Help! What to do when things slow down?

ImpossibleDreamer

:help2:
I figured it was worth me asking those of you who've been through the weigh loss slow down as you approach your goal and how you conqured it.

I've lost 3 stone 13.5 lbs and I have been battling to get my 4 stone award for a few weeks now. It's taken me just over a year to get this far and I still have about a stone and a half to lose. I feel like my body just isn't responding to me anymore and it's hard to keep motivated when you're working so hard with no impact on the scales.

Has anyone else been through this and got any tips to shake things up? I've cut my syns to around 5 most days and I do an hours cardio at the gym 4 days a week. I drink 2 litres water minimum a day and vary my days between red, green and ee.

Will be very grateful to hear anyones advice :eek:

Have you tried mixing up by HEAs and HEBs rather than having the same ones every day? You really need to vary these and your meals to get the losses going again.

Denise

~Thats what I have been trying to do this week, is it called success express. Well we shall see if its a success, and if it is indeed express!

Ohh what's the sucsess express? Sounds interesting!

Think you have to have 2/3rd superfree at evey meal, 1/3rd free! Dont feel any slimmer though atm, bit of muffin top still. But my arms are bit skinny! lol

Well just try to stay motivated by looking a what you've already achieved. Hopefully th success express works out. Other than that just try to stay low on syns, do as much exercise as possible and eat loads of superfree foods. My consultant says that sometimes your weight can take a few weeks to drop off even if you have been good.

Good luck

Well just try to stay motivated by looking a what you've already achieved. Hopefully th success express works out. Other than that just try to stay low on syns, do as much exercise as possible and eat loads of superfree foods. My consultant says that sometimes your weight can take a few weeks to drop off even if you have been good.

Good luck

Thanks.. we shall see what happens Tuesday. I have made the speed food soup yesterday and had some today and there;s some for tomorrow. I've also eaten scan bran everyday so perhaps it'll all help! :D

Good luck
Thank you so much for that post! You dont know how much it has cheered me up, I have been good, always 100% on plan, not going out for meals, in the pub with a diet coke and nothing else, and I am a bit stuck. I only lost half pound,then another half, then maintained then out of the blue lost 2.5 lbs although I had done nothing different! So yes what she said has happened to me. I am due another big loss, will let you know tomorrow after W I.And I am sticking to 5 syns only a day! Such a blinkin angel I am!!!

ahhh this is such a good thread for me, I'm in the same boat had really good losses and then suddenly half a pound each week, which I know is a loss but when you try so hard its really hard to take the positive!!! This week I have tried a few new recipes, so hopefully will see some results on the scales tonight. Will try that 2/3rds free next and see what happens!

Stick with it and we'll get there :)

ahhh this is such a good thread for me, I'm in the same boat had really good losses and then suddenly half a pound each week, which I know is a loss but when you try so hard its really hard to take the positive!!! This week I have tried a few new recipes, so hopefully will see some results on the scales tonight. Will try that 2/3rds free next and see what happens!

Stick with it and we'll get there :)

Let me know how your weigh in goes! Crossing fingers for you :D It's great to have people in a similar position to help spur each other on.

Love your signature too, one of my favorite sayings.

Hiya, well truly made up today. Lost 1.5lbs, not a lot to some, but for me was amazin!!!! Thanks for all the support, hope you both get the results you want and sounds like you deserve!

Thank you both for your support! I lost 1.5lbs today so only 2.5lbs to go to target, so made up. Not a lot for a lot of people, but I was totally ecstatic!Hope you get the results you want this week, good luck

Hiya, well truly made up today. Lost 1.5lbs, not a lot to some, but for me was amazin!!!! Thanks for all the support, hope you both get the results you want and sounds like you deserve!

Woo hoooo that's brilliant news! So pleased for you hon :D

Will let you know how it goes for me tomorrow...

Well a pound off this week, not loads but I got my stone and a half award so the sticketrs always cheer me up hehe!

But my consultant says its always the same, you lose half a pound, you want 1.5 off, you lose 1.5 you wish it was 2 lol. I am DEF in that category.....!:giggle:

Heres to another good week!

Hi Dreamer

Are you doing Extra Easy or the Original/ Green plan? When things really slowed down for me on Original/ Green, I went over to doing almost all red days which I have been doing ever since and it seemed to kick start things. I find because I am exercising so much, the extra protein helps with muscle repair etc.

Just an idea which worked for me :)

Good luck hon.

Debs

Back