Help/Support needed please! ;)

gemmaxgemma

Hey :) My names Gemma, im 26 from middlesex and I have followed SW a few years ago, getting off to a pretty good start, I have decided to start again after putting all the weight back on BUT I am finding it soooo so hard! I start of really well but by the evening my motivation goes out of the window and i keep failing and giving in :( and once i've given in I think what the heck and go completley off the rails stuffing myself silly :(

Its really getting me down as I really want to do this more than anything but i feel like a failure and how can i expect to loose weight when i cant even manage one day at 100%?! maybe i eat out of boredom i dont know...

ANYHOW, I got to thinking maybe I need some support and/ or guidance when these binging moments appear and wondered if anyone was experiencing the same thing and/or was looking for a diet buddy

Xxx

Hey Gemma,

We have 2 things in common- we are both 26 and both live in middlesex so i'm sure we can do this together to beat the same thing I go through too! Evenings are my worse time of the day.

The key is to plan your meals, even your snacks. If you know what you're eating then you can't go wrong.

What are you eating when you get home in the morning? I do not have any synful snacks in the house like chocolate, biccies, etc so even when I want to binge i cant like i used to because i dont have all of the fattening stuff i used too.

Have you started a food diary. If you can write things down everyday, the days you do relapse you can see where you went wrong and that will allow you to pin point where you need to build your will power.

I always end up binging whenever i dont know what im going to eat. so make sure you draw up a plan. Even if you dont stick to it everyday, have meals ready in your mind so you know what to pick and choose from.

Find some syn free snacks too, when you're hungry head for them instead of the other stuff.

Make yourself busy- when you know its false hunger, so read a book or take a shower, or get an early night! lol might sound silly, but i often do that to avoid binge eating.

rozie x

gemmaxgemma said:
Hey :) My names Gemma, im 26 from middlesex and I have followed SW a few years ago, getting off to a pretty good start, I have decided to start again after putting all the weight back on BUT I am finding it soooo so hard! I start of really well but by the evening my motivation goes out of the window and i keep failing and giving in :( and once i've given in I think what the heck and go completley off the rails stuffing myself silly :(

Its really getting me down as I really want to do this more than anything but i feel like a failure and how can i expect to loose weight when i cant even manage one day at 100%?! maybe i eat out of boredom i dont know...

ANYHOW, I got to thinking maybe I need some support and/ or guidance when these binging moments appear and wondered if anyone was experiencing the same thing and/or was looking for a diet buddy

Xxx

Hi Gemma, my names Jan and I'm 21 living in Middlesex.

Been doing SW for about a month now and have been hopeless at it. I'm a previous eating disorder sufferer so know EXACTLY what that need to binge feels like :-(

I'm looking for a diet buddy too, but posted in entirely the wrong place! Just someone to whom I can be accountable and vice versa, and someone to encourage and be encouraged by. Really want to make this work for me.

Let me know if interested and hope you're well x

Hi Girls, I am 24 and also live in middlesex. I defo understand how you feel! I would be interested in diet buddy'ing...I am due to start SW next tuesday and I am kind of nervous! Lets try and support each other girlies xxx ;)

My target weight suggests I need to lose one stone, but I'd like to lose more, probably 2 to 2.5 stones.

Oh dear, it's only 8am and I'm already setting myself up to fail.... Thinking about toast for brekkie!

Flutterby3 - you can have toast, why is this a bad start?
Ladies I dont live in Middlesex, but i am really struggling and evenings is the worst time for me too.
At work i can normally stick to plan and munch on free food and my Healthy Extras but as soon as i have eaten my tea and walked the dog the munchies start to call.
I am attempting the Mung Bean Wraps tonight - so i will let you all know maybe they will help us on our journey.

Sorry I should've specified... Not the SW loaf of bread, but the normal size with margarine and marmalade! Yum!

Welcome! Don't have to be from Middlesex to join.

Put up a pic of the mung bean wraps if you can... They sound yum!

Hey guys.. I'm the same re: evening snacks.. When I'm in a routine I'm great but not so much when I get home. But now that I've been on plan for a while now i don't have anything tempting in the house to eat so even if I wanted to have something naughty I can't lol it's sooo frustrating when that happens but it's good because I can't have what my stomach wants.

I HAD to have a pizza hut buffet lunch today (see my diary for the explanation lol) so spent 45 syns of my week on it :( rubbish. Leaves me with 8 syns for the rest of the week.... Will not go over it if my life depends on it! Lol

Roziee said:
Hey guys.. I'm the same re: evening snacks.. When I'm in a routine I'm great but not so much when I get home. But now that I've been on plan for a while now i don't have anything tempting in the house to eat so even if I wanted to have something naughty I can't lol it's sooo frustrating when that happens but it's good because I can't have what my stomach wants.

I HAD to have a pizza hut buffet lunch today (see my diary for the explanation lol) so spent 45 syns of my week on it :( rubbish. Leaves me with 8 syns for the rest of the week.... Will not go over it if my life depends on it! Lol

Oh dear, reading this has made me crave pizza hut!! LOL!

I find reading the slimming world magazine is very motivational, also I like to try out the lovely recipes they feature. I've been keeping a food diary too, which is helping. Good luck x:)

Flutterby3 said:
Oh dear, reading this has made me crave pizza hut!! LOL!

Sorry! I didn't want to do that!

suzyflo said:
I find reading the slimming world magazine is very motivational, also I like to try out the lovely recipes they feature. I've been keeping a food diary too, which is helping. Good luck x:)

Me too

I am actually looking to lose about 4-5 stones! A lot I know *shamed face* lool... I haven't oficially started (start next tues!) but today my friend made me a very healthy lunch of ryvita, some houmus, beetroot salad and ham and cheese. Dinner was a disaster...The evenings are my trigger time too...Thin I need to start getting some contingency plans in place. We can do it ladies...remember it doesn't matter how many times you fall so long as you get back up! (cliché I know but very true!)

I have 8 stones to lose so please don't have a shame face- nothing to be ashamed about having the strength to lose weight :) we can and will do this. Have a food plan for the week to keep u on track :)

I work at a shop on weekends. The mirrors there are awful. Just accentuate all my flab.

And today I've been home all day In a jumper and leggings and just..l everything is bulging. It's a combination of bad eating and going on the pill... This pill made me pile on the pounds even when I was really good with what I was eating.

I just know how I will feel tomorrow after a day at work, most probably on fitting rooms where they always put me, surrounded by mirrors.

Just really hating what I see. Makes me very sad

Flutterby3 said:
I work at a shop on weekends. The mirrors there are awful. Just accentuate all my flab.

And today I've been home all day In a jumper and leggings and just..l everything is bulging. It's a combination of bad eating and going on the pill... This pill made me pile on the pounds even when I was really good with what I was eating.

I just know how I will feel tomorrow after a day at work, most probably on fitting rooms where they always put me, surrounded by mirrors.

Just really hating what I see. Makes me very sad

Big hugs to you darling. Vision yourself in your new slinky slimmed down body next time you look into the mirror :) cook lots of yummy food and eat it.. Go out for a walk.. You won't forever be the shape you are- not if I can help it!

Back