hello

B2B25/8

Hi all, Im currently doing Cambridge but considering changing to atkins BUT need yo loose 6stone by Jan (wedding) which i know i can on Cambridge - wondered what losses were like on atkins and if they r similar to Cambridge (stone a month) ?

Hi That's a pretty big goal you've set for yourself. I've never done Cambridge and don't know what your reasons are for wanting to switch to atkins. What I will say is that some manage to lose a stone in the first month but this usually slows down. I think there has to be a bit of room for oopsies as well because sticking to anything can be hard and many have wobbles which ultimately result in weight loss being slower but thats just life. My losses are in my signature but everyone is different and so results can vary alot, but I think the only month I hit a stone was the first month.

Hmm - that sounds like a big goal. Sorry cant see your stats - the more to lose you have to start then you can lose lots on atkins especially if you stick strictly to induction with no sugar free substitiutes and definitely no booze. The problem is that atkins let you eat and enjoy life so many of us arent as strict as on a TFR or other diets - guess what the weight loss is slower! All depends on you and what suits your body and lifestyle
Good luck!

Funnily enough, unlike other diets, Atkins is about eating. I know it sounds crazy but it is a totally different way of losing weight and involves eating healthily in moderate amounts.

If you stick to Atkins to the letter you should see excellent results but a stone a month is not a realistic amount on this way of eating. This is not to say it won't happen - as said earlier, the more weight a person has to lose, the greater the losses per month - but this would only apply to the first month and possibly the second. Make sure you buy A NEW YOU or one of the other Atkins books (amazon, eBay) and read it from cover to cover.

The wonderful thing is that you will have the blessing of ketosis to curb your appetite and cravings as you go along. I know you get ketosis with CD and other VLCDs but sticking to packs and bars is not for everyone.

Atkins is a wonderful 'diet' and lifestyle that teaches us how to maintain while we are losing weight. All the very best to you, whichever diet you choose.

Back