Help! My CDC is ill and I cant get my order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it was suggested you should knock on her door till she answers, oh my god, aren't cdc's allowed to be ill????

Of course they are allowed to be ill:eek: But if someone managed to get themselves to the door to post a message stating that, I feel sure they could have managed to add another sentence on about how the client can get their packs. After all, why on earth should the client suffer because the CDC is ill??:confused:

So glad it's been sorted linzi-lou

There is a difference sticking a note on the door than having to get up and see customers, i agree its not ideal, course its not but people get ill. Also, don't know about you but i don't think properly when i'm ill, we all live and learn huh? We've all been there and the very last thing you need are people hounding you - CDC or not. Do you think people at cd head office go to work if they are ill? Also i bet customers cancel late on when they are poorly.

Do you think people at cd head office go to work if they are ill? Also i bet customers cancel late on when they are poorly.

If I'm supplying the persons food....something they can't get anywhere else, then yes, they should make alternative arrangements.

I should expect that the people at cd head office phone in when sick and have someone else to cover them if needs be.

We aren't talking about filing being delayed a day or two. We're talking about their food:confused:

So...if you are doing fantastically well on your diet, would you be happy to pack it all in because your CDC wasn't feeling well?

On another note GD. I was thinking about my brother today. He used to argue about everything anyone said when he got home from work. One day I said to him "I bet you spend all day thinking about how to debate black is white" and he agreed.

I have no idea why I keep thinking about that that when I read your messages on this board:confused: ;)

Thats funny, made me smile. Weird how having a differing opinion can ruck a few feathers :)

Think we have to agree to disagree, as Linzi-Lou said her area's not as rich in cdc's as other area's so maybe its not possible for the cdc in question.

Weird how having a differing opinion can ruck a few feathers :)

Ah, my feather are 'rucked' at all :D

Yours might be if I got rid of all the food in the house, and shut down all the local shops....because I was feeling poorly though ;)

I think you should buy more then you need and stock up a few days, that's what I've got - I've got about 4 days worth more than I need. It makes me feel calm :p

Last edited:
Reactions: KD
Of course CDC's get ill. I think the point KD was making is that a note on the door is hardly the best way of getting the message to clients. I am currently pregnant and I have told all my clients if I am unable to see them at any time I will call them or send a text message if unable to get through. I also ensure all my clients have 4 extra sachets, usually a day-and-a-bit's worth of food so if something does happen they are covered until either I can see them or they find an alternative CDC.

Just read through this again.

Maybe her husband stuck the note on the door on his way to work or to get her medicine or something. No one knows the extent of the illness and here you all are slating her when in reality no one knows just how ill she might be.

What next? A thread titled "My CDC has selfishly decided to die?"

What next? A thread titled "My CDC has selfishly decided to die?"

No luck there either GD :D

On my board there is a list of phone numbers for each day that I have people come...along with their telephone numbers.

He knows that one of the first things he has to do in the case of me going to the angels (or otherwise), is to phone the ambulance, then phone those numbers.

I've been teaching piano for years....it's happened twice (not me visiting the angels :D...but been rushed by ambulance twice). Each time that plan has worked perfectly.:cool:

Is it too much trouble for piano students to come and find they don't have a lesson. Nah...but why should they have to? For Cambridge clients it's much more important that they can get hold of their food.

LOL at GD and KD!!! Bit like a tennis match - my head is going backwards and forwards between you two!

I have ME and sometimes have to cancel my clients ... rarely - they just get to look at me looking like death warmed up instead - plus side of that is they don't want to eat anyway once they leave! However I've always made arrangements one way or other so they are not incovenienced. Family members/friends are not allowed to weigh/measure/sell CD to clients - but if they let me know what they want and I have it ready then they can pick up and run. Thankfully this has happened on only a couple of occasions.

I totally agree with KD.

Ok - we dont know the full story, but on the assumption that it was the cdc that put the note up, she or her partner/friend whatever, could have called the people who were due that day.

its basic customer service, not rocket science!

I would be well annoyed to a) not get a call and b) not get my food. How is it ok to not provide someone with food is beyond me.

