HELP I'M EATING TOO MUCH

I am one of those that limits baked beans & yogurt - in as much as i stop eating when i am full. I don't think anyone on here has suggested you limit foods if you are genuinely hungry.

So, baring in mind the fact i am one of terrible people who limits certain free foods, i agree with the above posters - you haven't eaten too much. You've had a good balance of free & superfree so don't panic.

I am one of those that limits baked beans & yogurt - in as much as i stop eating when i am full. I don't think anyone on here has suggested you limit foods if you are genuinely hungry.

So, baring in mind the fact i am one of terrible people who limits certain free foods, i agree with the above posters - you haven't eaten too much. You've had a good balance of free & superfree so don't panic.

I wasn't suggesting that people have been misadvising I just meant in this particular case I think LMD has read other people's posts about what they find they need to limit -personally - and has been worried that this should apply to everyone. It's easily done given that's it's her first week and is relatively new to the sw forum. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers I was just concerned about LMD from what I've seen in other posts.

LoChan1984 said:
I wasn't suggesting that people have been misadvising I just meant in this particular case I think LMD has read other people's posts about what they find they need to limit -personally - and has been worried that this should apply to everyone. It's easily done given that's it's her first week and is relatively new to the sw forum. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers I was just concerned about LMD from what I've seen in other posts.
Its fine hun. Stuff gets lost in translation on a forum, so it did rather look like you were implying that limiting free foods was a bad thing, but i get it wasn't what you were getting at. Thing is. Its basic common sense - you can't eat piles of free food until you are completely stuffed & expect to loose weight - you can eat as much as you need to feel full, as long as you have 1/3rd superfree & loose weight. Its a subtle but important distinction that its worth any newbies understanding early on - i've lost count of the number of newbies who have made the mistake of eating too much free food (me included!).

But - to the original poster - you aren't eating too much so don't worry!

If you look at what others eat in a day, then you have nthing to worry about, except getting more superfree fruit and veg in. Also, remember that with some people too many bananas in a day without lots of water can bloat or even cause constipation. Don't gett me wrong bananas are fab and really good, but try other fruit too.

This is what I had by lunch today:
Breakfast - 28g crunchy bran, grapes, banana, fat free plain yoghurt
Snack - 1/4 globe melon, grapes
Lunch - slice of home made spanish omelette with toms, onions, pots, peppers and salad of leaves, peppers, toms, celery, cucumber.

Plus at least 1litre of water.

a girl joined my group about 5 weeks ago, she was of little faith that she could eat so much and lose so my C challenged her to eat as much as she wanted to "prove the plan wrong"

week 1 -9.5lbs (1/2 st award)
week 2 -6lbs (1st award)
week 3 -2lbs
week 4 -5lbs (1 1/2 st award)
week 5 -3lbs

it works, just give it a chance, if you are hungry eat and dont feel guilty about it!

let us know how you weigh in goes

pixislim said:
If you look at what others eat in a day, then you have nthing to worry about, except getting more superfree fruit and veg in. Also, remember that with some people too many bananas in a day without lots of water can bloat or even cause constipation. Don't gett me wrong bananas are fab and really good, but try other fruit too.

This is what I had by lunch today:
Breakfast - 28g crunchy bran, grapes, banana, fat free plain yoghurt
Snack - 1/4 globe melon, grapes
Lunch - slice of home made spanish omelette with toms, onions, pots, peppers and salad of leaves, peppers, toms, celery, cucumber.

Plus at least 1litre of water.

Did you mean 42g of crunchy bran? Wouldn't want you missing out :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Agree that your menu looks fine :)

I have the "stop when your full" issue to work on myself so can empathise with some if the posters advice x

Anyway, you seem to be doing ok :)

lsf666 said:
Did you mean 42g of crunchy bran? Wouldn't want you missing out :)

Nope. I actually meant 21g. I tend to have half a hexb of cereal and half later (1 small slice of bread) with my dinner. I can't eat 42g cereal plus yog and fruit. I'd pop!!!! :-D

pixislim said:
Nope. I actually meant 21g. I tend to have half a hexb of cereal and half later (1 small slice of bread) with my dinner. I can't eat 42g cereal plus yog and fruit. I'd pop!!!! :-D

I never thought of that? I have 42g with yoghurt' milk and a banana a few times a week!!! But not as much fruit I guess :)

Back