HELP! cant get a true wieght..

Discussion in 'General Weekly Weigh-In' started by rach-chavette, 16 September 2009 Social URL.

1. rach-chavette

rach-chavette Full Member

:wave_cry:Im either in wheelchair or on crutches and cannot get an accurate wieght on scales.. due to me balancing on the sticks..I only get wieghed properly at the hospital on a chair but thats every 3 months .. any ideas guys? much appreciated..
    Rachy x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    hmmm im not sure cant you ask your doctor if u can get weighed more ? x

4. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Hmm. Clearly handstands are the way forward ;)

Luckily some clever soul has come up with wheelchair scales. They aren't cheap by anyone's imagination - most are over £1,000, and the cheapest I've found are about £580. If you Google for wheelchair scales you'll find plenty of models and retailers, and I believe you should be able to get them VAT-free, as they would be a product specifically related to your disability.

The Coventry Scale company also do a chair scale for £465+VAT if you prefer.

Also as PiiNK suggests if you tell your doctor that you would like to be weighed more often so that you can chart your weight loss, they should be more than happy to help. All it should take are regular appointments with a staff nurse, over and done with in a minute.

I hope that helps!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.