When i go to wi on fri i'm going to get a couple of days extra just in case, although there is another cdc about 30 miles away from me (and i drive). so i could cope. if this happened to me, but i would be complaining to HO if she didn't bother to contact me or offer alternative arrangements.

being a cdc is a very responsible position to be in, peoples nutrition is 100% up to them for those on SS, and even if she just made arrangements for the ss clients that were due (surely she's not that busy that it would have been more than a handful at the most) it would have been better.

and the fact that she is in fact better the very next day, makes me think is was most likely not that serious, its not like she was suddenly taken to hosp - heaven forbid, although we have seen that can be arranged for too by KD.

when you take on the responsibility of not just your own business, but also the welfare of others, there HAS to be a plan b, its irresponsible not to.

I had my own home retail business for a few years and I fell ill a lot (before being diagnoised and treated for fibro) and even just for odd household items - I would call people if i could not keep to my delivery schedule, and we are talking cleaning products, and toilet roll holders and magazine racks here - not food, not nutrition.

ooooh I'm on my soap box now. ;)

please GD, tell us you have no plans of being a CDC??? and if you ever do, please, please send people away with far more food than they need - just in case.

that said and rant over, very happy it has all been sorted out, and perhaps a quiet word to cdc concerned would not go a miss... something like 'WTF!!! were you thinking woman!' ;)

I do love a good debate, if we didn't question what we take as 'normal' there would never have been any progress in the world! :D

Last edited:
I used to travel 50 miles each way when I was on CD. I would not have been happy to get there and find a note on the door. Thank goodness we have a lot of sensible CDCs out there.

Irene xx

Haha I think I 'might' just be able to forgive my CDC if she decided to die (without telling me first) like I said, I have 4 days in stock so if she did drop dead, it would give me time to find another :D

I have a friend who is a CDC and she was ill a few weeks back, nothing serious just flu but it left her feeling tired and exhausted, but she made every effort to see her CD'ers........ and this is where this "Customer Service" part annoys me....... the number of people that cancelled or didn't turn up made me angry for her. Some even had the audacity to phone up AFTER they were due to arrive demanding to rearrange appointments..... So why should a counsellor have to put up with that, you can bet your life if they had bothered to turn up and she wasn't able to see them, they would have created merry hell.

and this is where this "Customer Service" part annoys me....... the number of people that cancelled or didn't turn up made me angry for her. Some even had the audacity to phone up AFTER they were due to arrive demanding to rearrange appointments.....

But you miss the point. So very annoying that is (I agree), she has got the right to say 'shop shuts at x time' as long as they know beforehand that is.

If your only source of food was a certain shop, and you arrived 10 minutes after closing time, then tough.

But...if you arrive at a time they've promised to be open, and they say..."sorry...no food for today and we are not sure when", then I guess you'd be a tad peeved.

the number of people that cancelled or didn't turn up made me angry for her

So it makes you angry that people cancelled or didn't turn up to your friend but its okay for a CDC to stick a note up for her clients who had taken the time to go to her house, in effect cancelling with the client/not being available to client. Isn't that a bit contradictory?

I'm totally against CDC's letting clients down - and it is true that I have many clients who will cancel after they should have been with me, not turn up etc etc etc. I am not chuffed by that, but look on it as a hazzard of the job - as hairdressers/dentists/Doctors etc do. Some CDC's have been known to charge a small fee when starting up and if you don't turn up they keep the deposit. I could never be bothered with the hassle of that. I think in the long run it is about communication on both sides. We all forget things and appointments - if it's genuine ring up and apologise. But as with this CDC to cause someone to turn up knowing you are not going to be able to see them is wrong - ring/email before.

So customers can cancel whenever they want but woe betide the counsellor who doesn't know in advance that he/she is going to be ill? I know in a perfect world every counsellor would have a "back up plan" but the world isn't perfect.....

Also, as for being contradictory i do not think so. I said it was not an ideal situation, but sometime's thing's cannot be helped. I never stated that the counsellor was correct in what she did.

I know in a perfect world every counsellor would have a "back up plan" but the world isn't perfect.....

But I think it's got to be hasnt it? You and I are talking as two non CDC's and we have got many CDC's responding. If someone decide's to be a CDC then they must have a back up plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back