Help... Chicken question lol

foxy_lox

Silver Member
I'm sure last time I posted on here it was a chicken question lol. Anyway I love to cook and fancy making a chicken dish but in a white or mushroom sauce. Any ideas on what I could use rather than white wine or cream lol. Hope this makes sense just fancied trying something new instead of everything being a red based sauce. Any ideas welcome in my head I have:-
Chicken (ddrrr)
Mushrooms
Onion
Celery
Carrot
Sliced Potatoes on the top like a casserole.
Now just need the sauce... :D Any ideas?

Chop it all up, fry 1 clove of garlic. carrot, celery and onion with Fry Light for a couple of minutes then add cubed chicken and mushrooms. Fry until chicken is sealed then add 142ml white wine (4.5 syns) and simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring to combine the juices. Remove from heat and add 2 tbsp Quark or 0% fat fromage frais - stir and serve.

You can also add 1tsp dijon mustard and use pork instead of chicken.

Sorry you can't cook it with the fromage frais in though coz it seperates [yuch!] so baking it with a potato topping is out I'm afraid

Hope this helps

Thank you so much this is defo what I had in mind! I just couldn't get my brain to work it out lol

I could also cook the sliced pots like chips and then add them at the end, thats great, thanks again.

Back