Help Please

I very much doubt you have done bump any harm as the they are very good at getting all the goodness they need from mummy and you have been getting that from the shakes. It will explain though why you have been feeling like you have, all the good stuff has gone to bump. Personally I'd start on healthy eating straight away but worth checking out with a health professional to be sure. Oh and huge congratulations!! Keep well xx

No medical expertise here either, but I think I have a pretty good grasp of how LT works and what it does to our bodies. Since you've only been on the diet for 5 or 6 days, I'm really positive you can't have done any damage. All that happens for the first few days is running down your glycogen stores and losing stored water. In the longer term, fat-burning can release oestrogen (why so many people have funny cycles) which could interfere with pregnancy, but you'll barely be at that stage yet...

If you've had all your shakes so far, then you'll have had your full, proper (and probably better balanced than normal!) amount of nutrients, which is great news both for you and your bump-to-be. The important thing about re-feeding is going to be a gradual introduction of carbohydrates just so that your body doesn't go overboard replacing the glycogen.

So, IMHO, I'd start re-feeding today but I'd perhaps even go straight in at day 2 - have one shake and 2 small, protein-based meals. Again, only my opinion, but since you've been on it for such a short time, it's not like your body really needs to get used to eating again, in the same way as if you'd been doing it for months...

And of course, phone LT asap. :)

All the best to you and your family,
(selfishly, can I request you keep us up to date, just so we know you're ok...?)
Love, Marianne x

Thanks for all the advice i will keep u posted i am going into c the pharmasist in the morning vut i have also started on food again i just had some scrambled egg i have emailed lt but will also phone them tommorow starting to get excited now its sinking in xx

Hi all just to let u know i went to c pharmasist today and he assured me no harm will be done he said its happened quite a few times at our chemist also they weighed me anyway while i was there and i had lost 16lbs and that was with a day reefed was really happy anyhow i am feeling much better today after starting to reintroduce carbs. Thankyou for all your help and support over the last week everyone and good luck on your journeys xx

So pleased everythings ok blue :) ...did you put piccies up of the scan??? Hope your over the shock of it now ;) enjoy this time honey x x x

Well i have a development through the night i have been to see the emergency doctor as stomach pains were really bad after asking me if there was any chance i could be pregnant and me replying no tom was only last week he said he would check anyway and there it was 2 lines i could have died anyway they managed to use a portable scanner and found a heartbeat they reackon bout 11 weeks but cant be sure cos the portable scanner isnt great anyway the pain and bleeding he says are a water infection which i had with my other 2. i didnt tell him about lt i was too scared. what will happen do i stop it now or wait till i go to pharmasist tuesday this defo explains y ive been so ill. any advice appreciated am bit worried x

congrats!!!!!! :D :D :D xx

...Thankyou for all your help and support over the last week everyone and good luck on your journeys xx

:D Good luck on yours! :family2:

So glad to know things are going ok - hope it's smooth sailing all the way and that you enjoy it to the full!

Take care,
Marianne x

Back