help! I'm failing :(

beckiieboop

Hey guys,
I need help - a slap round the face might do the trick!

Last week my OH had the week off work and although we're both on the diet, things went pear shaped.
We went to drayton manor and ended up eating, to which then ended up with us cooking a curry on the night and I ate til I felt sick, that's not all though, the following evening he talked me into ordering chinese. By Saturday I'd piled on 5lbs, I'm back to 10st 11lb now though. I just feel so disappointed in myself. We're supposed to be supporting each other not tempting each other with food!

Anyway, on Friday we're off to Alton Towers and I'm scared of the same thing happening again. I've lost all will power, but I don't want to put the pounds back on, I NEED to break the habit of giving in to temptaion. :(

Aww, sorry that you are feeling bad about having a bit of a break from the diet. I know how disappointing it is to regain what was previously lost (6 stones worth!)
If you get back on track, the weight will come off again.
Good luck in making the choices that will make you feel good. x

Thanks hun, I know its dropped back off but its the idea that I could have lost 2/3lbs in that week, instead I let myself down and have stayed the same. You learn from your mistakes though, I just need to stay strong!x

Im practising resisting using the Beck diet book, theres lots of ways as its a hard thing to do!
at the moment Im working on 'not clearing my plate' Im practising this by adding things to my plate Im not allowed and practising not eating them, then telling myself well done afterwards -its a trick from the book.
Theres loads in there its probably worth reading, I do really struggle.

But, you've obviously got so far already, what has kept you going all this time that you've started to loose?
take whatever feelings kept you on track before and use them to help you now.
Its a hard diet and sometimes we go wrong, but its all about getting back on track again. And if you want to have foods, try to moderate it.

Ive found myself 'accidentally' eating things then feeling so bad that I go extra hard on myself and then just get fed up.

Make yourself a plan for your trip, be realistic, if you think you want to/will eat things, plan what they will be, set rules and then if you're tempted to go overboard tell yourself 'that wasnt the plan!'

hope this helps!

Thank you, that really helps! I'm just worried because the only thing I can really take with me is a bar, I could take a shake too but the water will be warm and dont like my shakes warm. I do know they do sandwiches, jacket potatoes, salads etc in one place there so if worst comes to worst... Its better than munching into a burger or pizza I guess! X

I think I would take some bars and plan to eat some non-sachet food, keep the portions small as poss, avoid carbs as much as possible. If you were to eat some cheese for example; it wouldnt be as bad as eating rice or something carby.
see how you go, if you eat carbs, keep as small as possible and it might not have such a bad effect.
Remember to be fair to yourself and if you go wrong just think 'Im human, made a mistake but now Im ready to carry back on' going slightly off track is nowhere near as bad as not even trying at all and never losing the weight!

And thats what I have to remind myself as Ive come off my diet too many times!

Back