Help please!!!

MamaC

Silver Member
My OH started s&s yesterday! He tried it a few months ago but only managed 2 days!
This time he has been really sick since starting it as soon as he eats a pack he gets sick. I can't understand why this is happening he's not allergic to anything other than eggs but has to actually eat an egg to get sick. Has anyone else had this problem? He really wants and needs this to work! Could this be his body fighting going into ketosis? He is so used to eating rubbish, take outs, sweets, lots of carbs etc.
any advice would be hugely appreciated xx

Could be a stomach bug totally unrelated to the packs.

Is it the shakes? Or the mealpacks?

If it's the shakes could it just be a texture thing? Psychological thing?

It's all of them the shakes and the meals! He seems ok with the bars prob coz they are chocolate. He is really picky about his food and what he puts in his mouth though! Xx

Psychological then if he's fine with tuna.

This diet maybe isn't for him. He can't live off the bars.

He said he was enjoying the packs so doesn't understand it :( I feel at a loss now! I have no idea what to do!

The power of the mind to manifest the physical is quite scary sometimes. I would suggest that he take a gradual approach and cut down on his daily carb intake first of all then it's not such a shocker to the system. Then introduce the packs a meal at a time. He can get into ketosis and follow a low cal plan without using the packs, so if he can get to below, say, 60 or 70g of carb per day without being ill, then it could well be psychological - clearly that's a harder nut to crack!

Have you spoken to s&s about it? Could be something in the packs he's sensitive to, especially if they have changed pack supplier since last time he was on it. Could be worth getting a comprehensive list of ingredients so you can check. Hope it works out ok. If he can't have the shakes, have a look on the net about real food diets that can also put you in ketosis, primal or paleo diets look interesting. Try marksdailyapple.com. Xx

Thanks all I have spoken to Sns and they said he seems to have one of the very rare side effects of the diet and they have only known a handful of ppl have this problem! They said his body is rejecting it and unfortunately there is nothing they can do! Doesn't make sense to me how he tried it when I started 10 weeks ago and managed 2 days no problem. Oh well back to the drawing board :( xx

Back