Help!moral Support Needed I Am Going To Fall Off The Wagon :(

Pixie :)

So good to log in tonight and see you are sounding more upbeat and positive again. That's the way to crack it girl!!!!

Remember....the scales are NOT the only measure of your achievements ;) :D

Lacey xx

:D

It made my day yesterday cos somebody I hadnt seen since before xmas said I was shrinking away before her eyes!
She said she couldn't believe how fab I looked which was a massive boost :D
Hope everyone else is still going on ok?
x

Hi Pix,

There you go now!!!

Someone who you have not seen in a while can see the difference!!!

This is big motivation and will keeping you going and I am very impressed with all the good advice that this thread has generated about comparing yourself to others weight loss.

The weight does come off and some times it does seem slower than other times, but we will get there.:)

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Pix, so glad you are feeling more up beat hun. What a bonus that someone has noticed how well you are doing, and you are doing fantastically!!!! Bet you have a grin from ear to ear!!!!

Something I have found really odd is that my two best mates, both never had weight problems and are always in control are really being so supportive and totally understand the programme, they are genuinley interested. My other close mates, that are on the larger side, infact a bit bigger than I was, have not said a word, they ignore the fact i am trying so hard an just laugh at me for drinking water. I thought it would be the other way round!! One of them even came to WW with me at one point!!!!

anyway, sorry, I diverse.........Good luck this week babe xxxxx

Thanks guys we WILL get there Mini!
Thats weird eh Toots?
Perhaps the larger friends are worried you will be leaving them behind when you are a skinny jim!
O r maybe it is forcing them to think about their own issues with food?
x

What a lovely bit of news, Pixie. I was just feeling a bit fed up because I think it feels like a Thursday but it's only Tuesday, and your post has really cheered me up!

I think Pixie has hit the nail on the head with her perceptive comments, Tootsie. It could be that they do feel a bit threatened by your new resolve, your new shape, your new focus. The dynamics of your group will probably change as you do, and this could be a worry for them.

I think if you asked them, they would deny there was a problem, and indeed I feel that on a conscious level they may not even be aware themselves how they feel. I wonder though that when they are alone, they think about what you're doing and (a) wish they could have the courage to do it or (b) feel agrieved that you have put them in an uncomfortable position - having to address their own weight problem.

I am sure that if you continue to be the lovely friend you undoubtably are, they will eventually come round and accept the changes.

I think your right Pixie and AJ, it's just a little frustrating! The dynamics of us girls as a group has already changed. I used to be life and sole with a few wines under my belt and really enjoyed their company. Now, however, being sober when speaking to them I find conversation a bit of a struggle as they go over the same thing time and time again. in my head i am screaming at them to "move on". the trouble is they are very insular when it comes to their social life, they don't like to do anything different, just sit in the same old chair, in the same old pubs, where as i have found a whole new lease of life and am going bowling, riding and SHOPPING (something I have hated previously, not the stereotypical woman!!!)

AJ, I do think I am making them take a look at themselves, not intentionally obviously! Maybe they will be some of my first clients, you never know!!!!!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread Pixie :eek: :eek:

Hope you are O.K today....

:D The more the merrier Toots!
I think they are worried that you may force them to join your new life when they are not ready yet as they are not as confident as you.
They are probably worried they will lose you unless they follow you to the new places but are too scared to go as they dont feel happy with themselves.
x

Hey Pixie - glad you've broken through the crisis. I lost 0.5lbs this week when I REALLY needed to lose more as I have been really truely struggling recently. Previous two weeks I lost 2lbs each week. Up until now I've been losing at least 3lbs a week. Looks like the easy ride is over for me. I have resolved NOT to look at the scales next week in an attempt to try not to let the numbers throw me. What else can I do apart from eat absolutely nothing at all and just die?!?!? :D

I do actually feel thinner though - God my body is weird... :D

We can do this, I know we can.

Hey Pixie - glad you've broken through the crisis. I lost 0.5lbs this week when I REALLY needed to lose more as I have been really truely struggling recently. Previous two weeks I lost 2lbs each week. Up until now I've been losing at least 3lbs a week. Looks like the easy ride is over for me. I have resolved NOT to look at the scales next week in an attempt to try not to let the numbers throw me. What else can I do apart from eat absolutely nothing at all and just die?!?!? :D

I do actually feel thinner though - God my body is weird... :D

We can do this, I know we can.

We must we must!
Sorry to hear u r feeling bad too
But at least you FEEL thinner :D

Wow you have done so well already, I am soooo envious. I have only just started really being on the diet for 3 weeks and this is my 4th week. I lost 3lbs last week and was upset thinking I would lose more but my mate reassured me that she only lost 1lb or 2lbs for ages and then she would have a 5lb loss then go back to small amounts and that this was comp normal - I will agree with everyone before me who quite rightly said that everyone loses weight differently, some are slower at first then speed up and reverse so don't worry you have plenty of time and as you've done soooo well I am 100% certain that you will make your target and get into your dress. Good luck and if I can help in support at any time please just shout. When's the big day?

Wow you have done so well already, I am soooo envious. I have only just started really being on the diet for 3 weeks and this is my 4th week. I lost 3lbs last week and was upset thinking I would lose more but my mate reassured me that she only lost 1lb or 2lbs for ages and then she would have a 5lb loss then go back to small amounts and that this was comp normal - I will agree with everyone before me who quite rightly said that everyone loses weight differently, some are slower at first then speed up and reverse so don't worry you have plenty of time and as you've done soooo well I am 100% certain that you will make your target and get into your dress. Good luck and if I can help in support at any time please just shout. When's the big day?
Hi Mandz!
Thanks for your words of support,

Its on the 28th of July!

x

Back