Help please

monica1969

Hi All

im new to SW and I'm doing the online version, can anyone tell me what decides its an Extra Easy day? For example, today I had scrambled egg and beans for breakfast, Batchelors savoury rice for lunch, then lean bacon, beans, egg and whole meal toast for tea, would that be extra easy or green with syns?

thanks

monica xxxxxx

Well its defintely not extra easy as you've mentioned no superfree food at all. To be extra easy 1/3 of each meal needs to be superfree. This is also recommend on red and green plans too.

Ok to make it an ee day you could have less beans and make 1/3 of your plate up with tinned tomatoes and mushrooms for example.

I often have the savoury rice for lunch but I just have half a pouch, then chop up peppers, courgette, carrots etc and cook it all together in the water to make the 1/3.

Dinner is very similar to breakfast, you could have less of the other foods and add some veg such as grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, onions etc.

The idea of the superfree is to physically reduce the amount of non superfree (ie more calorie dense) foods that will fit on your plate, and in your stomach without having to count or weigh. The rice is a good example of this, I can easily eat a whole pack of this rice on its own, which fills one of my bowls, but by only using half the rice and using lots of veg, it still fills the bowl and is the same quantity of food, just now a proportion of it is very low calorie.
Hope this helps. X

hey :).

each meal should have one third of the plate as SS (super speed) like vege/fruit espically strawberries melon etc. baked beans are free foods but not SS :)

i would try for the first few weeks to get your head around it. before your meal have a SS starter, some girls at my group do that. like having a fruit salad before breky then before tea have a small salad. hope this helps! xx

Yesterday I had the same breakfast, Caesar salad with chicken for lunch, I went out for a work meal in the evening and had a tomato and feta salad then spaghetti mare, which is a tomato based pasta with seafood, is that right for extra easy?

So basically eat more fruit and veg?!
yep 1/3 of each meal and snacks if you can should be fruit or veg these cannot include avocado (as it has syns) peas or corn (as they are high carb) but can still be eaten on an ee day with no need to syn just not included in the 1/3 sf and fruit must not be cooked or purreed as it has to be synned if it is(so smoothies have syns )
hope that makes sense

Ok to make it an ee day you could have less beans and make 1/3 of your plate up with tinned tomatoes and mushrooms for example.

I often have the savoury rice for lunch but I just have half a pouch, then chop up peppers, courgette, carrots etc and cook it all together in the water to make the 1/3.

Dinner is very similar to breakfast, you could have less of the other foods and add some veg such as grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, onions etc.

The idea of the superfree is to physically reduce the amount of non superfree (ie more calorie dense) foods that will fit on your plate, and in your stomach without having to count or weigh. The rice is a good example of this, I can easily eat a whole pack of this rice on its own, which fills one of my bowls, but by only using half the rice and using lots of veg, it still fills the bowl and is the same quantity of food, just now a proportion of it is very low calorie.
Hope this helps. X

I had savoury rice for dinner with chicken and threw in a heap of frozen mixed veg to bulk it out and make up my sf x

yep 1/3 of each meal and snacks if you can should be fruit or veg these cannot include avocado (as it has syns) peas or corn (as they are high carb) but can still be eaten on an ee day with no need to syn just not included in the 1/3 sf and fruit must not be cooked or purreed as it has to be synned if it is(so smoothies have syns )
hope that makes sense
I do try Cat but with being at work it's quite difficult x

monica1969 said:
But if they are free Scarlett, does it matter?

Free doesn't mean unlimited, its a misleading part of the plan. You often hear of people eating loads of mullerlights and plates piled high with free food just because its free- the plan works as long as 1. You have the superfree and 2. You only eat when hungry and stop when full.
Of course its better to eat cherry tomatoes all day rather than malteasers, but its still calories going in which if you eat enough of something, will affect your weightloss.

But if they are free Scarlett, does it matter?

theres no point eating them if you are not hungry ....its wasted calories.

your body tells you it needs fuel by giving hunger signals so if it doesnt need fuel ..... IT WILL STORE IT AS FAT

yes tomatoes are low cal .... but they still have calories

i used to eat ALOT when i wasnt hungry ...... its a hard habit to break but im getting there

Back