help confused on rice

poppyray

hey im on green day and i just had packet of savoury rice (i posted similar thing but i dont think it made sense and i dont know how to delete the other post so trying again) in the book it reads "all varieties made up as directed, dried, 100g cooked GREEN 1 SYN
does that mean 100g dried product is 1 syn or 100g of product after water added and cooked is one syn

so if a 160g packet makes up 400g after do you know what my syn count might be? this is the first time ive eaten packet rice on sw and its really confused me (which is easily done tbh)

if it says 100g cooked on the syn value it will be 1 syn for each 100g of cooked rice. The mention of dried just means from a dried packet of rice and not the micro pouch type savoury rices where the rice is already cooked I think. Unless it says just dried, then it will be the syn value for dried (uncooked) weight

What make of savoury rice is it? as different makes can vary greatly in syns

I think most of the batchelor's varieties are free, when made with just water.

If it isn't batchelor's then I would post the name of the one you are using and the full nutritional information as given on the packet, including the weight for that nutritional information and someone can work out the syns for you.

hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
It is, but does anyone know if there easy cook rice is free on a green day. Was wondering about this the other day. I know other dried rice is, but wonder if anyone can answer this question that for some reason just bobbed into my mind, thank you

Back