HELP!! What to do with Cottage Cheese?!?!

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by I'M-GONNA-DO-IT, 22 February 2009 Social URL.

1. I'M-GONNA-DO-IT

I'M-GONNA-DO-IT Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.81%)
    Diet:
    not specific one. high protein
    i just need new ideas. this stuff is great. fat free cottage cheese is only 80 calories 15g protein, 4g fiber and other vitamins.

what are some stuff you mix with it. i just put it over veggies and mix with fruit. thanks a bunch!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    You can put it in a jacket potato. On ryvita or crispbreads

4. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

I also love cottage cheese. I eat it plain with a little pepper!

5. Jesse

Jesse Banned

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(30.3%)
    I eat cottage cheese every second day because I love it. I add whatever I have: banana, apple, strawberries, peach, pear, definitely raisins and yogurt.

6. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I have always loved cottage cheese so I'm glad I can eat it all of the time. I like to put mine in a container with large prawns and liberraly cover in paprika. Its perfect for taking to work.

There is also a great slimming world recipe where you put cotttage chesse inside chicken with prawns and then bake....it's scrummy!

7. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    If you buy the chive and onion one you can ring the changes and make a sort of baked quiche. mix one egg and one egg white into the cottage cheese add some peppers, onions, mushroom etc and put it in an oven dish. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 mins til set. This is really lovely cold sliced with salad.

Princess Sausage

8. tony7

tony7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.14%)
    Diet:
    Self-Control + Exercise
    Bear with me on this one - Cottage Cheese Smoothie!

Great for making cottage cheese bearable. A bit of a hit-and-miss affair though.

Try 1/2 to 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1-ish cup of frozen fruit and some sweetener (splenda). Add some ice and some chilled water and Blend until smooth!

You need the water or else it can be too thick to drink. Nice though!

9. Pippy Bear

Pippy Bear Fighting the fat!

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've used it to make a kind of quiche:

Beat 3 eggs together with tub of virtually fat free cottage cheese, pour over a selection of fillings of your choice ( I've used mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onion and pepper) Bake in oven, gas mark 6, for approx 35-40 mins, until golden brown. Can be served hot or cold.

I follow SW and with fillings from the free lists this is sin free.

10. chips with everything

chips with everything Silver Member

Start Weight:
    317lb
    Current Weight:
    270lb
    Goal Weight:
    162lb
    Lost(%):
    47lb(14.83%)
    Diet:
    following WW old/vintage points at home
    Savoury or sweet works for me

I used to always think of it as savoury because of the slight saltiness. I love it mixed with grainy French mustard, it makes a great dip for a plate of raw veggies cut into crudités. I love, carrot battons, sprigs of cauli, slices of radish, strips of coloured peppers, celery, spring onions and mange tout or sugar snap peas. Plus if you've been good .... ;) maybe a couple of broken up thin multi seeded Ryvita thins or two breadsticks ! :p

It took a while for me to think of it as working with fruit, but I love it with melon and a little bit of cinnamon on top. Yum, Melon and cottage cheese are goes onto my shopping list for tomorrow :cool:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.