Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Help - not losing much weight

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by rubytuesday22, 12 August 2010 Social URL.

1. rubytuesday22

rubytuesday22 Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Help! I am feeling very fed up, started off 6 weeks ago and lost 4lbs first few weeks, not great but I thought 'its weight off'. But now for the last two weeks I have only lost 2lbs each week. WHY? I am following the diet strictly and now feel like giving up especially as this week I have done a jam fitness class and had a family sports day in which I was a very active participant!
    Any suggestions as to why would be greatly received. :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spinoza

Spinoza Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    VLCD (for now)
    Ruby you've lost a stone and a half in six weeks - that's what you're supposed to! But there are a million reasons you could have had a couple of lower than average weekly losses. You know this. You just need to take a step back and appreciate it.

Some people just lose weight more slowly than others, you might be retaining fluid for some reason, you could be building up a bit of muscle with your activities, you could be cheating a tiny bit, plus a million others.

Give yourself another week petal, don't get disheartened. Go and look at the before and after slideshow, or read some of the diaries for inspiration, or look at the figures in the sig of the big losers here (LOL) - they always have slow weeks in there somewhere. That works for me. :)

Don't give up, you're doing really well, it just doesn't feel like it atm.

4. milkshakejunkie

milkshakejunkie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world and lots of excersise
    I dont mean to be too noisy and please if you think its non of my buisness just please say so. But i was wondering if your periods are normal or are you in any type of contraception. im asking because abnormal men cycles and some contraceptions causes abnormal hormone balance which one of symtoms holds on to alot of fluids. again i do apoligise if i offended you by asking an embarrasing question just egnore me if you are xxx

5. milkshakejunkie

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    sorry the last sentence was supose to be "if you do" not if you are. bloody hell i talk too much lol xx

6. rubytuesday22

rubytuesday22 Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Hi thanks for quick replies.
    To answer waterworks, Thanks for the encouragement, it helps.
    I have not cheated one bit and have felt very proud of myself when all around are eating cream cakes! I will stick it out and see what next week brings. Thanks

To Milkshakejunkie, I think your question might be very relevant as I am actually going through the menopause and certainly have mood swings etc, so thanks for your concern and encouragement. I will stick it out and see what next week brings.

7. milkshakejunkie

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    i apoligise, i assumed you were 22?? i think it was because i seen your username, thats why i asked that question sorry

8. rubytuesday22

rubytuesday22 Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Hi

Pleased to say with all your encouragement I stuck the diet out for another week and have lost 4lbs this week. Very pleased! Thanks again for your words of encouragement.

9. Spinoza

Spinoza Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    VLCD (for now)
    Yay! You're brilliant! Roll on next week...:D

10. yummymummynot

yummymummynot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Ruby

Keep it up - you are doing great. Stick with it - you are getting there.

11. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Well done for not giving up. Everyone will lose weight at different rates. Overall it should average at a stone a month. Also take your measurements. Whislt you have a few weeks of not losing much, you may very well notice an inch loss.
    I had several weeks of low losses or STS and was gutted as I was 100% all the way but I had to learn to have patience and it paid off as the losses averaged at the stone per month after all.
    Stay strong and keep at it.

12. spyro2008

spyro2008 I will never give up

Start Weight:
    17st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.8lb(5.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world ee
    well done your weight loss is still great

13. Chiku

Chiku Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    17/06/11 started Xenical
    Along with your body doing the certain adjustment are you managing to drink enough water?

Congratulations on the 4 lb loss

14. MiniB

MiniB Here we go again!

Diet:
    Exante
    Well done on the 4lbs loss. That's great. Worth sticking it out for another week wasn't it? Well done again, you're doing a great job and well over the halfway mark now!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.