Help please

jan9209

Silver Member
Have my meal tasting on sat for the wedding :( arghhhh I'm scared I'll put on but I need to make sure it's nice without being a creep lol

Menu is chicken with potatoes and veg
Lentil soup
And chocolate assiete

Any advice about what to do???

Thanks girlies xxx

Have my meal tasting on sat for the wedding :( arghhhh I'm scared I'll put on but I need to make sure it's nice without being a creep lol

Menu is chicken with potatoes and veg
Lentil soup
And chocolate assiete

Any advice about what to do???

Thanks girlies xxx

All should be ok to taste, just keep portions as small as possible love. Especially the chocolate assiete.

Thank you, I really don't want to undo my good work!! It's 8 of us having a meal to try the menu but it's full meals so will try sneak most onto other halfs plate and avoid the chocolate!

To be honest Jan, I think I would just enjoy it. It's part of your wedding prep and you'll only do it once, honey!

One meal won't break the bank.

Naughty P! xxx ;)

Naughty P indeed! I'll try not to go to nuts :) if I can stop myself!!! Would rather they go try it without me to be honest I trust them x

maybe treat it as a once-off celebration meal that you'd be allowed during Consolidation anyway? As long as you decide beforehand what you're going to do, and tell yourself it's ok to have a small 'break', it's not going to have a big impact on your overall result. Anyway, people will understand if you don't dive into the chocolate - just tell them you want to fit into your wedding dress! :)

Thank you, I really don't want to undo my good work!! It's 8 of us having a meal to try the menu but it's full meals so will try sneak most onto other halfs plate and avoid the chocolate!

Eat before you go, taste the dishes and if you have to take the rest home for your OH to have the following day.

If you're full before you go, you want feel the urge to eat all of the things you can't have.

To be honest Jan, I think I would just enjoy it. It's part of your wedding prep and you'll only do it once, honey!

One meal won't break the bank.

Naughty P! xxx ;)

I have to admit that I agree on this one! Enjoy the tasting, it all part of the excitement.
I'm a firm believer in making changes to my eating habits that will fit around my lifestyle rather than the other way around. You'r not planning on doing it everyday so just enjoy the treat :)

Thanks everyone! I am still determind and motivated so it's not that I'm fed up just a small problem to face on my journey haha can't believe I'm classing a free meal as a problem lol think I'm going to have fun and enjoy it and have a few pp days after. I prob won't have the pudding to be fair and I'll expect to stay same weight so won't be disheartened. Thanks everyone for your help x

I have decided that I'm just going to enjoy myself tomorrow and get back in it Sunday! Can't believe I feel guilty lol

Got to admit I'm looking forward to the potatoes more than the pudding!!!

X

enjoy! we'll all be wildly jealous when you come back and describe the meal :)

Enjoy Jan, as the others have already said it's all part of your wedding and therefore exceptional ;-)

Enjoy the meal!

I'm drinking loads of water before I go fill me up what do peeps think is worse? Carbs or sugar? Cause I need to eat one or other! X

They have the same effect on the body! Some waffle from good old wikipedia:

