Help and advices needed

shep

Silver Member
Hi I am looking into Lipotrim, going through a bad spell and want something to give me the boost to get going again.

How bad is it, I like my coffee and tea and only drink skimmed milk no sugar. Not a fan of plain water struggle to get 2 pints into me. r u able to add squash I only use a tiny amount to colour the water and add a bit of taste (my om asks me wot the point if you cant taste it but each to their own i say) any advice will be greatly received.

Hi,im afraid you cant have any sort of milk or squash in your drinks.You can have tea or coffee without milk and just plain old water.
Its not that bad,and once started in about 4 days its like you never knew and different.Yes its hard work but isnt any diet or we would all be thin lol.
I say try it hun and you will see results fast.
x

Hi Shep - if you're going through a bad spell because you want to loose weight quickly, then LT is for you - you will get such a massive boost after your first week, that it will surely spur you on. Just look at the results of people on LT for further proof!!! If you're just going through a bad spell generally, then maybe you need to get youself feeling a bit better before starting on such a radical regime?

The biggest thing that worried me too was giving up 'normal' tea, as I used to drink about 6 cups a day and thought I wouldn't be able to survive. However, I moved over to Earl Grey and then Peppermint Tea, which I now love, and I've found that the buzz I get from losing weight outweighs my 'apparent' need for tea. I was ok with water, but soon got bored with it, but now drink loads of sparkling mineral water. I was given a cup of 'normal' tea the other day, and to be honest, I couldn't drink it as I didn't like it - what a change in 8 weeks!!! Good luck with your decision. You can look forward to lots of support from the forum if you go ahead.

Hi Shep, I was dreading giving up my sqaush and milk too but have actually found it quite easy, I did struggle with the hunger first few days but now Im finding it easy going. Still get the odd wobbly but nothing I havent been able to overcome. Good luck with whatever you decide x

HI Shep
I'm on day 6, have tried coffee and tea black and with/without sweetener. Not enjoyed them, but am going to try earl grey and peppermint, as a hot drink will be welcome.
BUT, i feel really positive that I'd rather lose all my surplus weight than have those milky drinks. I hope I still feel like that in a few weeks, lol.:D

Really good luck if you do decide on LT - there's loads of support here and as you can see from a lot of the members, weight loss is incredible and so motivating for us newbies.

Hi Shep I am on Day 2 at the moment :p and have always fallen off this diet, because I love my cup of tea. I decided to try black tea and if you don't leave the tea back in for long, then it is not bad at all and I don't feel like I am missing out.

Hi Shep.

I was the same with the water issue - i used to hate it and i never ever drank it.

Now i am drinking 4 litres a day and i love it!
It just takes time to adjust and you will find you need the water to keep hydrated and to try stop the dry mouth! :D

Hi Shep.

I was the same with the water issue - i used to hate it and i never ever drank it.

Now i am drinking 4 litres a day and i love it!
It just takes time to adjust and you will find you need the water to keep hydrated and to try stop the dry mouth! :D

Still don't think I could drink that much 4 pints a day is about my daily intake is that enough?????

The LT video says at least 2 litres a day and that's round about 4 pints. But also, more is loads better - helps with possible constipation, helps flush your kidneys out and get rid of toxins and - best of all - helps you feel full :)

It is on the LT website.

Once you start this diet your water intake will seriously increase! You will find you need more water. I had the same thoughts as you - right 2ltres a day i cant do no more but now look!

Hi Shep!!!!

Surprised to see you here!! :)

One thing you HAVE to have to do this is HUGE amounts of strength and determination. There is no muddling through - no substitutions. You do it 100% or not at all. You get your 3 shakes and you drink your water (your 4 pints would probably be JUST enough but you'll probably find you want more - AND you can count herbal, leaf only, and green tea into the total as you can count any water over 250mls that you make your shakes with) you can't have ANY juice or milk, not even a drop of lemon or lime.

And POSITIVELY NO ALCOHOL - it can be really dangerous when you're in ketosis!

You can be hungry in the first few days (I wasn't) but once you get into ketosis this goes away. The best way to combat it is more water (sorry)

It's hard Shep but it's soooooo worth it. I've just been working it out and you could lose everything you want to lose in about 10-12 weeks. That's what tempted me and I haven't regretted it for a moment. I think I've been lucky though. Other people seem to find it a much greater struggle/challenge than I do.

I think that may be something to do with my meditation experience, by that I mean I find it very easy to dismiss unwanted thoughts and to switch off from what is going on around me. So people eating near me - I go somewhere else in my head. Thoughts about food etc - I push them away and don't dwell on them.

I am relying on the fact that time flies and I'll soon be looking back at 10-12 weeks or however long it takes me. It's been that long since christmas and it seems like a few days ago.

You'll have watched the video (if you can call it that) by now I imagine - naff as it is, it IS quite helpful I think.

Good Luck whatever you decide! xxx

Hi there,

I'm a huge fan of LT and can't talk highly enough about it. However Cambridge diet is the same in that you have 3 shakes a day (although they have more variety and even a bar) you still wouldn't be allowed milk in your coffee but they do allow some special water flavouring.

That said I never drank much water before but now can get through 4 litres a day without thinking about it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi Shep!!!!

Surprised to see you here!! :)

One thing you HAVE to have to do this is HUGE amounts of strength and determination. There is no muddling through - no substitutions. You do it 100% or not at all. You get your 3 shakes and you drink your water (your 4 pints would probably be JUST enough but you'll probably find you want more - AND you can count herbal, leaf only, and green tea into the total as you can count any water over 250mls that you make your shakes with) you can't have ANY juice or milk, not even a drop of lemon or lime.

And POSITIVELY NO ALCOHOL - it can be really dangerous when you're in ketosis!

You can be hungry in the first few days (I wasn't) but once you get into ketosis this goes away. The best way to combat it is more water (sorry)

It's hard Shep but it's soooooo worth it. I've just been working it out and you could lose everything you want to lose in about 10-12 weeks. That's what tempted me and I haven't regretted it for a moment. I think I've been lucky though. Other people seem to find it a much greater struggle/challenge than I do.

I think that may be something to do with my meditation experience, by that I mean I find it very easy to dismiss unwanted thoughts and to switch off from what is going on around me. So people eating near me - I go somewhere else in my head. Thoughts about food etc - I push them away and don't dwell on them.

I am relying on the fact that time flies and I'll soon be looking back at 10-12 weeks or however long it takes me. It's been that long since christmas and it seems like a few days ago.

You'll have watched the video (if you can call it that) by now I imagine - naff as it is, it IS quite helpful I think.

Good Luck whatever you decide! xxx

hi Jan I know surprised myself but I have hit a wall and need something to boost me on, I have DC stock still and will go back to it, but I need something to start me off, will problably only do for a few weeks, to get me over this period. I have found i subsitute stuff in the DC and not always good things, so thought maybe take out of the equation and see how it goes. Popped and saw a friend who done lipotrim a long time ago and she said that she used the vanilla shake as a milk substitute in the coffee, just a sprinkle, might try that if come aboard. I am just so unsure about things at the mo I know I need to do something and need to do it now. Might look up and see if chemist nearby does it???

Have replied to pm now so won't go into it here as well but I will reitterate - you can't really go into it half-heartedly ....

Good Luck with whatever you decide. xx

Back