Help I'm stuck on a plateau ;o(

Trash

Still fighting
Hi all

I've been doing Weight Watchers since Aug 08 and lost 24lb's that was by 16th Dec taking my weight too 12st 6 then had a week off over xmas and put on 2.5 lb's - since then I've been gaining and losing same old pound every other week!

I still have 1 and half stones to go to get to target but its getting me down seriously! to have lost nothing in over 10 weeks.

I've upped my exercise
I've changed my meals i.e. mixed them up tried diff things.
i'm drinking 2.5 litre's of water a day as before
I've tried having high and low days
Ive changed to Slimming world for a while but no change there!

Can anyone else advise on what else i can try?

hey Tracey - not sure what to advise - sounds like you're doin all the right things.....:confused:

if you're now on SW, could you maybe cut out your syns ? if you're on WW, make sure you're pointing everything (including drinks) that goes into your mouth......

hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be along in a mo with some help....

don't give up - you've done brilliantly so far.....I'm sure the weight will start to move again soon.....

Debz xx

Thanks Debz

I have decided to go back to WW as its easier and I know it works as thats how I lost in first place. I don't drink anything apart from water and 1st cup of tea in morn and last thing and night!

Its so frustrating - wouldn't mind if it had only been 3 weeks of it but 10 weeks and counting is getting silly.

i#m wondering if a diet break might be appropriate - but only for a week as I don't want to run the risk of not wanting to get back into it ;oO

Thanks for replying x

Thanks Debz

I have decided to go back to WW as its easier and I know it works as thats how I lost in first place. I don't drink anything apart from water and 1st cup of tea in morn and last thing and night!

Its so frustrating - wouldn't mind if it had only been 3 weeks of it but 10 weeks and counting is getting silly.

i#m wondering if a diet break might be appropriate - but only for a week as I don't want to run the risk of not wanting to get back into it ;oO

Thanks for replying x

a break could do the job.....I remember years back hearing about WW 'the wendy plan'.....where you vary your points each day but end up over the week with the right amount...s'posed to give better losses...probably a bit like the Johnson's up day down day diet (where you eat more / less on different days) - maybe your body's got used to the amount that you're eating....maybe cut right back for a couple of days and then increase ?? or vice versa.....

that probably doesn't make much sense :rolleyes:

hopefully you know what I mean.....:eek:

anyhow....good luck - will be keepin an eye out for ya !

Debz xx

I was at a plateua too, I just stuck to the diet everyday and excersise every week, and it went, although my weight yoyoed for a while before that because I didnt go to the gym, or I went off the diet for a while...

I was at a plateua too, I just stuck to the diet everyday and excersise every week, and it went, although my weight yoyoed for a while before that because I didnt go to the gym, or I went off the diet for a while...

Hi - How long were you stuck for? was it as long as 10 weeks plus?

Sometimes our bodies get used to the exercise we are doing. Do you do the same thing every time you exercise? We need to change it about a bit just to give our bodies a change. Maybe change how you exercise; I don't know what you do so can't make any siggestions as to what to change it to but I think you know what I mean!

Also try walking everywhere, I'm trying this and its a pain because I have to get up earlier to make sure I'm on time (and I LOVE my sleep) but it seems to be working!

I also think the suggestion about changing your food intake, varying the amount you eat to more some days and less on others, is a really good idea!

Good Luck xXx

Thanks for that - I generally do aerobics twice a week and brisk walking 3 times a week!
Am hoping now weather is nicer to start jogging too inbetween walking so I don't over do it!

I've started muddling up my meals also to help and was told most importantly to change my breakfast routine - as I've been havin oats so simple since i started this diet over 6 months ago (previously couldn't face breakfast at all) so fingers crossed! I will report back on this post if it works or not so it may help people in future x

Just thought i'd report back for anyone else who may be struggling to loose!
I've changed my exercise from walking to the walk/run and had lots of diff breakfast choices and at WI this week i lost 2lb's ;o))

Hi Trash, I have been struggling since before christmas reading all the above posts I think will really help me as I tend to eat the same breakfast & lunch everyday also have been doing the same exercise, so from this week I am going to try different things and vary my exercise a bit more. I have been following my own healthy eating with exercise plan since April 26th last year ( a long time I know for some of you but I think slow is the best way) so far i have lost 41 pounds a lb off this week has taken me just 1lb away from 3st off! I am desperate to get into 14st's I know that will spur me on again. I seemed to be doing great until Christmas when i put on 4lb which at the time I didn't think was too bad 9 (past weight gain at xmas would prob have been 1/2 a stone) but I have had a terrible struggle since then 1lb or 2 on or off each week. Just got to be good over Easter and up my exercise which i should be able to do with 2 weeks off work!! Here's to the next 2 weeks;-)

Hi Karen, you have done brill so far and on your own wow ;o)

I lost another 3lb last week which is fantastic considering 10 weeks of virtually nothing previously. As I said all I did was change my breakfasts i.e. had diff things as much as poss each day of week and do diff exercise! I'm not banking on much happening on scales this week as was a bit naughty at wk end - but 5lb's in 2 weeks is great and I'm ok with a sts or even a pound gain this week if I know that I will continue to lose after ;o)

Let me know how you get on as I know how disheartening in can be not to see your hardwork paying off on the scales wk after wk xxx

Back