, or something like that excellent, although I would be soo jealous!

I still haven't sorted out how or where to arrange all the teapots, but I do have three new blue and white ones, two from our trip to Sydney last weekend, and one just yesterday from a local shop, divine it is, you know it! Who would think there were so many blue and white teapots out there, or that I would have absolutely no self discipline about buying everyone that I see and like? Normally I'm not quite so indulgent!

I hope you are having a good weekend, darling girl!

Back