Help? Hit a real plateau and don't know what to do

Alexie

I've been sticking to plan 100% apart from 2 meals (dads birthday and sisters birthday!) but for the last month all I have done is go between 13st 2lb and 13st 8lb. I just can't seem to get under 13st 2lb and it's making me want to just give up :( What could the reason be? Is it just not working?

Try a week of success express, do a search on here and there is quite a recent thread about it. Do you go to group? If so what does you c say?
Other thing is to go back to basics, do you weigh/ measure healthy extras? Do you double check syns and weigh things that need weighing for syns? Are you having 1/3 superfree at every meal? X

Also maybe try a week of different meals on whichever plan you're on. Our C mentions that people should shake things up a bit if things slow down as you can get into a bit of a rut with things. So if you are on EE look at your book and choose some different speed and super speed foods to have as your superfree and find some very different recipes to go along with your 1/3.

Few people at my group have been doing this, so they decided to mix everything up. They changed everything they ate such as having different things for meals and eating variety of superfree foods, and the losses have been fantastic!! One woman had been more or less staying the same since I joined in march and she's gone and lost about 4lb the last 2 weeks. Another woman did it and lost 4lb last week!! I'd say look at what you eat and see what you can mix up, even try one of the other plans. Original is meant to be amazing for losses?

I say this a lot but it works ... Lower your carbs. Cut out all white carbs such as bread, pasta and rice. Eat only 3 times a day - no snacking.

This will jolt you again - guaranteed

GretaGrip said:
I say this a lot but it works ... Lower your carbs. Cut out all white carbs such as bread, pasta and rice. Eat only 3 times a day - no snacking.

This will jolt you again - guaranteed

That's not really how SW works. The OP won't be resting any white bread anyway if she sticks to plan anyway, and there's. Nothing wrong with either pasta or rice in moderation as part of a varied diet.

OP - make sure you get your super free in, and drink loads of water. Eat till you're full & don't starve yourself.

No offence taken : ) I'm very aware of how SW works.

The poster of this thread wanted advice. I gave mine. If she chooses to carry on as she is or introduce some more fruit or whatever then I hope her weight loss kick starts whatever

From a scientific point of view (not officially, just my understanding of science) if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight; if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight and; if you consume the same number of calories than you burn you will stay the same. Therefore you must be consuming the same number of calories you are burning and there is only two ways round this: consume less calories or burn more! (Interestingly you burn more calories the less you weigh so as you lose weight you need to eat less - less calories that is, not necessarily volume!) How you do this is up to you.

As others have said, introduce more superfree foods, perhaps lower your syns by 2 or 3, but make sure you don't go below 5. Another idea might be to step up any exercise you do - if you don't exercise at all now would be a great time to start. Something simple like a walk round the block, do some star jumps in the adverts whilst watching TV, go swimming, ride a bike - anything to get moving. Finally have a big drink of water before each meal, this will fill you up and you won't eat as much (thirst can sometimes be confused with hunger). Finally remember variety is the spice of life!

Good Luck
Natt xx

From a scientific point of view (not officially, just my understanding of science) if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight; if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight and; if you consume the same number of calories than you burn you will stay the same. Therefore you must be consuming the same number of calories you are burning and there is only two ways round this: consume less calories or burn more! (Interestingly you burn more calories the less you weigh so as you lose weight you need to eat less - less calories that is, not necessarily volume!) How you do this is up to you.

As others have said, introduce more superfree foods, perhaps lower your syns by 2 or 3, but make sure you don't go below 5. Another idea might be to step up any exercise you do - if you don't exercise at all now would be a great time to start. Something simple like a walk round the block, do some star jumps in the adverts whilst watching TV, go swimming, ride a bike - anything to get moving. Finally have a big drink of water before each meal, this will fill you up and you won't eat as much (thirst can sometimes be confused with hunger). Finally remember variety is the spice of life!

Good Luck
Natt xx

Brilliant advice ;o)

Thank you everyone. I'm sorry I didn't come back and post but I have read everyone's replies and have taken them on board. I have started power walking and I have also joined the gym! I switched from EE to original/green days and have lost 6lb!! I am so happy. I haven't been a member of this forum for very long but thank you to all of you who took the time to offer me some guidance. xx

Yes switching is often a good idea. Thats the beauty (well one of them) of S W, so much choice within 3 different plans. Red,green,ee the choice is yours. Many will think there is only ee, but there are 3 lovely plans so there is always a plan which suits everyone. :) :)

Back