Help please

I was always tempted to choose sugar as it's the first one to burn in the body before everything else*confused dot com on this one*
Hope the menu tasted fabaroonie Jan xx

Thats the sugar related to alcohol! There will be probably be a lot of discussion of that over in the Atkins forums, this is from about.com:
Although alcohol is sometimes lumped in with carbohydrates, our bodies treat alcohol and carbohydrate differently. From a pure calorie standpoint, a gram of alcohol provides the body with 7 calories per gram, whereas carbohydrates have 4 calories per gram. Moreover, the body uses the calories from alcohol first for energy, before carbohydrate or fat.

Some of the popular low-carb diets recommend not drinking alcoholic beverages, at least for the first phase of the diet. This is probably because alcohol can cause blood sugar to be erratic, depending upon the type, amount, and whether we have food in our stomachs.

in terms of ranking the 'lesser of 2 evils', I'd agree that sugar is worse than carbs. From my dukan book:
* Fats (animal or vegetable) = enemy number 1 for dieters, as they represent the most concentrated form in which surplus energy is stored.
* Simple carbohydrates (found in sugar, fruits, refined carbs) = enemy number two . They are assimilated quickly and trigger the pancreas to produce large amounts of insulin which in turn increases appetite and fat storage.

anyway, i think that drinking lots of water and even having a protein snack or meal before the tasting will help control the cravings. hope it was fab!

Hi all well the meal turned into a wee party at mine lol everyone just away!

We all has a great night was a good laugh! It was the first time I've ate 'properly' in 2 months so it felt odd at first but thoroughly enjoyed every last morsel haha my sister in law has been on sw as well so we both let our hair down! Meal was as follows:

Starter: lentil soup with a bread roll
Main: chicken breast on a potato thingy lol with tiny bit of peppercorn sauce and tiny but if mushroom sauce (trying both to see what was nicer) green beans
Pudding: chocolate assiete which was one small scoop of milk chocolate ice cream, small white chocolate mouse and a small slice of dark chocolate tart with a syrup design thing.

3 jack Daniels with diet coke
Handful of haggis and black pepper crisps.

Was veeeeeeery full after it even though doesn't sound a lot!

Then jumped around a bit to flo rider and black eyed peas and lady gaga hahaha

Everyone's spirits were high (quite literally as there was free wine but I don't drink it :) and was super impressed with the place, food and service. Can't wait for the wedding now that I know what I have to look forward to eating again haha

Off to bed now as I'm pooped and I have drunk a pint if water, back on yo Dukan tomorrow and away from the dark side, hope weigh in isn't to drastic on Monday :(

Night xxx

sounds like a wonderful evening, AND you were pretty restrained. plus you got lots of exercise. bet you feel great!

congrats, and don't stress about monday. a few days of PP will quickly make up for it.

Ah, you'll be just fine sweet pea and it sounds like you had a fabulous time.

But wait, which sauce DID you prefer?

P xxx

Thanks p it was such a good night my wee mum loves us all together :) I preferred the peppercorn sauce which sounds odd with chicken but was amazing!!! I actually ok today thought I'd want more carbs but I don't, I'm on way to tesco to buy a whole chicken to munch on..... Without the sauce I can have that again at wedding (think looking forward to the meal more than saying my vows now I know what to expect!) hahaha xxx

Back