Hello Newbie starting tom!

YummyMummy04

Silver Member
Hello all

I am starting s/s diet tomorrow morning!

I am meeting my cdc tonight for the 1st time after a long chat with her on the phone.

I have been preparing myself by drinking min 3 pints a day, have cut out all the goodies and lowered food intake.

Is there any other tips other cd'ers have for me.

I am a habit and comfort eater so going to keep myself busy next week.

I am also a really fussy eater so am worried how i will cope with the flavours and tastes etc. :(

Thank you all in advance :D

Gum!

Welcome, good luck and drink at least 3 ltrs of water!!!

How exciting for you.

Bren
X

I'm starting tomorrow too .. although your CDC sounds a lot more helpful than mine. I am meeting him tomorrow at 9am ... hopefully he will be better in person than on the phone.

I have 6 weeks to loose 23lb ... maybe more ... can't wait to get stuck in although very nervous about the first few days.

Good luck!

You've definitely come to the right place for support, YummyMummy04. We really have been there, all of us! :)

Hey,
good luck for starting guys! I was so excited the night before I started that I couldn't sleep!
The first few days are the hardest, I found day 3 I felt tired and weak and not happy, but from there it has only got better! Drink lots in the first few days until you are in ketosis, as that fills you up and helps with any hunger.
Great that you have been cutting out foods and drinking more, that will really help I think.
I am quite fussy but I have found the flavours that I like and I am happy on them. My CDC suggested that I get 4 packs a day for the first week, which I did, I only ever used 3 but it meant that if I was hungry I could have one, better that than something naughty. It also meant that I could get a choice of flavours and have spares so that if I didn't like any I could return them and still have enough to use. So I think that is a really good idea! Means that each week I still have choice on what I have too.
Just keep going, drink heaps and come on here when you are feeling a little wobbly.
Bingbong

Thank you all for the support.

Bren will up my water intake even more! I will never be off the loo at this rate!

Kirsty good luck for tom. I cant wait to get stuck in but am dreading the 1dt few days too but plan on keeping myself as busy as possible!

Thanks bingbong i might buy few extra packs like you suggested just incase.

Cant wait to start now but worried incase i cant. My BMI is over 40 (i am 41) and i read on here that you need a doc signerture (shouldnt be a prob as i have no medical conditions and apart from being overweight am and always have been healthy).

My cdc did not mention it on the phone but will feel really deflated if tonight she says i cant start tom now as i am in the right place in my head iykwim.

hiya and good luck for tomorrow! I am restarting tomorrow after a week away from CD boy I missed it!! I love the chocolate flavoured shakes, all the soups, porridge and the bars

So easy to follow this plan, I have found this week hard having to make choices in what to eat!

I will be going back onto ss+ which is 4 packs a day, or 3 packs plus small protien and green/white veg, this way I don;t need doctors permission

welcome and good luck.

Thank you Berryred and Linda. I am loving this forum already it is so surportive and friendly.

I'm loving this too much ... i should be studying ... woopsie.

I'm just going to say ... i was studying, for my CD start tomorrow!

Hey I'm going to be starting CD as soon as my counsellor gets in touch! I've been leaving messages for the 2 people in my area but not had a reply yet! Humph! I just want to get on with it now!...

I just had a question.... What with losing all the weight quite quickly, is it common to get a lot of loose skin? I have just been browsing the surgery forum and people that are having tummy tucks etc seem to have been doing the CD.. and I definitely don't want that! I will do as much toning exercises as I can whilst on it, should that help?

Hey I'm going to be starting CD as soon as my counsellor gets in touch! I've been leaving messages for the 2 people in my area but not had a reply yet! Humph! I just want to get on with it now!...

I just had a question.... What with losing all the weight quite quickly, is it common to get a lot of loose skin? I have just been browsing the surgery forum and people that are having tummy tucks etc seem to have been doing the CD.. and I definitely don't want that! I will do as much toning exercises as I can whilst on it, should that help?

Exercise and toning wil help but if you loose a lot of weight ( i am aiming for 7 stone) then i think there will be a lot of loose skin no matter what diet you do.

I might be wrong and i dont like the ideal of tummy tucks etc but from what i have been reading some need it after such a big weight loss.

Good luck with CD. I am looking really forward to starting mine in a way. Just going to keep myself motivated and focused!

Yeah it's starting to look that way! I know I'm jumping the gun as I haven't even started yet! But I'm not looking forward to having to fork out for that, or a scar- but it's going to be better than how things are at the moment!!

Good luck with your CD! Hope I can get started soon too

Hi yummy mummy,

Just wanted to say hi and good luck with your start tomorrow, like all the others have said really, just drink lots of water, keep busy, go to bed early with a nice soak in the bath first to keep your mind off food. Stay strong and just keep thinking I need to get through those first few days and then to my first weigh in, once you get there the weight loss will be enough to motivate you to keep going. After the first 2 weeks it really is pretty simple in terms of not feeling hungry and ill etc - it's just the mind games you have to deal with then ;)

When I started cd my bmi was over 40 and I didn't realise I would need a doctors sig until I met with my cdc, I ended up crying :eek: because my head was in the right place and suddenly I was being told I couldn't start, I panicked a little. This was on a Friday so I decided to do 2-3 days of preperation (cut right back on carbs & up water) and early Monday I went to docs, got my signature and drove all the way to my cdc's house to get my products :p

Does your cdc know your bmi is over 40? You may need to get the medical form signed? If you can get into the docs tomorrow it should all be quite quick though so you can get started :D

Hope it goes well for you xx

Hi Yummy Mummy! I remember you from a couple of weeks ago as you were just about to start cambridge when I signed up.. just say omg well done!! You're doing brilliantly!! How are you finding it? I start tomorrow. At least mentally I know it's going to be tough- this forum is brill!

Back