Help - Aliens!!

RegField

Silver Member
Aliens have taken over my mobile phone!!

I never use text-speak, not ever, under any circumstances. All my text messages have proper spelling and punctuation.

So how come my phone has now started sending things I never typed? My sister got a message from me saying "I will have 2 look into that". But that's not what I typed - why would I? On my phone it takes longer to put in "2" than it does to type "to".

The only explanation - it must be aliens!!!!

what phone have you got?

could it be altering it automatically to use maximum number of characters?

Haha what phone do you have? Its either aliens or those pesky children/partners/friends/parents/siblings. OR a squirel climbed in through your window, walked all the way over to your phone, decided I know how to push buttons - tadar! ;)

It's a Sony Ericsson which I have had for about three years. It has never done this before.

And I don't live with any children or squirrels who might have changed the setttings!

And of course, everyone thinks it is hilarious!! (well, I suppose it is quite funny, if I'm honest!)

I used to have a sony ericsson and very now and then it would change the top option with predictive text, so if you were trying to say 'I will have a look into that', it might have decided you were more likely to use the number 2 instead of a and changed it without you realising.

I ended up sending some corkers from my old phone when it decided to change things eg: Wine became wind!

In our family Chipping Norton and Chipping Campden are now always referred to as Chirping ... as that's what predictive text does to them!

And my cousin is often called Bugs, as that's how her name appears.

My sister is known by the family as Bog, as her name is Ang, the first option you're given on any phone is Bog - still makes me laugh!

Im lipsty which is where my username comes from, but "apparently" book started to mean cool for this reason although if I ever heard a student of mine say "thats book" I think I would need serious words being a literal mathematican.

Back