The term "low-carbohydrate diet" today is most strongly associated with the Atkins Diet. However, there is an array of other diets that share to varying degrees the same principles (e.g. the Zone Diet, the Protein Power Lifeplan,[SUP][43][/SUP] The Primal Blueprint,[SUP][44][/SUP] the Go Lower Diet,[SUP][45][/SUP] The Earth Diet and the South Beach Diet).[SUP][46][/SUP] The American Academy of Family Physicians defines low-carbohydrate diets as diets that restrict carbohydrate intake to 20g to 60g per day.[SUP][47][/SUP] Atkins (in the later phases) and some other low-carbohydrate diets exceed the 60g limit definition by this group. There is no widely accepted definition of what precisely constitutes a low-carbohydrate diet. It is important to note that the level of carbohydrate consumption defined as low-carbohydrate by medical researchers may be different from the level of carbohydrate defined by diet advisors. For the purposes of this discussion, this article focuses on diets that reduce (nutritive) carbohydrate intake sufficiently to dramatically reduce insulin production in the body and to encourage ketosis(production of ketones to be used as energy in place of glucose).
Although low-carbohydrate diets were originally created on the basis of anecdotal evidence of their effectiveness, today there is a much greater theoretical basis on which these diets rest.[SUP][48][/SUP][SUP][49][/SUP] The key scientific principle which forms the basis for these diets is the relationship between consumption of carbohydrates and the subsequent effect on blood sugar (i.e. blood glucose) and on production of certain specific hormones. Blood sugar levels in the human body must be maintained in a fairly narrow range to maintain health. The two primary hormones related to regulating blood sugar levels, produced in the pancreas, are insulin, which lowers blood sugar levels (among many other effects, most of considerable metabolic significance), and glucagon, which raises blood sugar levels.[SUP][50][/SUP] In general, most western diets (and many others) are sufficiently high in nutritive carbohydrates that nearly all meals evoke insulin secretion from the beta cells in the pancreas; carbohydrates which are digested to produce glucose in the blood stream are the primary control for insulin secretion. Another aspect of insulin secretion is control of ketosis; in the non-ketotic state, the human body stores dietary fat in fat cells (i.e., adipose tissue) and preferentially uses glucose as cellular fuel. By contrast, low-carbohydrate diets, or more properly, diets that are very low in nutritive carbohydrates, evoke less insulin (to cover the ingested glucose in the blood stream), leading to longer and more frequent episodes of ketosis. Some researchers suggest that this causes body fat to be eliminated from the body, although this theory remains controversial, insofar as it refers to excretion of lipids (i.e., fat and oil) and not to fat metabolism during ketosis.[SUP][51][/SUP]
Low-carbohydrate diet advocates in general recommend reducing nutritive carbohydrates (commonly referred to as "net carbs," i.e. grams of total carbohydrates reduced by the non-nutritive carbohydrates)[SUP][52][/SUP][SUP][53][/SUP] to very low levels. This means sharply reducing consumption of desserts, breads, pastas, potatoes, rice, and other sweet or starchy foods. Some recommend levels less than 20 grams of "net carbs" per day, at least in the early stages of dieting[SUP][54][/SUP] (for comparison, a single slice of white bread typically contains 15 grams of carbohydrate, almost entirely starch). By contrast, the U.S. Institute of Medicine recommends a minimum intake of 130 grams of carbohydrate per day (the FAO and WHO similarly recommend that the majority of dietary energy come from carbohydrates).[SUP][55][/SUP][SUP][56][/SUP]
Low-carbohydrate diets often differ in the specific amount of carbohydrate intake allowed, whether certain types of foods are preferred, whether occasional exceptions are allowed, etc. Generally they all agree that processed sugar should be eliminated, or at the very least greatly reduced, and similarly generally discourage heavily processed grains (white bread, etc.). Low-carbohydrate diets vary greatly in their recommendations as to the amount of fat allowed in the diet. The Atkins Diet does not limit fat. Others recommend a moderate fat intake.
Although low-carbohydrate diets are most commonly discussed as a weight-loss approach, some experts have proposed using low-carbohydrate diets to mitigate or prevent diseases including diabetes, metabolic disease and epilepsy.[SUP][57][/SUP][SUP][58][/SUP] Some low-carbohydrate proponents and others argue that the rise in carbohydrate consumption, especially refined carbohydrates, caused the epidemic levels of many diseases in modern society, including metabolic disease and type 2 diabetes.[SUP][59][/SUP][SUP][60][/SUP][SUP][61][/SUP][SUP][unreliable source?][/SUP]
There is also a category of diets known as low-glycemic-index diets (low-GI diets) or low-glycemic-load diets (low-GL diets), in particular the Low GI Diet by Brand-Miller et al.[SUP][62][/SUP] In reality, low-carbohydrate diets can also be low-GL diets (and vice versa) depending on the carbohydrates in a particular diet. In practice, though, "low-GI"/"low-GL" diets differ from "low-carb" diets in the following ways. First, low-carbohydrate diets treat all nutritive carbohydrates as having the same effect on metabolism, and generally assume that their effect is predictable. Low-GI/low-GL diets are based on the measured change in blood glucose levels in various carbohydrates - these vary markedly in laboratory studies. The differences are due to poorly understood digestive differences between foods. However, as foods influence digestion in complex ways (e.g., both protein and fat delay absorption of glucose from carbohydrates eaten at the same time) it is difficult to even approximate the glycemic effect (e.g., over time or even in total in some cases) of a particular meal.
Another related diet type, the low-insulin-index diet, is similar except that it is based on measurements of direct insulemic responses (i.e., the amount of insulin in the bloodstream) to food rather than glycemic response (the amount of glucose in the bloodstream). Although such diet recommendations mostly involve lowering nutritive carbohydrates, there are some low-carbohydrate foods that are discouraged as well (e.g., beef).[SUP][63][/SUP] Insulin secretion is stimulated (though less strongly) by other dietary intake. Like glycemic index diets, there is difficulty predicting the insulin secretion from any particular meal, due to assorted digestive interactions and so differing effects on insulin release.

[h=2][edit][/h]

although I would add that many would argue that sugar is the worst as it has no nutrients, whereas say a potato does, but the gist is they do the same thing to the body, hence why both are not allowed on this diet, and Atkins.

Back