help, think I've been getting it wrong

broxi

ButtErFly
I have just started SW on extra easy and this week I've not lost any weight yet but just thinking I've been doing it wrong. I have been snacking between meals on free food eg chicken drumsticks not accompanied by superfree, although I've also had lots of fruit at intervals throughout the day. Is this wrong?

Your first choice for snacks should always be super free foods. However, free foods are free so your not doing anything wrong be snacking on them. I would say carry on and if you don't see the loss you want / expect then switch to just super free food for snacks. Good luck.

Are you actually hungry when you snack? .If so, I agree with Browsie, try SF first - fruit / veg. .Alsom if you're not 100% sure whether you're hungry or not, try drinking a large glass of water. .I read something ages ago about people thinking they're hungry when actually they're thirsty and water can do the trick.

Good luck.

I'm probably not hungry, just find it hard to curb my eating. Maybe because of all the free and superfree food SW isn't really for me as I probably still eat far too much. Wish I could just control myself!

Superfree foods are fine - have as much as you want but perhaps swap free food snacks for superfree and opt for veggies instead of fruit. But before making any drastic changes post your food diary so we can take a look for you

Some other things to think about

- what was your eating like just before joining SW
- are you drinking enough water
- could time of the month be making a difference
- are you on any meds that could affect your losses
- are you exercising
- do you feel bloated at all
-(sorry personal one here) how are your toilet habits lol

There is no magic solution to weight loss unfortunately so sometimes its about finding the right balance for you. But put aside those thoughts of it perhaps not being for you - its far too early to decide its not working :)

Thanks patchwork, just getting a bit despondent there. I ate loads before of everything, now i'm just eating loads of free/superfree so it's got to be better for me. I will try and only overeat on superfree. And I don't drink enough water probably.
Today I ate
Breakfast - 1 slice whole meal toast, cheese slice, peach, banana
lunch - couscous, lentils, mixed veg, prawns, salmon, 2 nectarines, mullerlight
dinner = 2 roast chicken legs (greedy, I know!) a potato, mixed veg, plums, nectarine
snack - while waiting on dinner cooking - prawns
Think I am overdoing the fruit tbh and I'm a bit embarrassed with how much i eat but what do you think?

You mentioned snacking on chicken drumsticks. Remember to take the skin off as there is a lot of fat in the skin. Just a thought hope this helps :)

Back