Help! Hair loss!!

Having said that at least I can now put my hair up without looking like a hunchback because I'm very top heavy and used to have a really fat back and shoulders and wore my hair loose to cover them - they don't look so bad anymore!!

Hi Serena...

just had a peek at your pics!! WOW! Mrs! What a transformation - you look great!!!!!!!!! Really pretty!

Well done!!!

:)

Aww thanks, you look pretty damn hot yourself :)

Will sign off this thread now before I hijack it any further (sorry). Always feel a bit guilty about posting on another plan's forum - although I see LL as kind of a parallel universe to CD and love reading everyone's posts :D

Hairdresser said...............

Don't worry. It's growing back.

For moost of abstinence my hair, nails and skin have been fab.
Then in the last month they have all started to suffer a bit.
When I had my hair cut just before Christmas the hairdresser said it's because I was getting near my goal weight and didn't have a lot of reserves stored now tp go round everything so the body concentrates on the esssentials like
brain, heartand other organs, concentration, ability to walk,talk etc etc .
She has come across it with other people who have lost a lot of weight.
She also showed me the new hairs growing through and said it will be back to normal when I reintroduce food.
Makes sense to me. But all in all it is a small price to pay and I haven't gone bald!

anna, my hair started falling out as soon as i went into rtm!! im starting week 5 today, and have to say although i have lost LOADS it is slowing down now and not as much is faling out.
i refused to get worried, but just rolled with it!!

dont worry hun, itll grow back xx

Thanks Catz - I will plod on and just hope I don't go bald! Hehehe. I'm thinking of it as punishment for all my lapsing... ANOTHER reason to get my butt in gear. Woop woop! (Saying that, it will all be great again and then I'll start RTM and bang... out it comes again... maybe I should just shave it?)

Anna
x

Serena - did you take those tablets while in Abstinence? I bought some today and (note Anna!) they contain grape extract and quite a few other things. I was wondering if they could knock you out of ketosis.

Yes I did/do have them in Abstinence. Our CDC tests us each week for ketosis and I am always well into the pink each time despite having CD water flavourings and bars as part of my plan and not stopping drinking hours before my WI i.e. I'm not dehydrated! As I understand it the grape extract and other bits are the elements of the tablet that help your skin, nails, hair etc rather than the extra vits as such.

I went into Boots earlier and looked at the Skin, Hair and Nails pills (I need help with all three if truth be told)... my only question is:

Is there any problem with essentially taking a multivitamin AS WELL as the foodpacks? Will it upset my system??

Anna x

Sorry I don't know the official answer to that one but personally I have experienced no ill effects (have been taking them from the beginning of October). Hopefully it's not much different from somebody eating a relatively healthy diet and taking a multivitamin aswell??

Back