Help day 2 - book not arrived please tell me if i have this right?

EmmaMum

Hi everyone

Only started Atkins yesterday and I am soooo confused, do I have this right?

1. Unlimited meat, fish (but beware ham, bacon, sausage as may have carbs/sugar)

2. Unlimited eggs

3. 2-3 ounces of cheese do I include the carb content of thsi into my daily 18g allowance

4. 18g of carbs - now this is where I am confused is thsi just the carbs I get from veg etc or is it from everything ie cheese, sausage etc?

5. Cream - how much can I have on induction?

6. Jelly - can I have it or not

Sorry people I know its a lot but I have trawled websites all weekend but still find it very confusing. Hope you can help

Thanks hun
xx

Hi and welcome, so are you less confused now?

A bit!! haha still not sure on the jelly? and I think i am best not having cream at all is that right?

Cream is fine, providing it's not got sugar in it, but I'd steer clear of the jelly and stuff initially.

So do i just count the carbs in the cream into my daily 18g? and the same with sausage?

Yes, you can get some very low carb sausages, go back a couple of pages and you'll see a sausage thread. :)

Thanks ever so much Jim xx

It does have carbs so long as you count them you can have 3-4 tbsp on induction. Double has less carbs than single and don't have elmlea
xx

ah yes, you must count the carbs in everything. Elmlea is bad than emma's mum?

Hi Laura

I am getting the hang of it now lost 3lb the first week was a little dissapointed as after 3 days I lost 4lb then put one back on!! Have been tweaking it cos not sure why I am not loosing enough today am not having sausage and knocked jelly on the head a few days ago too

xx

Back